[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why I fucking hate AKA Jessica Jones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: alias-jessica-jones.jpg (76 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
alias-jessica-jones.jpg
76 KB, 600x400
1. It reduces a complex, interesting character with a variety of flaws into simply being a victim of the Purple Man. While Alias spent most of its time showing us Jessica's adventures without introducing us to Kilgrave, the show puts him front and center, and never goes more than 5 minutes without reminding us about him, what he did to her, and how obvious this whole situation is as a metaphor for rape trauma.

2. They fucked up Luke Cage. He's just a random black guy who owns a bar and maybe has powers in the show, rather than being a moderately famous vigilante who lives his life without a mask because he gives zero fucks. That massively changes who he is as a character, and how he works as a foil for Jessica's neuroses and desire to stay under the radar. They basically fucked up the chemistry for her primary (probably only, since MCU Scott Lang isn't likely to show up here) love interest.

3. They fucked up her best friend. If they couldn't get permission to use Carol Danvers (which is already stupid; she ought to be in this show), they could at least have used Spider-Woman, or maybe gotten Black Widow to cameo. Again, the contrast between Jessica, who slums it as a private eye because she wants obscurity, and her best friend, who is one of the leading members of the Avengers, is a big part of the character arc.

4. They made Kilgrave too important. He basically defines Jessica Jones now (how this show is getting kudos for its treatment of victimization is beyond me; it's a textbook example of what's wrong with how Hollywood writers treat sexual assault survivor stories). In Alias, and later The Pulse, Jessica had a rich tableau of people she knew, people she crossed, etc. She dealt with all kinds of scumbags, helped all sorts of people, and had a life. For the purposes of this show, she's just a victim of the Purple Man who now has to stop him while also being terrified of him.

It's a total lobotomy of the character, and kind of a shitty show.
>>
>>62990854
Fuck off back to reddit, faggot.
>>
File: 1447170433691.gif (4 MB, 360x197) Image search: [Google]
1447170433691.gif
4 MB, 360x197
Autism, the post.
>>
>>62990854
Bendis' comic was shit. The changes the show made were necessary to make something halfway watchable.
>>
Never change, faggots.
>>
>>62990854
I agree 100%
>>
>>62990868
>Reddit
>Reddit doesn't like capeshit

Wtf lmao.
>>
>>62990937
Threads have a poster count. We can see that's you OP.
>>
>>62990868

You first?
>>
File: 1434235533860.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1434235533860.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>62990854
>all these words about stupid shit

Fuck you back to reddit lol.
>>
>>62990882

>used more than three words, must be autistic, hurr durr

Go back to watching shit-tier cop shows on CBS, pleb.
>>
>>62990854
Did you really write out all this about capeshit. What a afaggot you are get off /tv/.
>>
>>62990854
>a long well thought out criticism of Jessica Jones from a fan who clearly understand the source material
>no instance of the word nigger, cu ck or young bucks

Yea you only have yourself to blame here.
>>
na

the real issues with the show are the sjw stuff, sex scenes and every scene where jessica uses violence

every other scene is pretty good though, it's just that it's all brought down by the STRONK WOMEN and DUDE SEX SCENES LMAO stuff
>>
File: sadfaceemoji.png (22 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
sadfaceemoji.png
22 KB, 300x100
>check Google as this seems like pasta
>mfw it's not
>>
>>62990854
Kilgrave is great though

It's like doctor who but evil.

it's wonderful
>>
>>62990854
Here i'll translate your rant into /tv/

>Jessica Jones sucks because she fucks niggers in it and black characters are not shown as incompetent and there are gay characters too who aren't oppressed and this upsets me because.....because
>>
>>62991238
(even though her neighbour is shown as a typical layabout nigger)
>>
>>62991238

> 2012 + 3
> Pretending to be retarded

LEL SHITPOST MAYMAY
>>
What the shit happened to my post?
>>
>>62990854
I agree too.

It's simply a bastardization to sell a narrative.Disagree and you're a misogynist.
>>
>>62990854
agreed
>>
>>62991272
>CURRENT YEAR MEME
>>
Its all a different universe, get over it

1. Starting a new installment in a new universe by focusing on the main villain isn't that bad. She had PTSD in the comics and alias was a pile of ass.

2. You're right Luke Cage is cooler than this, but I'm assuming he's eventually going to start doing cool shit elsewhere somehow, new universe/plot order and all

3. No spiderman=no spiderwoman, plus they aren't relating it at all to the avengers so throwing that in there would either be a massive cocktease or they would have to spend half the series introducing other minor backstories that don't matter.

