[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phantom Menace general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 11
File: JarJarHS-SWE.jpg (40 KB, 400x525) Image search: [Google]
JarJarHS-SWE.jpg
40 KB, 400x525
Tell me how you felt when you watched this movie in 1999
>>
>>62975134

I was 12.

I was extremely bored and uninvested.
>>
I can't remember because I was 8 when it was released, but was this just as hyped as Force Awakens is now?
>>
Still my favorite SW film.
>>
>Anyone under 30 or over 50
alright action movie
>anyone between 30 and 50
GEORGE LUCAS RAPED MY CHILDHOOD LMAO DO U WANT A PIZZA ROLL ;) JAR JAR IS THE KEY TO ALL THIS :-D HAHA UPVOTE AND SHARE PLS
>>
I was 4 and thought the final lightsaber fight took place on the battleship that Anakin blew up so I was pretty confused
>>
>>62975134
I was 8 and it had laser, robots and a talking horse, so ofc I liked it.
>>
>>62975247
George please go.
>>
For my 4th birthday my mom bought me The Phantom Menace on VHS. It was my first exposure to Star Wars. I remember loving it all except when they went to Coursant, I always skipped that. Afterwards we rented the Original Trilogy, loved them too. A New Hope was always my favourite growing up. Even younger my knew the old ones were the best.

I haven't properly sat down and watched The Phantom Menace in a few years but I'd say it's still better than Attack of The Clones by far.
>>
>>62975134
I was in 4th grade and I felt disappointed with it. The only parts I enjoyed was the pod racing and the Darth Maul duel.
>>
I was 5 so I only remember liking the Darth Maul fight.
>>
I can't remember when I watched it, exactly. I was 6 years old in 1999.

I do remember however that I first though how strange it was that the episodes were released "out of order".
>>
>>62975134
I was 8. Anakin/Jar Jar were in the movie basically for my age group.

Little kids and cartoon rabbits aren't why I liked the other star wars movies. The best parts were the podrace (reminded me of the speeder bikes on endor) and the final duel.

I thought the robots and fart jokes were stupid. At that age, I really liked the idea of Luke being just some random guy that goes on this great adventure. TPM is about a group of boring characters that solve a trade dispute I don't care about.

>>62975174
>can't remember what you liked when you were 8
>>
I was 13 and I was pretty fucking excited pesu hempai.

>all this hate for the Phantom Menace because Jar Jar.

Motherfucking Jedi Liam Neeson, pod racing and Darth Maul weren't enough for you faggots? Darth Maul was probably the coolest villain in the entire series.
>>
>>62975134
I was a Junior in High School, and tried to convince myself it was a good movie. Wen't to see it a second time in theaters, and walked out during the pod race.
>>
I sincerely love the phantom menace and fuck anyone who thinks I'm trolling!!! Not everyone falls for your stupid ass memes and epic Mr. Pinkett quotes (which you only refer to so much because you can't articulate a genuine criticism of your own). PM had heart and expanded on the Star Wars universe TENFOLD. Sorry a character made for kids, in a KIDS movie, wasn't edgy enough for you. Prequel/Jar Jar/Lucas hate is the worst fucking meme and fuck you!!!!
>>
I was 4 and I cried when Darth Maul lost even when he had the high ground.
I also hated Binks
>>
Honestly, all of the Star Wars movies are almost of the same quality.
>>
>>62975134
Loved it then. Still love it, somewhat. The lightheartedness makes it already enjoyable to rewatch for me.
>>
>>62975757
I can't believe someone is this stupid on /tv/
>on /tv/
no wait, actually that adds up
>>
>>62975927
ebin
>>
I liked it even though I didn't really understand most of what was going on. I just thought jedi vs sith lightsaber battles were awesome
>>
>>62975948
retard
>>
>>62975134
Asleep
>>
>>62975757
That would be true if Empire Strikes Back didn't exist
>>
>>62975134
My dad took me to watch it because he watched the original trilogy and tought i would like it, i feel asleep trough the ''wordswordswordswords'' scenes and only remember watching the pod racing and lightsaber battles, so i tought it was cool.
i took my little brother(now 18 yo) to watch episode 3 and did the exact same thing, the little fucker had to go to the bathroom at the same time Anaking was about to get his whiny ass burned to shit
>>
>>62975134
I actually held my piss something awful when the fucking gungan battle on naboo was happening. I wanted to see the end of the movie so badly. I regret nothing.
>>
>>62975134
I kind of liked it.I felt like it was not as amazing as the original trilogy but I enjoyed it.

