[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suppose Shane killed Rick instead. Where would the group be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Suppose Shane killed Rick instead.
Where would the group be?

How would Shane have handled Terminus?
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 678x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 678x1024
>>62992082
I believe he would have handled terminus in more or less of the same way. I could see that carol would disapprove of him as a leader though. Leading up to Alexandria I bet he would have let Carl get raped and alexandria would distrust him more. Shane ends up ruling Alexandria earlier than Rick, he forces the people to learn his ways. The wolves still attack but he kills them all and is better prepared, when Morgan pulls that shit I bet he would have arrested him or banished him. I imagine more people surving but also there's a lot more tension around Shane as a leader, leading to eventual betrayal or carol dying by Shane.
>>
>>62992082
I'd probably still be watching.
I stopped after Terminus.

After so much meaningless filler, plot armor and inconsequential action... I just don't care about any of the characters anymore.
>>
>>62992082
what you thank dale?
>>
>>62992271
I think you're right.
Rick's new catchphrase, "You gotta fight to survive" was originally said by Shane back in season 2.
He understood everything quicker.

>>62992303
It did get boring.
>>
>>62992271
>when Morgan pulls that shit

The only reason Morgan got to Alexandria was because of Rick. If Rick had been dead long ago he wouldn't have made his way there.

>>62992082
If Shane was the one alive they'd still be at the prison. The moment the Governor started up Shane would've killed him without a thought. There wouldn't be negotiating in a room, just Shane walking up to him with a pistol and done. Then the rest of the show would be how the beginning of Season 4 was except indefinitely.
>>
>>62992082
People still watch this shitshow?

I quit watching after "Muh governer" for like 3 seasons straight.
>>
>>62992388
So... they would have won?
Shit.
>>
>>62992424
>one of the most popular shows on right now
>millions of people watch each episode
>"durrr people still watch this hurr if i don't like it nobody should!!111"
>>
>>62992082
shane was a JSS type of guy.. he wouldve been wondering alone by season 6
>>
>>62992473
I just can't see how people can sit through 3 seasons of the governer.

>Oh fug the governer
>He ded
>He's not ded, he a good boi dindu nuffin now
>Sheeeiit. He dun killed somebody
>Sheeeiit.
>>
>>62992599
It was like a season and a half you autist fuck
>>
>>62992599
>>62992424

Gov was a based villain and his brief redemption arc was one of the best parts of the show you tasteless disgusting fucking pleb.
>>
>>62992760
agreed.
It really showed the grey area in which most of the characters reside.
>>
Rick is bordering on crazy sometimes, Shane was full blown nutjob. He had to be put down before he killed the whole group.
>>
>>62992082
We would have actually had a decent zombie show. The leader of the group would be a charismatic guy who becomes more and more of a psychopath as the show progresses.
>>
Rick is literally shane at this point so not much would be different
>>
>>62992979
This
>>
Shane had a better grasp on reality than Rick, who was exeesingly naive and idealistic until recent seasons, so his judgements would have been better through out the prison arc, but one thing people tend to overlook is that Rick is a far better tactician. Rick comes up with some really creative and effective plays (the prison ambush, which worked. The gambit at the church, which worked. The plan to divert the walkers from the quarry, which was a spot on plan and only didn't fully succeed because of not just the wolves attacking, but a truck crashing in just the right way that the horn got stuck. This would have been rediculous to expect or plan for from their perspective.) Shane was never shown to have quite that level of cunning.
>>
>>62993716
Now that Rick is on shane's level in terms of judgement, and retains his superior sense of strategy and his superior ability as a leader, he's basically an uber-shane now.
>>
>>62992473
This
>>62992388
Or this

Shane was a ruthless and remorseless killer. He was never a good negotiator and easily throw folks into the fire.
>>
>>62993716
>>62993801
I immediately think people are retarded and stop reading immediately when judgment has an E in it.
>>
>>62994478
>judgment
>dgment
>ment
>ent
>en
>e
>e
Stopped reading.
>>
File: 1440239981575.gif (497 KB, 312x205) Image search: [Google]
1440239981575.gif
497 KB, 312x205
Is this show supposed to look like shit? Also why isbsome of the acting utter shit by characters that have been on since season 2? I liked it at first but it hasnt improved i feel likebim watching twin peaks it looks so fake and film schoolosh
>>
>>62992082
Nobody follows Shane. Rick is now at Shane point in the "acceptable losses" area of decision making, but people follow Rick because of his loyalty to them, even is it's a bit of a dictatorship. Shane would have maintained no such loyalty. Rick's interactions are peppered with a little emotional hand-holding. Shane's had none. They would've turned on him eventually.
>>
>>62995198

This. Shane might have helped the group survive, but there would be no group helping him. So they would have all died soon unceremoniously, because a lot of them would end up distrusting Shane and trying to leave.
>>
>>62995198
Exactly. I see the group splitting in half after the farm if Shane made it and not Rick, those staying with Shane despite him being a sociopath and those who couldn't stand being near him. Who knows where those groups would have ended up.
>>
like someone else mentioned, shane would've been turned on relatively quickly. lone wanderer or dead, likely latter
>>
Shane wanted to kill off Rick because he thought he was a bad leader, but he really just wanted the puss. So he probably would have ended up like the Governor, he would provide for a group, but really it would just be to serve himself. i could see him getting twisted and crazy like the Gov too.
>>
Well, if shane killed rick, they would have probably still went to the prison, some might have broke off.

He meets the insiders at the prison, kills them instantly. T dog doesnt die. Lori doesnt die, carl doesnt become an edgelord for a bit.

Assuming glenn and maggie still get kidnapped by merle, mochonne comes over, Shane wouldnt attack the gonernors place, seeming he would just cut ties probably. he did when looking for sophia.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.