[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Michael Biehn on Neil Blomkamp's Alien movie: >The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 259x195
Michael Biehn on Neil Blomkamp's Alien movie:

>The basic idea is acting like Alien 3 and 4 never existed.

>They’re planning on bringing me and Newt back and at this point Newt will be around twenty-seven years old. I know that every actress in Hollywood is going to want to play this one, it’s really a passing of the torch between Sigourney and this younger actress who would play Newt.

Thank god this shit is never going to happen. I'm so sick of fanboy directors pulling this

>lel the movies I think are bad never happened!!!!

http://www.slashfilm.com/neill-blomkamp-aliens-sequel/#more-326411

recton bullshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 358x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 358x443
>>62984782
>implying that Blomkamp is still on the project.
>>
>the movies that ARE bad

Ftfy
>>
>>62984782
Part of the reason alien 3 and 4 sucked is because it continued a story that was already concluded. We didn't need to see what happened to Ripley after Aliens. Bringing back a 60 year old Sigourney and an old Michael Biehn isn't much better than the clone bullshit.

All you need for an Alien movie is a xenomorph, space, and a strong female protagonist. That's it, really.
>>
>Neil Blomkamp

aaand dropped
>>
>>62984782
That's good though, anon.
>>
>>62984782
After the last movie turned into ,blacked in space,I'm done with this franchise they can do whatever they want and count me out.
>>
>>62984851
I love the whole Alien series and you can say the exact same thing about Aliens. Alien itself "concluded" the story perfectly.
>>
I just hope Space Axe makes an appearance.
>>
File: 1433701788151.gif (517 KB, 147x162) Image search: [Google]
1433701788151.gif
517 KB, 147x162
>>62984851
if every strong male movie is getting remade with womeyn, does that mean that this is gonna get remade with a male lead? hmmmmmm checkmate atheists
>>
I actually liked Alien 3. It had a distinct vibe going on. Resurrection and Prometheus were both absolute shlock though.

And I have zero confidence in either this project or Prometheus 2 (or Alien: Paradise Lost, or Alien: Covenant, or whatever the hell it's called this week). Ridley Scott jumped the shark a few films ago, and each one of of Blomkamp's movies has been exponentially worse than the last one, to the point where we've gone from really quite good (District 9) to irredeemable disaster (Chappie).
>>
not moe enough
>>
>>62984782
FUCK YOU, UNTALENTED LITTLE BITCH, THATS A FUCKING GREAT, U TASTELESS BITCH!!!!
>>
I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD, ILL BASH THE FUCKER THAT CANCELLED THIS MASTERPEICE, PLZ SAY THIS ISNT CANCELLED????
>>
>>62984851
>All you need for an Alien movie is a xenomorph, space, and a strong female protagonist. That's it, really.

Uh...no.

Ripley was a supporting character in both Alien, and Aliens, which is why they were actually good movies.

In Alien, Dallas, Ash, and Parker all provided more life to the story than Ripley ever did, and she was just lucky to be the lone survivor. The film would have been pretty much the same with, or without, Ripley.

In Aliens, the Marines were the star of the show, and the movie would have been just as good, if not better, without Ripley. Matter of fact, you could argue that the meme "Ripley vs. the queen" ending was actually pretty cringy.

The follow on films were so bad because they tried to have Ripley shoulder more of the load, and the character just couldn't do it, as it is far best suited to a supporting role, rather than a lead, as is Sigourney Weaver.
>>
How fucking contrarian do you have to be to think Alien 3 is anything other than pure shit?
>>
>believing things that happen in fictional movies is "real"

fucking autism
>>
>>62985318
Parker didn't provide shit except bitching about his own pay and trying too hard to be manly to the point of being nearly suicidal. Ripley got shit done and is the one who had her head on the most straight all along, you know, like when she was the only one that had the good sense to not let them back in before decontamination.

As for Aliens, the marines were never the stars of the show and that's all kinds of stupid.
>>
>>62985318
You completely missed the point of both of those films, especially Aliens.
Do you really think Ripley isn't the main character in the second one? By the last two thirds of the movie, everyone is following her orders and few scenes take place that she's not in.
>>
>>62984782

>Blomkamp toyed with the idea that after Ripley witnesses Alien's death, he puts his head on, proclaims “Now I am A L I E N” and morphs into him.
>>
>>62985463
Parker added comic relief, intensity, and aggression to Alien. Ripley added......nothing, except another whiny chick.

>>62985466

Hicks, Hudson, and Apone were the stars of Aliens, not Ripley, and the fact that any military dudes would listen to the opinion of Ripley for anything other than intel on the xeno's was just dumb.

Her character was a total meme character that cringed up the ending of that film.
>>
They should go on with the comics. I remember Newt being alive there
>>
>>62986354
>muh Expanded Universe
>>
>>62985762

>Hicks, Hudson, and Apone were the stars of Aliens, not Ripley

Sounds like you need to head back to /r9k/
>>
File: winnie is confused.png (102 KB, 403x293) Image search: [Google]
winnie is confused.png
102 KB, 403x293
>>62985762
Da fuck am i reading?
>>
I feel fucking bummed for Biehn. Dude deserved another shot
>>
They never should have made any sequels, Aliens is garbage.
>>
File: Terminator-Genisys-6.png (2 MB, 1460x1266) Image search: [Google]
Terminator-Genisys-6.png
2 MB, 1460x1266
>>62984851

>All you need for a Terminator movie is a Terminator, time travel, and a strong female protagonist. That's it, really.
>>
>>62985762
I was with you until you said "meme character"
>>
>>62984782
>The basic idea is acting
>>
>>62985318
>the Marines were the star of the show
you're a fucking idiot
>>
File: 1425259400303.gif (1 MB, 269x151) Image search: [Google]
1425259400303.gif
1 MB, 269x151
Obligatory.
>>
>>62985416
>How fucking contrarian do you have to be to think Alien 3 is anything other than pure shit?

It's not great, but acting like it's "pure shit", probably because you think it's a travesty that Newt and Hicks die in the very beginning, is a fucking meme-tier opinion.
>>
>>62988981
wut
>>
>>62984851
> a strong female protagonist
Why? At that point you're just trying to remake Aliens.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.