[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Star Wars be considered a cyber punk flick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Should Star Wars be considered a cyber punk flick?
>>
>>62988617

wow you made ANOTHER thread dedicated to some other nonsense tangentially related to Star wars
>>
>>62988617
what was that guy's name again?
>>
>>62988661
Death sticks.
>>
>>62988661
Allan Douchebaggy
>>
No, but if Hollywood ever does cyberpunk (Blade Runner isn't cyberpunk) this scene is how I want to look.

Sprawl trilogy or Shadowrun movie could be GOAT with the right director. But we'll have to settle with The Matrix and a couple of anime movies for now.
>>
>>62988661
sleazy jizzbango or something like that
>>
>>62988712
>Blade Runner isn't cyberpunk
Why?
>>
>>62988661
Darth Icky
>>
>>62988661
Obi Wan Cannoli.
>>
>>62988752
Not cyber, not punk.

I might be biased because I read the novel first. It's just about a detective that fights androids in the future. There is a big company, but it's not quite the punks-versus-megacorporations theme that usually makes up cyberpunk stories.

The film has a very stylistic look that was definitely borrowed from stories like Neuromancer and that cyberpunk has lifted from since, but the film itself doesn't seem like cyberpunk to me.
>>
>>62988831
What movies are then?

What about games? Is FF7?
>>
>>62988864
The Matrix. I've never played FF7.
>>
>>62988904
Who gave you the right to judge if something is cyberpunk or not? Do you have phd in cyberpunkening?
>>
>>62988954
My uncle works for Megacorp Incorporation. He has to deal with cyberpunks all the time.
>>
>>62988617
i wish this meme would die

>is star wars considered __________?

why star wars considered in such high regard is the real question
>>
>>62989524
this right here
>>
>>62989524
>>62989892
Because its cool.
>ughh its not deep and well paced etc
Who gives a shit. Lightsabers, aliums, spaceships.

Also sound doesn't propegate in the vacuum of space and you're not the kind of shit to enjoy fuck anything with
>>
>>62989996
>Also sound doesn't propegate in the vacuum of space and you're not the kind of shit to enjoy fuck anything with

>you're not the kind of shit to enjoy fuck anything with

>because its cool

this one is fucking retarded which is no surprise because he enjoys STAWAHRZ
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.