I also thought the more childish parts and ideas were there because it was somehow about Anakin as a child and that it was somehow told through his "point of view".
>>
fuck 1999 it's so overrated, 2000 is when the real shit went down
>>
I was 10 so I thought it was AWESOME WITH LASERS AND SHIT
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p44pcTXpPOs&feature=youtu.be&t=83

One of the strongest force users fighting a small robot over a flashlight K E K
>>
>>62975705
>Darth Maul was probably the coolest villain in the entire series.
Are you still 13?
>>
I didn't see it until I was 9 in 2003 on VHS
Thought it was crap
>>
>>62976174
Wasn't Yoda pretending to be a retard? I guess that's how he remained undercover for so many years, no one would suspect that the little green old man that acts like a retard is a force user.
>>
i remember going home and watching episode 6 on vhs to watch the thone room fight because it was the coolest shit
>>
I fucking hate everyone that hates George Lucas. He gave us the best movies ever and everyone ran him out of town. He knew what he was doing and if you didn't like the prequels it's because you're dumb.
>>
>>62976192
To be fair his lightsaber was cool, but yeah his desing is edgy as fuck, the Cartoons made him cooler giving him a personalty.
Grevious is cooler tho.
>>
>>62976228
>He gave us the best *special effects ever
>>
>Phantom Menace
>general
Jesus Christ
>>
>>62976199
yeah but Yoda was obviously changed in retrospect. Terrible idea making him a feral hamster
>>
>>62976528
I don't remember very well but i think he dropped the act as soon as luke started his training and in return of the Jedi he was practically the same person from the prequels.
>>
>>62975134
I was 2 when it came out so I have no opinion on it
>>
>>62975134

I was 9 at the time. I remember being bored with the trade shit, liked Darth Maul, Obi, and Podracing but overall thought it had nothing to do with the star wars I grew up with.
>>
Saw it in the cinema was 6. I had already seen the OT and was a huge fan.
It was fun, I liked Jar Jar and I wanted to give Padme a kiss. I was jealous of and wanted to be Anakin.
It didn't leave an impression on me, but I loved the toys. I had OT toys, and I had a naboo fighter.
I'd put darth maul in the TI fighter because my vader was lost, and I would chase him around with bossk (because he was cool) in the naboo fighter and run around.
I had a jar jar binks cuddly toy and I would sleep with it every night.
As I got older and the other two movies came out I grew more and more disillusioned. I would hit my jar jar binks toy, and kick him across the room. I still had weak moments: when I was alone with jar jar I would say sorry to him, but I never let him sleep in my bed after attack of the clones came out.
By the time Revenge of the Sith came out, I hated the prequels. I would pretend that my jango fett toy was really boba fett.
>>
>>62975247
>GEORGE LUCAS RAPED MY CHILDHOOD

pretty sure these people are referring to lucas not releasing the original theatrical versions and not the prequels when they say this.
>>
I kind of hated the aesthetics from day one. Everything was so round, with orange and yellow colors everywhere (and I'm not referring to the Tattouine sand), didn't look a thing like Star Wars.
>>
I was 8 and saw it with my friend, we were big as fuck on star wars and dumb kids, so we loved it. He dressed up as Maul for halloween and we bought plastic sabers.
>>
>>62975134
I was 2 years old and unable to go to the theater to see it since my parents wouldn't let me borrow the car.
>>
>As I got older and the other two movies came out I grew more and more disillusioned. I would hit my jar jar binks toy, and kick him across the room. I still had weak moments: when I was alone with jar jar I would say sorry to him, but I never let him sleep in my bed after attack of the clones came out.
>>
I was 9. I thought Darth Maul,Yoda and Podracing was cool, but most of the movie was boring. Too much political talk and serious faces. I felt secondhand embarrassment from watching Jarjar, but I don't recall being especially bothered by him.
>>
I was about 8 at the time and even then I thought Anikin was an annoying little shit. I think I liked everything else tough.
>>
File: 1347789548264.jpg (41 KB, 343x393) Image search: [Google]
1347789548264.jpg
41 KB, 343x393
>>62975134
I was 9. Pod racing was cool, Darth Maul was cool, that's about it.
I think my favourite movie was The Terminator.
>>
I remember the hype surrounding it when I was young. I thought it looked cool but I wasn't big on Star Wars.

