[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I blame this movie for creating an entire wave of le-wrong-generationers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: schoolofrock.jpg (89 KB, 586x444) Image search: [Google]
schoolofrock.jpg
89 KB, 586x444
I blame this movie for creating an entire wave of le-wrong-generationers when it came out (myself included, at the time of release)
>>
Here's the entire band reuniting ten years later: https://youtu.be/Bf8INiBDgVg
>>
>le-wrong-generation

that shit has been going on forever way before School of Rock. This is what A Midnight in Paris was about.
>>
>>62977011
The girls were fucking hot in this though.
>>
Great flick
>>
>>62977036
>>62977103

The bassist now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqr1D1Sylws
>>
That's pretty stupid because the movie doesn't even address contemporary pop music. It's about rock vs stuffy classical training + upper class snobbery. Also literally never heard anyone say this movie influenced them in any way, like who the fuck hadn't heard of Led Zeppelin already. I bet you can't even name three songs mentioned in the movie.

The only thing this movie made me think is that "Edge of Seventeen" is actually a pretty cool song and that I would fuck Joan Cusack.
>>
>>62977210
>now
Ew. Old fucking hag.
>>
>>62977249

It does when he asks the kids what they like.
>>
>>62977210
Old enough to be a mother and she's promoting casual sex. Disgusting.
>>
>>62977249

I actually disliked that the piece they used to demonstrate their classical upbringing was Joaquin Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez," one of the greatest pieces for guitar ever written: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Xdlgii-Rc

IMO, they should've used something more boring, but I guess they needed something to show off their skill.
>>
>>62977419

>I guess they needed something to show off their skill.

That's exactly it. That was the moment Black saw that he could make the kids into a band. He was blown away by them playing that.
>>
Kinda weird how, by the end of the flick, the parents who paid thousands of dollars in their children's education didn't really mind that they stayed for months without studying, and Jack Black actually got away with fraud and got a job from it.
>>
>>62977011
What's wrong with "le wrong generation"? You absolute faggots.
>>
I loved this movie as a kid but I never developed the wrong generation mentality.

If anything it helped me appreciated some dad-rock while still enjoying new music.
>>
>>62977828

Fraud and kidnapping.
>>
>>62977011
Didn't those kids listen to Mozart and shit at the beginning of the movie? That's even MORE of a wrong generation thing.
>>
>>62977828
Well since they're private schools I'm sure they don't have to meet state regulations in hiring standards and since the principal had a boner for Jack Black no charges were filed.

Also the last scene is an exaggerated bit to show that the parents were happy to see their kids become successful and talented albeit through a different avenue than anticipated.

>>62979727
It wasn't kidnapping. The kids drove the school bus to him and I'm sure the bus driver would be the one held accountable. The trips beforehand were school sanctioned.
>>
>>62977011
This flick is hella creepy and awkward looking back.
>>
>>62977011
This didn't create a wave of le wrong generation, it was created by it.

Cause and effect, moron. No one makes a multi-million dollar movie they don't know the audience will like and relate to. They make movies based on what people already like, then the customers get full of it because they relate to characters and by all the merch and the DVD.
>>
>>62980920
>No one makes a multi-million dollar movie they don't know the audience will like and relate to

Jupiter Ascending
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.