[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND AND IZOMBIE GET ADDITIONAL EPISODES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
File: crazy-ex-gf-prelim-logo.jpg (31 KB, 600x303) Image search: [Google]
crazy-ex-gf-prelim-logo.jpg
31 KB, 600x303
YOU NEED TO READ
Bart & Fleming
How Sony hack changed Hollywood; depress fest cinema; how bad is it for women in film? what about the choices people make on their movies and the consequences?
FILM
‘The Big Short’ Trailer: “You Think This Is A Game?”
the big short
By Erik Pedersen 5 mins ago

“Banks have conditioned us to trust them.” That key line opens the new trailer for The Big Short, the late addition to the awards-season fray from director Adam McKay. Seconds later, the voice-over tells us, “When the banks committed the greatest fraud in U.S. history, four outsiders risked it all to take them down.” The characters might be “outsiders,” but the lead actors certainly aren’t: Christian Bale, Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling and Brad Pitt — all Oscar winners or… READ

BREAKINGBOX OFFICE
Crowd-Pleasing ‘Motown The Musical’ Plots Summer ’16 Broadway Return
photo-4-th
By Jeremy Gerard 5 mins ago

Making good on a promise that seemed unlikely at the time, the producers of the Berry Gordy biotuner Motown The Musical said Monday that the musical will return to Broadway next summer for an 18-week run that will begin in July at the Nederlander Theatre. A surprise hit of the 2013-2014 season, the show ran at the Nederlander-owned Lunt-Fontanne Theatre and closed on January 18, 2015 after 775 performances. At the time, producers Kevin McCollum, Doug Morris and Gordy… READ

TV
CW’s ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ & ‘iZombie’ Get Additional Episodes
The CW
By Denise Petski 17 mins ago

Neither has gotten a full-season order, but The CW has picked up five additional episodes of freshman comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, bringing the total to 18 episodes for its first season. The network also has ordered six additional episodes of Rob Thomas' zom-dram-rom-com iZombie, for a total of 19 episodes in its second season

http://deadline.com/2015/11/crazy-ex-girlfriend-izombie-additional-episode-orders-1201635872/

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
Well, I fucked this thread up

CW’s ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ & ‘iZombie’ Get Additional Episodes
The CW
By Denise Petski 17 mins ago

Neither has gotten a full-season order, but The CW has picked up five additional episodes of freshman comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, bringing the total to 18 episodes for its first season. The network also has ordered six additional episodes of Rob Thomas' zom-dram-rom-com iZombie, for a total of 19 episodes in its second season
>>
extra orders are for series finales for cancelled shows
>>
>>62981792
Nope.
>>
File: fu.webm (251 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
fu.webm
251 KB, 854x480
>>62981792
>>
File: crazyxgf-reaction-shot.webm (986 KB, 652x365) Image search: [Google]
crazyxgf-reaction-shot.webm
986 KB, 652x365
>mrw
>>
What kind of thread you want?
>>
Is this the dawn of a new age of televised entertainment?
>>
>>62981792
iZombie has awful ratings, I dont even know how it got a second season.
>>
File: undead.jpg (153 KB, 1000x833) Image search: [Google]
undead.jpg
153 KB, 1000x833
yeah, more iWaifu
>>
>>62985355

> she will NEVER eat your brains
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)
>>
File: well done - izombie.webm (1 MB, 710x720) Image search: [Google]
well done - izombie.webm
1 MB, 710x720
>>62985334
>>
File: cw.jpg (39 KB, 390x253) Image search: [Google]
cw.jpg
39 KB, 390x253
>>62985334
That's an outright lie.

>>62981756
>>62981737
Neilsen ratings really ain't what they used to be. In the last year I've seen Galavant get renewed in spite of abysmal ratings, Hannibal make it to season 3 in spite of season 1 being THE lowest rated thing on the network, and Fox going all-in on supporting Scream Queens based solely on it's massive DVR and social media numbers because no one is watching it live.

I'd say in all honesty that this news takes CEG from a 100% chance of being canceled to about a 95% chance :/
>>
>>62986724
>I'd say in all honesty that this news takes CEG from a 100% chance of being canceled to about a 95% chance :/

It means The CW doesn't want to cancel it.

I mean, they probably will barring a miracle, but they won't be happy about it.
>>
File: Roger_Sterling.jpg (60 KB, 230x306) Image search: [Google]
Roger_Sterling.jpg
60 KB, 230x306
While I do not personally like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, I believe it shows a good understanding of what most people like.

Put that shit on Netflix and wait a summer, and the ratings will double if not triple.
>>
>>62981792
That's definitely the case for GEG, they just have nothing to replace it and don't want to push JtV which their only award-winning show under the train. At least it can get a proper ending, it always seemed like a season-long cult-ish show anyway.

Izombie will be fine, i don't think any other shows outside of maybe Arrow and LoT would do well after Flash, but superhero shows get good ratings on their own, no reason to move them together.
>>
>>62986836
...people like to watch mentally ill people make horrible decisions encouraged by other mentally ill people?
>>
>>62986841
Yeah, because Crazy Ex-Girlfriend gets ratings good enough to support JtV in any way. They could slot Whose Line repeats there and it would be a better lead-in.

No, this is a network that likes the show and doesn't want to kill it.

iZombie does horribly after The Flash, miserable sub-50% retention. It's a matter of time until it gets moved.
>>
>>62986882
I mean, I know you're being facetious, but that's pretty much what reality television is and why it's popular
>>
>>62986932
People watch reality TV to laugh at people, not empathise with them. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is such a fucking weird show, albeit one that screams "CULT HIT" from every fucking orifice

Then again, if Seinfeld was a hit...
>>
Crazy-Ex Girlfriend anon, I just wanted to share a really similar CW experience with you.

I'm the only person in the world who watched The Messengers. It was a ratings disaster and CW canceled it after only three episodes aired, but miraculously (lol) it had an ending on it and a very satisfying and conclusive one at that. I got anxious as the end of the 13th episode drew ever nearer, and then what do you know, they actually had a final battle and saved the friggin' world.

I'm also kinda glad not many people watched it because it had one of the most dramatic, what the fuck, turn the entire series dynamic on it's head with no foreshadowing whatsoever plot twists in the 8th or 9th episode and if the show was actually popular I know that would have been spoiled everywhere.

I hope more showrunners are reasonable enough to not end their low-rated series on "TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO SEE HOW THIS CRISIS IS RESOLVED LOL J/K"
>>
>>62987332
lol, the messengers, the show The CW liked so much that it aired on Friday in the summer
>>
/tv/ discussing TV ratings always makes me laugh. I have no idea how people on a board dedicated to TV can be so inept when it comes to the economics behind it.
>>
>>62987692
Which posts are you talking about?

(fwiw, I know a ton about TV ratings)
>>
File: CZX-5more-main-2015.jpg (202 KB, 767x332) Image search: [Google]
CZX-5more-main-2015.jpg
202 KB, 767x332
>>
>>62988020

>still no audience!
>>
>>62988058
...it's literally made just for me and it's wonderful
>>
>>62981756
>Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas? lead singer of Matchbox 20?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.