When I finally did watch it, I didn't think much of it. I didn't know Jar Jar was hated so much.
>>
>>62975134
Blue balls of the heart
>>
I'd never watched any other Star Wars movies, and didn't until I was much older. But I had this on VHS and I watched it often. I liked Pod Racing, light saber battles, Darth Maul, Obi Wan and even Jar Jar.

I was around 8.
>>
I unironically loved it and watched it 2 times at the cinema. I believe that if AOTC and ROTS had been good, history would have a much kinder view of TPM.
>>
>>62975134
I was 8. Hyped as fuck. Pod Racing blew my mind. Darth Maul became instant love. It still bothers me that Qui-Gon was only in one movie :/
>>
File: NeimoidiansTall-1536x512.png (737 KB, 1536x512) Image search: [Google]
NeimoidiansTall-1536x512.png
737 KB, 1536x512
I actually love this movie, I just watched it again the other day since I saw that leddit Jar Jar theory and while the CG is laughable now the movie still felt like Star Wars (unlike 2 and most of 3)
>>
>>62975134
A little kid, can't really remember. I know I enjoyed it well enough though.

Wasn't until I was like 8 or 9 that I remember watching a SW movie straight through and that was A New Hope. Fortunately I got into the OT first and even though I like the prequels I always thought the OT was better.

When I got a bit older I realized that the prequels were actually kinda dumb and despite having "better" technology they were really boring outside of the action sequences whereas the OT is enjoyable during the "slower" sequences.
>>
I was 10. My dad had been a fan of the original trilogy so I had seen them at least thirty times already, they were by far my favourite movies other than Terminator 1 and 2. I was dying to see the new Star Wars.

My dad explained the concept of a drive in movie. I was enthralled. He said we'd go tomorrow night and looked up what was playing. It was Star Wars Episode I. Still not sure what a drive in was I assumed they only played older movies so I figured it was A New Hope. I didn't care though, still sounded like an awesome night with dad.

The next night we pull into a dusty, shitty Cobourg drive-in. My dad tunes the radio to the frequency and we go and get some greasy popcorn and snacks. My brother and I sit on the hood of the car looking around like this is the coolest thing in the world, leaving greasy hand prints on the windshield.

The movie starts. Oh my God. This is the new Star Wars. Oh my God. I lose my shit. My dad smiles the biggest dad grin ever. He knew all along it was the new one and that I didn't know and he let me believe it so I could be surprised. I'm absolutely captivated by the movie and I think it's the best Star Wars yet. Darth Maul was the coolest thing I had ever seen in any movie ever.

A few weeks ago I was reminiscing about this with my dad. He recollected the story with better clarity than I could. He said it was one of the best nights of his entire life and that he'd give anything to go back to those days. He said he hated the movie but that the movie was the last thing in his mind. He said that he refused to wash his car for weeks afterward because the greasy hand prints would remind him of that night. He said one day it rained and he cried as the rain washed away those hand prints.

Then I saw Plinkett and now I hate that shit fuck movie.
>>
>>62979690
Holy shit m8. Your dad sounds pretty based... well crying about the hand prints is a little cringey but whatever.

At least you liked it then though and had that experience. So the movie holds no nostalgic joy for you when you go back and watch it now? I mean I don't really care for the prequels but can atleast enjoy them to some degree.
>>
Was hyped for Darth Maul but got podracing instead, seemed like a fair deal at the time. My main gripe was the gay ending.
>>
>>62976174
>Created the shitty Star Wars Revisited
>believes in chemtrails
POTTERY
>>
I was 6. Don't remember much, but I left the theater really entertained. Went on thinking it was my favorite sw movie for a few years, kek.
>>
It was pretty boring. I would fast forward to the lightsaber fights when I got the VHS.
>>
>>62975320

holy shit I thought the same thing
>>
>>62975134
8 years old here, had already watched the OT
I loved the podrace, had some toys which I excessively played with, I thought Jar Jar was kinda stupid and didn't like him that much
The movie bored me for the most part but I thought I had to sit through that to get to the good parts, basically I liked everything where there was fighting going on
>>
>>62975134
Bored during everything but the podrace and the Mail duel. I would have been 6 at the time.
>>
I must have been at least 10 or 12 years old, but I remember thinking that the naboo fighters were dumb, I didnt like little Anakin, and I was really upset by no mention of han solo.

