[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: latest[3].jpg (614 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].jpg
614 KB, 1920x1080
This show any good?
>>
1 & 2 are okay
Couldn't finish the third it was too shitty
Don't know about the rest tho
>>
Season 1 is pretty good
Season 2 is really good AND fun on a bun
Season 3 is some of the most horrible television ever filmed (think one of those stupid magical girl shows from anime)
Season 4 is okay, but the message is a bit stupid.
Season 5 started out strong but is now pissing me off with how Lady Gaga is literally portrayed as "the most beautiful ruthless woman who is also the queen of sex and can literally kill anyone at any time and has literally no flaws"

Take that as you will.
>>
first series was funny as fuck
>>
you guys are weird, I could only get through 1 and 3. 4 was alright but nothing happened so I dropped it.
>>
What is this? I vaguely remember it
>>
>>62980797

Lady Gaga's character bugs the hell out of me. Like you said, she's completely perfect, it reeks of writers having to meet the demands of a diva
>>
>>62980640
no
>>
That alien-probed french girl was pretty cute, I was sad when she got the axe.
>>
>>62981098
I miss Jessica Lange. Like, she bugged the hell out of me sometimes, but she had her flaws and she knew them well.
>>
lol why did he shoot up the school again? did they ever explain it or were they just like ya he's crazy. also why is dylan mcdermott such a shit actor
>>
Season 2>Season 1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a pile of shit>>>>>>season 4 I guess, didn't finish it, but still better than>>>>>>>>>>season 3

Haven't watched 5 and I'm not planning to, but I hear it isn't too good.
>>
1 & 3 were pretty good
>>
>>62981098
I think it's less Lady Gaga being a demanding diva and more Ryan Murphy being a giant 'mo who has Lady fucking Gaga on his show now, and no Jessica Lange this year to steal all of his attention.

Would have been a really interesting experiment in where Murphy's attention would have gone had they both been in this year.
>>
>>62981634
Coven was shitty but at least it was consistently hilarious as fuck. It was an entertaining trainwreck.

Freakshow was so fucking boring I stopped watching it partway through and only finished it last month. It may have been more consistent than Coven, but holy fuck. Being boring is a bigger mistake for AHS than being nonsensical but funny.

If I had to pick the one to watch again I'd pick the one that has more than one episode of Lily Rabe, wasted as Misty was.
>>
Season 1 and 2 are good.

3 is awful, 4 is terrible with only a single redeeming character, and 5 honestly hasn't done anything for me, and I also can't stand Lady Gagme.
>>
1=good fun
2=good fun
3=utter shit
4=good for a few episodes and then immediately shits itself
5=haven't bothered
>>
>>62981493
Do you not remember the scenes where he went to therapy and was like "I feel the urge to hurt people"
He was just a disturbed teen that is all
>>
>>62981493
Ben says he is a psychopath. Dunno if it's much of an explanation.
>>
Coven is better than freakshow and didn't deserve the hate it gets
>>
I love it, my only regret is not watching it sooner.

American Crime Story will be the TD S02 we deserve.
>>
>>62981453
Just started season 5, is she not in it? :(
>>
Season 1 was Great, it kinda made me feel like when I saw the first Shyamalan movies when I was a kid.

Season 2 was made me mad for a while but now I like it.

Season 3, Everyone seems to hate it even tho I found it quite entertaining. I guess I just like magic and witches. Comfy.

Season 4. I hated it, the story was shit and most characters were really annoying. The freaks really weren't that freaky besides 2 or 3 of them, rest were just a bald guy, a tall woman and a woman who should start shaving.

Season 5. It has been comfy this far, only one thing that bothers me.

Worth watching. If nothing else watch Season 1.
>>
>>62983369
Jessica Lange quit for season 5, which is when they brought on Lady Gaga as her "replacement" of sorts.

The show suffers a lot from it.
>>
>>62983440
Thats disappointing, atleast Sarah Paulson stuck around, shes really talented imo.
>>
>>62983369
>>62983440
She hasn't ruled out coming back, but she wanted a break. Honestly while I've missed her it's nice letting other actors breathe for a bit. I'm a couple episodes behind, but I'm amazed Murphy hasn't dragged Paulson to the forefront with Lange gone, but I suppose she's going to be in Crime Story and probably has more to do there.

