[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dutch Comedy Central censors South Park for being anti-refug
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 1448298751807.jpg (550 KB, 1570x972) Image search: [Google]
1448298751807.jpg
550 KB, 1570x972
Dutch Comedy Central censors South Park for being anti-refugee.

Why are we such keks for these shitskins?

https://a.pomf.cat/pcyuad.mp4
>>
If you watch South Park over the age of 14 you're a literal retard
>>
>>62976189
What's it like to be such an intelligent and mature fifteen year old? The world must know.
>>
>>62976163
Censorship is very progressive.
>>
Let me attempt to explain the levels of irony going on here

Dutch fail to see South Park is making fun of anti-refugee people alright
I came into this thread assuming that you saw the irony. But then you call the Dutch "keks for these shitskins" which makes me think that you yourself are anti-refugee?

So South Park is making fun of you and the Dutch censor South Park and you dislike the Dutch for censoring something that is making fun of you? That's a lot of irony.
>>
>>62976189
Hello Reddit
>>
File: 17842673[1].jpg (149 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
17842673[1].jpg
149 KB, 400x398
>>62976256
this is just the tip of the iceberg's penis!
>>
>>62976256
That's quite the mental gymnastics you are doing there.

Censoring anything is wrong.
>>
>>62976256
Not OP but as with every South Park episode these days they never commit to a side anymore. Sure, Mr. Garrison is portrayed as Trump aka a retard, but all of the kids (except Butters) are portrayed as anti-refugee and none of them get shit on. As a reminder, you're intended to identify with the views of the protagonists (the main kids).
>>
>>62976256
That's not what irony is my friendo
>>
>>62976344
>As a reminder, you're intended to identify with the views of the protagonists (the main kids).

>they never commit to a side anymore

I'm sorry but even your own post contradicts itself. I agree they never commit to a side, and what we have in South Park are a series of UNRELIABLE protagonists and (check your How to Interpret Shit rulebook - which you seem to love) you don't need to identify with their views.

I draw from South Park nowadays just a critique of anyone who thinks what they believe has some unique claim to absolute truth. Then again maybe I'm wrong get it?.
>>
>>62976429
It doesn't contradict itself you idiot. Have you literally never consumed any media that wasn't completely black and white? I'm sorry, but if the only /tv/ material you've seen is "good guy beats the bad guy" you really aren't qualified to have a discussion.

South Park doesn't need to make a singular point. It's not propaganda, it's not black and white. It has a number of varied characters with different views and some are lambasted and some aren't.

They're not committing to a side because they'll make fun of radicals on each side but rarely everyone on a side. If they had committed, they wouldn't have let the kids get off scot-free and they wouldn't have made fun of the refugees (and Butters).

Their primary goal is laughs, not to push a political agenda - that is there, but it's secondary.
>>
>>62976163
It's censored because you're not allowed to translate "fuck" in the Netherlands (at least not for something that airs during the daytime on Comedy Central).

Usually this is not a problem, and they will just replace "fuck" with a milder word in the subtitles. However, there was no way to translate that scene without it directly referencing to sleeping with someone to such an extent that they die, so it was cut.

It's a bullshit reason, but it's the real reason.
>>
South Park isn't being anti refugee they are making fun of Donald Trump and his stance on immigration through Mr Garrison who's one of the most mentally fucked up persons in SP.
>>
>>62976256
>what is freedom of speech
>>
>>62976163
Just watched it on Norwegian CC, they cut it here to.
>>
>>62976189
hmm, because the show isn't total made by adults for adults.. mfw people don't realize nothing is age appropriate, things are either good or bad
>>
>>62976163
>>62977321
Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>62977390
Yeah. Its really weird too, you can usually get away with a lot more here than you can in the US.
>>
File: 1425952668303.jpg (36 KB, 620x397) Image search: [Google]
1425952668303.jpg
36 KB, 620x397
>>62976163
>watching mind trash
>>
>>62977491
Nonsense, when it comes to expression/speech the Americans have way more freedoms to do and say what they want.
>>
its made to look like its for kids the same reason a guy offers candy from his mini van.
>>
>>62977559
I really don't think thats true. Do you mean in Holland or Norway by the way?
>>
>>62977644
Noooo, its made to look the way it does because Trey and Matt can't fucking draw.
>>
File: 1397513734957.jpg (207 KB, 389x416) Image search: [Google]
1397513734957.jpg
207 KB, 389x416
>>62976256
OP STATUS
[ ] NOT REKD
[X] REKD
>>
>>62977735
anytime they make mature cartoons in merrica its for this reason dont kid yourself.
>>
>>62976532
>it's the real reason
And how do you know that? Is there evidence of this or are you speculating?
>>
>>62977059
Doesn't apply here.

You don't actually have a right to say whatever you want to whomever you want. Freedom of speech keeps you protected from the American government, so you can't be jailed for insulting the president or something like that.

Outside of that freedom of speech doesn't exist. You can't call your boss a nigger and then cry freedom of speech when your dumb ass gets fired.

I mean, I disagree with the editing here, especially since they failed to realize that it's mocking the racist right-wing for their attitude towards refugees, but it has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
>>
>>62977782
The Simpsons was made to look the way it does to atract kids? Not because Matt Groening drew like that?
>>
>>62977820
No Anon, the real reason is probably some hidden agenda of the jews/illuminati/lizard people/communists/SJW.
>>
>>62977850
yes.
thats why it came with burger king toys.
thats why its entirely focused on the amerrican family.
>>
>>62976532
that's bullshit we have nudity and swearing at day time all the time
>>
>>62977892
Your argument is that burger king made toys of the Simpsons

If you don't see how fucking ridiculous that is, please go enjoy another Whopperâ„¢
>>
>>62977892
How long after The Simpsons debuted did they start with the Burger King toys? If they started immediatly then you are probably correct, if not you're wrong.
>>
>>62978005
http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Burger_King
1990 had some dolls, and then 2001 is when they started making toys every few years

I still don't think his argument works though.
>>
>>62977559
Fo real n*gger?
>>
Dutch are scum
>>
Dutch CC responded on twitter
https://twitter.com/ComedyCentralNL/status/667689297651343360

What a shitty response, fire whoever does their PR
>>
File: pc.png (382 KB, 645x631) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
382 KB, 645x631
>>62978307
>yfw some asshole is being payed way too much to use meme generators to do his PR job
>>
>>62978233

Dey got good loud dough desu senpai
>>
>>62978504
They've got a lax attitude about "dat loud"

but nothing compares to the quality coming out of America
>>
>>62978557
Tru dat
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.