[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you ever buy replica clothing from a movie or TV show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
Would you ever buy replica clothing from a movie or TV show? I'm considering buying pic related, but all the replicas I find look like shit.
>>
>>62990936
What does the S stand for?
>>
>>62990977
Sad
>>
>>62990936
You won't look as good as the character that wore it in the show/movie, and you'll never not look cringey and try-hard wearing it as a result. If you really like the look that much, emulate the general style, don't copy the exact details.
>>
No because I'm short and stubby and it fucking sucks and nothing fits right and its all a mess.
>>
>>62990936
cool jacket, starlord
>>
>>62991025
I'm planning it for cosplay anyways.
>>
File: Picard Jacket.jpg (26 KB, 500x916) Image search: [Google]
Picard Jacket.jpg
26 KB, 500x916
>>62990936
I am starting to collect film jackets.
I have Picard's red captain's jacket (pic related), I have Luke's jacket from the Throne Room at the end of IV, and I have Wolverine's jacket from X-Men Origins - painful as that movie was.
OP's picture is on my list, as is the jacket from the first Terminator film, and I have a nagging feeling my girlfriend is buying me the Starlord one for Christmas, despite my objections. Also Tom Cruise's from Top Gun is one I need to get my hands on.
>>
>>62990936
Please be bait.

Even the quilted bomber jacket from Drive would be more respectable.
>>
File: 13137264922.jpg (68 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
13137264922.jpg
68 KB, 500x490
>>62991204
WHY. You're not even getting jackets from good movies.
Ashes and Diamonds, Badlands, anything but Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>62991204
>no Road Warrior leather jacket
Your collection is shit.
>>
>>62991401
By wearing the jacket, I am not making a statement that I enjoyed the film in which it appeared. I am just showing that I like the jacket.

>>62991449
I've considered it. You can't really wear it in public, though - it's missing a sleeve.
>>
>>62990936
i like starlords jacket but im fat so nothing looks good on me
>>
File: me halloween 1.jpg (40 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
me halloween 1.jpg
40 KB, 534x401
I wore the jacket from Drive for Halloween this year. I got a TON of compliments from people saying that I looked just like the driver. Not pictured is my hammer and toothpicks.
>>
>>62991204
>I collect jackets
>I have a girlfriend
>I post on /tv/

Something doesn't add up
>>
File: 515-DC0wK-L._SX342_.jpg (21 KB, 342x358) Image search: [Google]
515-DC0wK-L._SX342_.jpg
21 KB, 342x358
>>62990936
I bought pic related.
>>
>>62990936
Bane's coat

Not a replica, but looks exactly the same in every way.
>>
>>62991473
Wearing a Star Trek jacket makes many statements which are out of your hands.
>>
>>62991517
cwc?
>>
>>62990936
Might be because the original looks like shit too OP
>>
>>62991572
It's not like I'm wearing the Starfleet badge - the only people who know what it is I'm wearing love it.
It's subtle enough that it goes over the heads of most. It's just a red jacket with black shoulders.
>>
>>62991589
uh no. Chris Chan is fat and had legitimate autism.
>>
>>62991562
That coat is super comfy
>>
>>62991629
Everybody knows what it is. Only the small number of people who aren't embarrassed for you love it.
>>
>>62990936
I have this jacket but I only wear it for costume purposes
>>
>>62991517
Quentin pls go
>>
I bought a replica back to the future jacket once that turned out looking nothing like how it was advertised. Still a comfortable jacket though.
>>
>>62990936
there are two reasons you absolutely won't look even acceptable wearing clothes from a show or movie

(1) your body is shit
(2) the clothing is off-the-rack and not customized to your body

IF your chest extends farther out than your gut, and IF you take the shirt/jacket to a tailor to have it fitted to your body, then and only then do you have a chance of not looking like a fucking idiot
>>
>>62990936
I feel like the only way in hell I would buy and wear something like this is if I rode a rice rocket and was going to a rally or something where I wouldn't be the only person with some odd accessory. Like this would actually help you fit in.
>>
>>62990977
Superman
>>
>>62990936
unless you have a genuine fit body going on I would not recommend buying this. no hate op, just be aware of your limitations.
>>
I have a replica 11th Doctor jacket, and Jake Gyllenhaal's leather jacket from Nightcrawler.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.