[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gentleman. How do we fix The Simpsons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: Simpsons.jpg (91 KB, 541x720) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons.jpg
91 KB, 541x720
Gentleman. How do we fix The Simpsons?
>>
>>62978628
remove lisa
>>
>>62978628
Make a series about Ned Flanders and his family instead, seeing his slow descent into degeneracy and madness.
>>
Ded Bort
>>
File: Halloween_of_Horror_Promo_2.jpg (71 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Halloween_of_Horror_Promo_2.jpg
71 KB, 800x450
Revert to the old animation, fire half the writing staff, and de-age the voice actors by at least 10 years.

Still, there are occasionally good episodes in Zombie Simpsons. "Halloween of Horror" was at least John Swartzwelder tier.
>>
>>62978628
Cancel it for gods sake
>>
>>62978665
What's wrong with Lisa? I haven't watched anything past season 11 so I dunno what they've done to her character.
>>
end it
>>
get more technology in, like iphones, macs, google glass

make lisa a more central character

have an episode where Moe refurbishes his bar
>>
File: liberal.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
liberal.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
>>62978770
>I dunno what they've done to her character.

Flanderization.
>>
>>62978767
You think Fox is gonna cancel it when its rating still average in the millions? Don't ask me why there are so many people still watching The Simpsons when it's objectively shit now though. I can't answer why.
>>
>>62978822
>Flanderization
Explain.
>>
>>62978836
This.

Plus Sam Simon died, so they don't have to pay him $10 million a year any more.
>>
>>62978765
No it was shit, they are all shit
>>
File: flandors.gif (79 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
flandors.gif
79 KB, 480x270
>>62978861
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization

Sorry for linking TV Tropes, but it explains this better than I can.
>>
Get Matt Groening to come back and actually help drive the show rather then standing back in the sidelines as the original creator and let nobodies handle it.
>>
>>62978861
It's a term referring to what they did to Flanders character. Before his "Christian" aspects were in the periphery, or they didn't focus on him as a Christian but more as Flanders. After a certain amount of time they started slowly making him more "crazy Catholic" and revolved a lot of his jokes around religion. It's poor character development, they change a character to make them seem funnier by turning them into a characature of their former selves
>>
>>62978804
This desu. Only answer
>>
>>62978932
>>62978997
OK, now that I get what Flanderization means, what'd they do to Lisa?
>>
>>62978972
Matt Groening is the George Lucas of The Simpsons. He wanted Marge to have bunny ears, Sam Simon and James L. Brooks wanted it to be a good show.
>>
1. Use some animation software to make the show completely look like it was made in 1995. The digital perfect lines and perfect coloring is offputting.

2. Tweak the actors voices in the sound board to sound like they used to.

3. No more celebrity guest stars.

4. Keep the Simpsons in the 90's tech wise, but update things like who the President is, etc (no one wants to see Homer twittering on his iphone).

5. New showrunner + new writers who understand what made the Simpsons great at one time.

6. Cut down on all political agenda episodes (this was one of the death knells of Family Guy as well).

7. Put all the characters back where they belong (ie, Bart the troublemaker, Lisa the smart one, Marge the housewife, Homer the buffoony father, etc)

But this will never happen. The show will probably end at Season 30. Thanks fucking God.
>>
Have a final season

Each episode is written by people from each individual season of the simpsons
>>
>>62979105
[citation needed]
>>
>>62978628
cancel it about a decade ago
>>
>>62979133
So the season starts off fantastic and gradually turns into absolute dogshit? Just like the show. How meta.
>>
>>62979051

Lisa used to be a girl who was afraid her dad would go to hell for stealing cable to rejecting Christianity in favor of Buddhism.
>>
>>62979051
she stopped being an 8 year old with above average intelligence and liberal opinions and started being a 23 year old college liberal genius that is never ever wrong stuck in an 8 year old body
>>
File: Lisa_talks_to_bart.png (161 KB, 446x335) Image search: [Google]
Lisa_talks_to_bart.png
161 KB, 446x335
>>62979051
She went from a little girl with liberal ideas and intelligence beyond her years, to an obnoxious know-it-all lefty who the writers constantly forget is an 8-year-old child.

This is why I liked "Halloween of Horror", >>62978922 be damned.