4. Kilgrave is the main villain of JJ comics, and is being used to kickstart the hero story without ridiculous exposition

Mildly valid complaints dad, but all make sense
>>
>>62990854
It's not diverse enough for my liking chapos
>>
is there some kind of trope where a strong woman has to have a black boyfriend/sidekick?
>>
>>62990854
I agree with all points, and it's why I won't be watching anymore of it.
>>
>>62990854
This is the most retarded complaint I have heard of this show yet
>>
>>62990854
I get they wanted Kilgrave to be the central villain of the season but they didn't to make every episode about him and how he fucked up Jessica for life.
>>
>>62990854
>all of a sudden people care about Bendis' drunk whore that he used to express his kike BBC fetish
>>
>>62991763
This, unless they reduced her role to an agent of SHIELD it would be retarded for people to say in the tv show. "Oh btw, remember how you're friends with the Avengers? Never mind that none of the movies even mention your existence."
>>
>/tv/ is this shitty

One of the few well written and elaborate posts on this pathetic excuse of a board, and you people fucking snap. This is sad as fuck.

All of his criticisms are valid. This isn't autism at all. How did some of you get through HS? How were any of you able to write a fucking paper, where you have to present a thesis and defend it against valid criticisms?

Do you guys read articles or opinion pieces online and just think, "LOL AUTISM" when someone discusses a topic that has nothing to do with cu ckoldry or bane? Get a fucking grip.
>>
I realize now that Jessica doesn't even have a personality, she's basically a rape victim and the show is her fantasy of getting revenge
>>
File: 1345684448448.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1345684448448.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>62990854
>>
>>62993796
Hey retard, consider this. They don't have enough fucking time to cram dozens of Jessica Jones stories to let the audience know that she's the special snowflake who went to high school with Peter Parker and somehow got into the goddamn Avengers but left because comic reasons.

They're starting at a point where normies who don't read comics about C-list heroes can connect with this skank. One villain, one fucking story.
>>
File: butthurt.png (118 KB, 1864x236) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.png
118 KB, 1864x236
>>62990854
I agree with all of your points however I disagree that it makes everything a "lobotomy" or "shitty" its still pretty good.
>>
>>62993796
OP don't be mad nobody agrees with your retardation.
>>
>>62994030
That's not the point, idiot. Discuss these points with him in detail. Debate, converse, fucking elucidate your own points.

You guys are no better than the fucking Towson debate team.
>>
>>62994030
I think its clear the criticism isn't that the exact stories aren't present but that essential elements were missing. In the same period of time they could have been included and it wouldn't have been significantly harder to understand or more weird.
>>
>>62994183
>Waah 4chan isn't like my faggot debate club
>>
>>62994342
Only a sith deals in absolutes
>>
>>62990868
Why dont you fuck off back to reddit?

OP clearly offered worthwhile analysis even if its amateurish, which all internet discussion is. You offer nothing so its you who should fuck off back to upboat land.
>>
>>62990937
>>62990959
I dunno if that is accurate but I completely agree with OP that show is garbage.
>>
>>62994473
Actually Reddit is more like discussions, even if the system encourages a hivemind. 4chan culture on the other hand discourages posts like OP and encourages memes and whatnot. It wont change.
>>
>>62991763
>Starting a new installment in a new universe by focusing on the main villain isn't that bad.

True, there's nothing bad about having a long term villain as such but spending an entire season on Kilgrave repeatedly getting caught only to escape at the last minute and the show bending itself backwards to not to kill him until the last five minutes made it tedious. They could have easily delayed Kilgrave's intro one or two episodes instead of making the entire focus of the show be him. As entertaining as Tenant was, by episode ten I was sick and fucking tired of his scenes.

>but I'm assuming he's eventually going to start doing cool shit elsewhere somehow, new universe/plot order and all

That does not excuse shitty execution here.

>Kilgrave is the main villain of JJ comics, and is being used to kickstart the hero story without ridiculous exposition

And Alias made it work better because you first got to know Jessica and saw her working and only THEN did Purple Man start to become the giant focus of the book. Here he's there from the very beginning and everything revolves solely on him. Even when you had that woman trying to murder Jessica for having powers, from Jessica's POV it was just Kilgrave, Kilgrave, Kilgrave until she realized he wasn't involved and then resolved the entire thing in two minutes.
>>
File: 1377745836323.gif (12 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1377745836323.gif
12 KB, 250x242
Ayyy I was looking for a thread about JJ.

Is anyone else really annoyed by every single character besides the black guy and kilgrave? I mean I know Jones is supposed to be this flawed scarred woman but she just comes off as this really whiny, manipulative, selfish bitch.
>>
>>62994998
I told my buddy just last night that the real reason to watch the show is Luke Cage and the Purple Man.

But the whole time between finishing DD and JJ's release I was only excited by seeing Krysten. Even read the first 15 or so issues of Alias, just knew she was gonna be awesome. No, she's a cunt who only uses super strength to break padlocks. Fucking boring.
>>
>>62990854
Don't care about the show but I'm hot going to watch it because of this.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.