Honestly Lily Rabe being a cameo only in the past two seasons has been more of a loss imo than Lange.
>>
every season i wish was season 1 again
>>
If can marathon them, season 2 was pretty good, season 1 was okay, I didn't like 3

watching an episode a week is pretty week because it doesn't progress very fast
>>
2>1>4>3(never saw any Hotel)
Evan Peters is based and pretty much carries the show
>>
>>62983475
Honestly Lily Rabe being a cameo only in the past two seasons has been more of a loss imo than Lange.

Yea that really threw me, her not being there.

>>62983667
Yea, Peters is great.
>>
>>62983667
Then you might like Hotel just for him, Murphy finally throws something different at him than 'tortured good(ish) guy who bangs Taissa Farmiga or Emma Roberts'. He's amazing in it.
>>
Asylum (minus the alien shit) > Murder House > Early Coven > Freakshow

I haven't seen Hotel yet so can't judge.
>>
File: ahsep.png (822 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ahsep.png
822 KB, 1600x900
Season 5 is the best season since 2 I dont know what the fuck you faggots are talking about. Lady Gaga isnt terrible in this. Finally AHS is back to being entertaining.

Season 2
Season 1
Season 5 (so far)
POWER GAP
Season 4 (Finn Wittrock was the only thing worthwhile)
Season 3 first half
Shit
Season 3 second half
>>
File: Trash.jpg (57 KB, 314x438) Image search: [Google]
Trash.jpg
57 KB, 314x438
>>62980797
>Season 2 is really good AND fun on a bun
>>
>>62983754
Isn't there some shitty vampire subplot?

Also does it take place in the present? I know they switch around each season.
>>
File: NfCdhuk.png (273 KB, 453x407) Image search: [Google]
NfCdhuk.png
273 KB, 453x407
>>62983746
>he didnt love nazi aliens

When it focused on Peters' character and that weird-ass finale sure, but goddamn that brief touch of crazy nazi doctor seeing aliens was so good.
>>
>>62983667
Watch Hotel its Evan Peters best character yet. Unless you only like him playing the usual "good, young boy" then you might hate it.
>>
>>62983783
Yes it takes place in the present. The vampire thing isn't a subplot and is basically the main focus. But then there's also serial killer ghosts for some reason.

Also holy shit the Mom is fucking retarded.
>>
Hotel has been fine so far.

Gaga isn't portrayed as "perfect", I don't know what show you're watching if you think that, especially after the last couple episodes.
>>
>>62983828
It felt like a Stephen King novel. When Pepper started speaking normally and instantly became trained in delivering babies I almost quit.
>>
File: 1448221607021.jpg (37 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448221607021.jpg
37 KB, 250x250
>>62983833
>tate
>good
>>
>>62983783
Yes there is a vampire plot its the main theme for the show. It's actually decent but its not what makes the show worth watching. It's the Hotel, the characters, visually and the music. Also yes it does take place during the present with flashbacks.
>>
>>62983927
desu senpai I think Gaga has been doing a fine-ass job for her first long-term acting gig. I mean before this she just had her weird as fuck videos, a bit part in Machete and a scene in the background of The Sopranos.

She's theatrical and weird and that's what works in Murphy's shows.
>>
>>62983927
but holy fuck the mom
>my kid hasn't aged and that doesn't seem weird to me at all.
>I'll become a vampire myself to be with by vampire baby
>I'll inject vampire blood into this random kid to save his life but it also makes him a vampire and ends up making all the kids at his school vampires too.
>>
>>62983991
Yeah the mom is a nightmare.
Can't wait to see her die.
>>
>>62983928
>Thats precisely why I love the show, they can do anything and because everythings so outside the realms of normality, its acceptable.
>>
File: af6028d0_marcy32.xxxlarge.jpg (119 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
af6028d0_marcy32.xxxlarge.jpg
119 KB, 1024x683
best s1 character right here
>>
>>62984187
Shit, didnt mean to gt that lol
>>
>>62984218
She died on hotel
>>
>>62983936
> implying school shooters are bad
>>
>>62984218
best character is moira the maid. boner city tbqh, wish i could just watch all her scenes
>>
Binged it this month
S1 Meh it build up good but the payoff was fucking shit
S2 More twisted but same problems as S2
S3 Did it for the faps. Worst of them all.
S4 Fuck yeah FREAKS! Once again a dull ending pretty brutal but the logic factor is so stupid.
S5 I like it so far. Feels way more fresher then the others. Don't care for gaga but she does alright.
>>
I only watched Season 1 for the jerk off material.
>>
File: evan-peters.jpg (326 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
evan-peters.jpg
326 KB, 612x380
First two seasons are.
Third isn't.
Fourth is only good for Dandy.
Fifth is only good for Walt Disney.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.