[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Jonah Ray, Felicia Day, Hampton Yount and Baron Vaughn I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: zxcv.jpg (135 KB, 626x270) Image search: [Google]
zxcv.jpg
135 KB, 626x270
>Jonah Ray, Felicia Day, Hampton Yount and Baron Vaughn
I don't know who these people are.
>>
use google then.
>>
>>62984836
>Felicia Day
FUCK YOU JOEL! I'm now a mikefag.
>>
If Patton Oswalt is the Frank will that make it better?
>>
How about getting actual comedic writers instead?

The only e-celeb who could pull it off is Spoony 5 years ago.

Get some actual talent, not nerdist rejects.
>>
>>62985299
it will at least make it funnier
>>
>I joke about Jonah/NewMad shipping
>in her first appearance Kinga starts making passes at Jonah
Oh boy.
>>
>>62984836
I would assume, leaning on the previous version of the show, that Day will help with writing.

Adding to that her terrible acting, even compared to Joel's, my interest is gone. She's awful.
>>
So, uh... Servo can fly now instead of just hovering a couple of centimeters off the ground.

That's...cool?
>>
I'm cautiously optimistic. The performances in the new video weren't awful, but they weren't exactly brilliant either.

I'm just glad they're doing these Kickstarter videos first, because they're already improving over time. Dude who voices Servo said he had some changes in mind after watching the Kickstarter video, which is one of my main issues.
>>
File: 1433271345156.jpg (130 KB, 668x594) Image search: [Google]
1433271345156.jpg
130 KB, 668x594
>>62984836
>>
File: 1438245501337.jpg (22 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
1438245501337.jpg
22 KB, 300x350
Felicia "I only know how to act cute and quirky" Day makes me want to stick a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.

Glad I didn't kickstart this pile of shit. I'd be real mad.
>>
>>62989946
>Felicia "I only know how to act cute and quirky" Day makes me want to stick a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.
Hey don't let us stop you, anon!
>>
>>62989507
The writing is garbage.

Which is the only thing that matters. No hope...
>>
File: 1447774553614.jpg (51 KB, 659x911) Image search: [Google]
1447774553614.jpg
51 KB, 659x911
IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
I hate Felicia Day but its not like any of the villains could act in the original anyway
>>
>>62989827
Uhhhhhhhh.. She's looking 40 now. Looks like her age caught up to her.
>>
It really doesn't matter if you know who they are. All that matters is if they're funny on the show.

Ray can hang from what I've heard of him, but I'm not sure how well Day can actually handle this type of humor. Never heard her do normal comedy work.
>>
>>62991062
Felicia Day involvement kills any expectation I have.
Everything she's involved in is made worse by her.
I think Joel was just looking for a big name to attach.
>>
>>62991118
I've never heard her do anything funny that sounds "natural and spontaneous", and not absolutely scripted. Obviously MST was mostly scripted, but you need to be able to sell the "I'm talking off the cuff" that normal comedians can do.

I like Weird Al, but he didn't do that well doing this either.
>>
>>62990024
Lol, the video they just released goes on about how they're potentially hiring the original writers. Not to mention they'll have a full production time to write the scripts and rehearse. Not worried yet.
>>
File: 1448305575082.png (562 KB, 740x2558) Image search: [Google]
1448305575082.png
562 KB, 740x2558
In Joel we trust
>>
>>62991407
>geek Mary Richards
I dunno. Can she turn the world on with her smile? Or take a nothing day and suddenly make it seem worthwhile? Personally I'm doubtful.
>>
Why not just use different text-to-speech voices from a script? It'll be way better, and it doesn't have a camel or a faggot.
>>
Yes. Felicia Day is a bad choice, but could her character be any worse than Pearl Forrester? That would be quite the achievement.
>>
>>62991590
Mary Jo (Pearl) was actually talented and funny.
>>
>>62991619
Come on dude, she (and everyone) were victims of bad writing or bad performances more than once. A lot of those hosting segments would be pretty hard to sit through if I didn't love the show so much. If that makes sense.

Honestly some were so bad that if you showed a non-fan they would be shaking their heads and bailing before the riffing even started.
>>
File: Etna.jpg (505 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Etna.jpg
505 KB, 1200x1600
>>62991590
Pearl was lovably hateable.

I don't know about Felicia, but an abusive, batshit insane redhead villainess is always a winner in my book.
>>
>>62991701
Host segments are pretty bad across the board, and if Rifftrax proved anything it's that you don't need them.
>>
While Servo still needs work and some of the actors are still trying to find their role I thought the video wasn't too bad.

The very ending stuff Jonah saying "I'm more of a biscuits and gravy guy" made me laugh, and is a pretty "MST3K-y" joke. I thought he seemed seemed to the best out of the bunch.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.