[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your precious kids movies are retarded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Luketauntaun.jpg (176 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Luketauntaun.jpg
176 KB, 1600x1200
and I'll explain why

>Base Officer: Your Tauntaun will freeze before you reach the first marker!

Why the fuck would a creature adapted to the native environment freeze to death in a short amount of time? Polar bears don't freeze to death
>>
>>62989659
Weren't the star war movies originally made to sell toys? Or was the massive selling of star war toys the reason it's so popular?
>>
>>62989659
There was a storm on Hoth. It got colder than normal. Luke killed it.
>>
>>62989659
It was a blizzard. Also if you are trapped in the snow, one survival tactic is to dig a small cave to keep you insulated. That's why the snowman was chilling in a cave.
>>
>>62989821
That still goes against anything regarding natural selection and Darwinism
>>
>>62989659

https://youtu.be/DfiP915CfiM
>>
>>62989853
Not really you're just retarded. Many species of snake and lizard chill between rocks to keep cool. They are adapted to desert life but they don't stay out and burn up all day long
>>
>>62989853
darwin wasn't born yet tbf
>>
>>62989659
the fact that you freaking out over a fictional animal in a fictional movie shows much of a moron you are but even fucking polar bears take shelter in caves they find or dig out from snow storms because they will freeze to death.
>>
>>62989659
What makes you think Tauntauns are native to Hoth?
>>
>>62989659
>Human tribes live in the arctic
>they have adapted literally over centuries to the environment
>be surprised when every once in while one fucks up and freezes to death
>>
>>62989659
Tauntauns live in nests underground.
Polar bears don't.
>>
Tauntauns possessed numerous evolutionary adaptations to the bitter, cold environments of Hoth. Those adaptations included wide feet for running across icy surfaces, swiveling ears, thick blubber, chambered lungs, two pairs of nostrils, and a digestive system that excreted wastes as oils through skin pores, producing a distinctive odor.. Their four nostrils served to warm inhaled air. Their larger pair were used to bring oxygen into the blood stream during physical exertion. When lying down to sleep, the larger pair sealed to keep snow out, and the second pair took over. A well-muscled tail extended a meter from their bodies to help maintain balance. They had clawed feet and hands to gain purchase on the ice. Their feet were also tridactyl, with splayed toes to act as natural snowshoes. The most important feature of tauntaun physiology was their unique blood mixture that was resistant to the tundra winds and kept their organs from freezing.[2]
Despite these adaptations, tauntauns sought shelter at night to avoid the extreme nighttime temperatures of Hoth. When shelter was unavailable, they used their evolved ability to hibernate during low nighttime temperatures, maintaining a lukewarm internal temperature. Some tauntaun breeds actually froze to death if awakened after sundown.
>>
>>62989659
OP questions why a Tauntaun freezes to death, not why a technologically advanced military organization even bothers to use animal mounts instead of fucking arctic land and or air speeders
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 423x485) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 423x485
>>62989659
Star Wars may be retarded but it's a fucking magnitude of infinity more well thought out than your shit thread, you historically tragic faggot.
>>
>>62989659

>the entire franchise is retarded because there's one slight detail about biology which doesn't match except it does but you were too stupid to think about it

I don't even like Star Wars and you're an idiot.

This thread is bait.
>>
>>62989853
It's not uncommon for wild animals to freeze to death in the real world, so I don't know why you have a problem with a tauntaun freezing.
>>
File: nerd.jpg (11 KB, 260x340) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
11 KB, 260x340
>>62989659
>"Its not a polar bear!"
>>
>>62989659
It was night. Maybe they have to burrow or take shelter or something.
>>
>>62990043
>smug reaction image
>phone poster
>concedes OP's point
>yet makes fun of him with sayings like "historically tragic"
You are a weird person, and I'm not even OP
>>
>>62989957
>Tauntauns live in nests underground.
Show me where in the canon this is illustrated/written/shown
>>
>>62990030
Except they explained they were still adapting their speeders to the cold.
>>
>>62990030
>why a technologically advanced military organization even bothers to use animal mounts instead of fucking arctic land and or air speeders
Even the US military uses horses and pack mules you retard
>>
File: 1416769318261.gif (2 MB, 240x220) Image search: [Google]
1416769318261.gif
2 MB, 240x220
I can't imagine the level of autism required to either a) just post this incredibly inane detail randomly out of thin air because it popped into your head or b) post this after/as you are watching the movie, all while thinking it's hilarious bait.

And I say this as someone currently posting on /tv/ - Television & Film.
>>
>>62989853
>That still goes against anything regarding natural selection and Darwinism

Um, people didn't ride tauntauns into hoth storms for millions of years. Their environmental pressures include caves for shelter.
>>
>>62990857
YOU UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF VIRGINITY
>>
>>62990081
>This thread is bait.
Woah. Check out this genius.
>>
File: 1407342217898.png (144 KB, 603x376) Image search: [Google]
1407342217898.png
144 KB, 603x376
>>62990857
>>
>>62989853
BTFO faggot. You don't understand how evolution works.

You can't drop infinity animals into a lava pit and expect something to evolve to resist molten magma. you dummy
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.