From "Bart Gets An 'F'":
>"I heard you last night, Bart. You prayed for this. Now your prayers have been answered. I'm no theologian. I don't know who or what God is, exactly, all I know is He is a force more powerful than Mom and Dad put together and you owe Him big."

If they wrote that now, she'd say something like Brian from Family Guy.
>>
>>62979216
So basically they made her so objectively smarter than everyone in the show to the point of annoyance then?
>>
>>62979270
Basically, but she also became the Brian style voice of the writers to espouse their liberal agenda in the most overt way possible
>>
>>62979310
But Brian is often the butt of the joke and is an insufferable douche. I think he's fine as he is. He is liberal but in the most obnoxious way possible. Where's the harm?
>>
File: finish me off.jpg (15 KB, 185x268) Image search: [Google]
finish me off.jpg
15 KB, 185x268
>>62979310
Oh for fuck's sake, they turned her into Brian? Jesus Christ, you guys weren't kidding when you said that The Simpsons is literally Family Guy now.
>>
>>62979270

No. She was always smarter than everyone, but now she's using her intelligence to push a political agenda.
>>
>>62979363
He's treated as being objectively right 75% and is Rogans self insert womanizing genius

>>62979369
Yeah, even before the crossover you could do a search replace on the names of the main characters and little would need to be edited
>>
File: seth.jpg (16 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
seth.jpg
16 KB, 214x317
>>62979363
>implying Brian isn't just Seth McFarlane's shitty self-insert which he uses to spout pretentious pseudo-intellectual nonsense and liberal propaganda
Brian is a pretentious insufferable douche because Seth McFarlane is a pretentious insufferable douche.
>>62979370
Just like Brian. Goddammit.
>>
>>62979450
You mean MacFarlane. Seth Rogan is "DUDE, WEED, LMAO!"
>>
>>62979450
>>62979463
Yes, but he's constantly being show up as a buffoon for making grandiose claims and referring to all the things he's read, and how cultured he is, only for it to be revealed that he knows nothing beyond the title of the book. He's not as bulletproof as you seem to think. Yes, he's a mouthpiece but he's also McFarlane laughing at himself. Brian is meant to be annoying and pathetic; a slacker, self-aggrandising alcoholic pseudo-intellectual who never says or does anything of value. The only thing he does for anyone to be envious of is get laid all the time, and Quagmire does that too in all fairness.
>>
>>62979310
>Character spends a line saying something you disagree with
>PROPAGANDA AGENDA!!!!1111
>>
Shit, I didn't see this thread before making >>62979678

There's no saving the Simpsons at this point.

>>62979593
I love how this STILL needs to be explained. Quagmire's rant on Brian was literally there to spell this shit out to the dumbfuck audience that thinks Brian is there to push some kind of agenda.
>>
>>62979463
MacFarlane is literally the least smug guy in Hollywood.
Besides hurting your political feelings for a 6 second cutaway, what has he really done?
If Judge had the same success I bet you wouldn't be calling him a pretentious insufferable douche.
>>
More politics
More memes
More celebrity cameos
>>
>>62978822
>being liberal means free stuff guys
lel
>>
>>62978628
Matt Selman as showrunner.

>>62978765
Halloween of Horror was great.
All episodes that Selman worked as showrunner on are a lot more disciplined than the regular Al Jean run episodes.
>>
>>62979744
>Quagmire's rant on Brian was literally there to spell this shit out to the dumbfuck audience that thinks Brian is there to push some kind of agenda.

No the Quagmire rant is so that the writers can pretend that Brian is a joke while 100% pushing everything he says
>>
File: Simpsons.jpg (747 KB, 1470x2637) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons.jpg
747 KB, 1470x2637
>>
>>62981308
Don't you have a doomsday radio talk show to jerk off to?
>>
File: large.jpg (38 KB, 468x313) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
38 KB, 468x313
>>62981645
Marge + Lady Gaga was best lesbian Marge.
>>
>>62981645
This seriously saddens me every time I see this pic. It's so true it hurts. Needs some editing though. Season 11 was a good season. It was season 12 onward that the show went downhill, and even then seasons 12 and 13 had a few good episodes if I'm not mistaken.
>>
time jump ahead 5 years, stay there.
>>
>>62978628
Times have changed anon -- just put this show and the audience out of their miseries..
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.