I know it was a prequel trilogy and all, but little me was absolutely pissed at the lack of Solo for some reason
>>
>>62975134
I was 8, and for some stupid reason I thought Anakin was going to get fucked up and put in the suit by the end of Episode 1.
I was just waiting for him to get BTFO during the space battle at the end.
>>
I was 10 in 2002, Episode II was about to come out and my family was never really into Star Wars so I thought those two were the only two Star Wars movies.

I rented Phantom Menace to get into the fad, I couldn't tell what the fuck the plot was about, Hershlag's make-up made me want to vomit and it had too much talking. The only parts I liked were the pod racing and the lightsaber duel.

Then I watched AoT and liked it even less aside from Yoda's ebin jedi manlet skills.

Worst part is that whenever my friends talked about the OT, I thought that Darth Vader was Darth Maul and that Luke was a way to shorten Anakin's name. It wasn't until they started talking about the two death stars that I realized I might have been missing something.
>>
>>62979690
>you've being visited by the 'George Lucas of good nights and memories'
>>
>>62979995
It'll always remind me of that night with my dad so in a way there's some positive nostalgia there, but it's pretty much by association only. The movie itself is insultingly stupid for the amount of money and expectation that went into it, and the older I get the harder it is for me to get over that.
>>
>>62980429
I can understand not seeing the movies. But were you living under a rock to not know about Luke and Vader?
>>
Why did so many people hate the title?
>>
>>62980589
I don't remember anyone hating it at the time.
Really, what is there to hate? It's a pretty ambiguous yet simple title.
>>
>>62975134
I was 13 and coming up on my first year of high school. Me and a bunch of friends went to see it. It was an odd experience. I feel like I "liked" it because I thought I was supposed to like it, because all I had dreamt about, in all my years of being a Star Wars fanatic, was seeing the story of Darth Vader. After seeing it, I think even though I "liked" it, it disenfranchised me a little, and I didn't give nearly as much a fuck about Star Wars as a whole until college when ROTS was getting ready to come out. I really re-discovered my love for the lore and mythology, and even learned to tolerate the retardation of the prequels. I fucking love Star Wars and I can't wait for TFA.
>>
File: Eric1.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Eric1.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
>>62975134
3 years old. Best movie of the year, no doubt.
>>
>>62980705
Pretty similar to my experience. I liked the prequels alright as a kid but still preferred the OT. Then when I got a bit older I kinda lost interest, and even though I would still admit I was a Star Wars fan I just wasn't that interested.

Then when I got to my second or third year of college I came back to it and re-affirmed my appreciation for the OT and can watch the PT as mindless fun but still laugh at some of the stupid elements.
>>
File: 1418100606065.jpg (63 KB, 552x585) Image search: [Google]
1418100606065.jpg
63 KB, 552x585
It was a weird experience.

Showed up first screening elated, squealing like a little fanboy. Really into the action. Then Jar Jar, then Anakin, and I cringed about four times, from the fat Gungan shaking his jowls, the two headed whatthefuck commenting on the podrace, and little Anny going "THIS IS TENSE!" and misc Jar Jar scenes.

As the credits rolled there was stunned silence and everyone just left. Hardly anyone spoke to each other. At least I wasn't the only one in shock.

Didn't bother with opening day for Clones, and skipped the last one waiting till it came on cable.
>>
My mom took me to see it in theaters after my grandma introduced me to the original trilogy. I thought the whole movie was pretty interesting except for when Jar Jar acted random. As a 5 year old who REALLY liked spaceship stuff, I was super jealous of the kid who got to play Anakin. My mom begged me to leave during the Coruscant C-span stuff but I fucking loved it.
>>
>>62975134
I was 14 at the time and I completely gave up on the idea of it being good at the pod racing scene.

It was a sad day.
>>
>>62975757
Honestly, you're trolling.

>Attack of the Clones is basically the same quality as The Empire Strikes Back
>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>62975134
I was in college.
I thought it wasn't the best of Star Wars movies, but it was still good.
I was in denial.
I even laughed at Bink's antics.
I will never live down the shame.
>>
I cant I was 2 at the time

But i did like it until i saw the plinkket revuiews
>>
>>62976569
>Watching Empire Strikes Back commentary
>Luke training with Yoda on his back scene
>Lucas: "Once again this shows the limits we had with a puppet at the time. Yoda couldn't move on his own with the scene, so the only way to do it was to have him carried in the little backpack. Nowadays if we were to do the same scene we could just have him hopping alongside Luke instead."

I almost smashed my TV tbqh family
>>
File: lego phantom menace.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lego phantom menace.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
I saw it for my best friend's birthday party when we were 6, it was great back then to us mostly because of all the lego sets and shit.

It's weird remembering there was a time when there weren't Star Wars legos.
>>
>>62975134

I was 19 when I saw the first Star Wars in '77. I like the rest of the trilogy with the exception of the Ewoks in RotJ.

Fast forward to TPM. I went with my son who was 15 and liked the original trilogy as much as I did.

When the credits started to roll we just sat in our seats, not saying anything. We just got up and left after the lights went completely on. I was expecting the same feeling I got seeing ANH for the first time and was really hoping my son would feel the same way. We were just disappointed. We didn't even bother seeing episodes 2 and 3 in theaters.
>>
>>62981377
>I even laughed at Bink's antics.
Good God what part?
I'll be honest the only thing I can recall ever laughing at was the sound he made when Qui-Gon grabbed his tongue at the dinner table. Not that Jar Jar sticking his tongue out like a moron was funny but the delivery of that "EEUUUHH!" was kinda good.

Oh fuck I should kill myself.
>>
>>62980589
Funny enough I always thought it sounded cool as fuck and instead hated Attack of the Clones
>>
>>62979690
Quality feels, senpai
>>
>>62981307
>>62981253
Bullshit. The entire world was hype as fuck during the first few days. I highly doubt some pleb-ass kids were the exception.
>>
>>62975134
i was 11 when TPM came out and all i could do was stare at padime

i didnt give a fuck about jar jar or anything else in the movie
>>
File: OOOOOHHHH AAAAHHHHAHAHA.jpg (26 KB, 430x414) Image search: [Google]
OOOOOHHHH AAAAHHHHAHAHA.jpg
26 KB, 430x414
>>62979690
>tfw still go to drive-in movie theater in Wisconsin
It's such a great feeling that I really wish more people were able to experience, they still play all the old ads from the 50's and shit.
>>
>>62981571

I was excited for it to come out but, like I said, I gave up on it being a good movie when the pod racing scene started.

Cool your autism.
>>
I loved it
>>
File: hmm.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
>>62975134

I was 12 and tried not falling asleep, pod racing woke up.

It was the first time I wanted to leave the cinema out of boredom.

I kept waiting for dath maul to show up and do something exciting, or to learn about him since he was everywhere on adverts. I was extremely disappointed.
>>
>>62981511

I was born in 87, saw the first three movies around 9yrs old, drew the same conclusions about them.

I was 12 when Phantom Menace came about, the trailer with Darth Maul and the dual sabers had me hyped to shit. I had toys and shit before the movie even came out.
I saw it with my mother who had no interest in any of it anyway. As we walked out in silence she said "Did you like it? :)" and I said yes and thanked her like a good boy.
It was fucking dreadful and I lost interest in Star Wars very quickly.
>>
I was born in 1995, what is this?
>>
>>62981809
back to reddit
>>
>>62981476
>Yoda sparring lightsabers with Luke. Flipping all over the place.
>>
So I was 6 when this came out. I remember a few scenes, mostly the pod race. I actually remember the advertising more than the film itself. We collected all those Pepsi cans and I remember Pizza Hut had a Darth Maul statue. Also my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary was that year and all my cousins had lightsabers. We beat the fuck out of each other with them...
>>
>>62982016
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>62982169
I never actually watched the movie, but I bought into the advertising.

I think I still have this somewhere. I think I got it from KFC.
>>
>>62975134
Loved it then, love it now.
>>
>>62976233
The "edgy" design is fine. He's a villain, villains are allowed to be edgy.
The issue is we know NOTHING about him. I don't hate him, I don't care about whether or not the Jedi beat him.
Jesus, show him slaughtering younglings or something. At least then I might care.
>>
>>62982354
TPM would have been better if it was less about diplomacy bullshit and more about an actual villan.
>>
>>62975134
I was 8 when it came out but I don't think I actually watched the whole movie all the way through until I was 13-ish. I'd seen parts of it before that never really stood out, though.

I really liked the lightsaber battle with Duel of the Fates, but I was never really into the rest of the movie.
>>
File: starwarsshadow.jpg (21 KB, 351x499) Image search: [Google]
starwarsshadow.jpg
21 KB, 351x499
>>62975134
I was 6 so I don't really remember. For some reason I remember seeing pic related and thinking it was going to be amazing. I also vaguely remember hating Padme and the Roger droids
>>
>>62982396
Man, it's amazing how Lucas somehow managed to fuck up such basic story telling.

To this day, I still have no clue what the trade dispute was.
>>
I was 10, I went to the cinema with my class and couple other classes from school. It was bretty good.
>>
>>62975134
I wanted to live in Naboo and I still want to
>>
>>62975757
Only on /tv/ would you find an opinion so monumentally fucking wrong.
>>
>>62975134
i loved it when I was a kid. The podrace was amazing, the saber battle at the end was one of the best. That's all I could think about.

The story made no fucking sense to me, and I was largely indifferent about Jar jar. I didn't dislike him, but I didn't really ever think he was that funny either.

For some odd reason though, of the prequels it's my favorite. I thought the dialogue, albeit aside from jar jar, wasn't all that bad. Anakin had weak moments, but I thought the damn kid did better than Hayden.
>>
I was 10 years old and loved seeing R2D2 everywhere, so I automatically loved the movie. It was a bunch of new junk, but even I thought being able to count the force was stupid.
>>
>>62975757
Man people are easy to bait here
>>
>>62975134
Disappointed t.bh fa.m
>>
>>62975134
Padme seemed way older than she really was to me (probably because she actually was). I had no idea she would end up as Anakin's bitch until my older sister told me so, and I thought it was totally weird since Anakin looked like a kindergartener and Padme looked like she could legally drink.
>>
I was six and wondering where darth vader was
>>
I was 9 so I was jealous and mad at the kid who got to be Anakin, hated Jar Jar (my kid rationale was because he wasn't strong like Chewbacca) and Obi-Wan was my favorite character and I viewed it as like it was his movie. I also disliked all of Tatooine on the grounds that he wasn't there.
>>
>>62975757
This. They're all corny shit but I somehow enjoy their stupidity
>>
>>62977243
best toys ever right there, family.
>>
It was a bit meh. Jar Jar was bashed beforehand so seeing him the first time was almost a comical moment. The pod race didn't "belong". Maybe I expected something different. But it was a sciffy with ok CGI of the time. I rate it 6/10
>>
>>62975156
This, but I'm a year older. I remember being really excited leading up to it, and then sitting there sort of trying to convince myself I liked it, and then losing the strength midway through and admitting I didn't like it.
>>
I was 5 at the time and saw the OT on VHS at my aunt and uncle's house when I was 4.

I was pretty excited especially when seeing R2 and C3PO.

I remembered getting pretty mesmerized at the CGI at the time especially watching the droid army come out. While it hasn't aged well it looked damn great in 1999.
>>
>Old enough to remember 1999 clearly
>still posts on 4chan

inb4 underaged I'm 23. I remember a lot of things about my childhood and being 7. What I thought about star wars isn't one of them
>>
>>62975134
Watched it in like 2005 or something when I was twelve. Thought it was pretty ok. But now I gotta say it's pretty shitty when you think about it.
>>
I remember falling asleep in the theater.

I remember my dad being like "wow that was a big let down"

I remember my brother shouting about how it was a bad movie with cool parts
>>
>>62975134
Didn't understand a thing.
>>
I remember finding jar jar binks very annoying and feeling pretty sad when darth mall died though tbqh I didn't understand what the fuck I just watched and was taken by force by my parents.
>>
I bought Star Wars Racer for the n64. The game has a better plot than the movie even though the game had no plot.
>>
>>62975134
I absolutely loved it. Bought shitloads of the toys and loved Star Wars since then.
>>
>>62975705
yeah that one dimensional character with no backstory, character development, or even dialogue was so cool

you literally could have replaced him with a robot that didnt do anything but swing a lightsaber around in a random pattern and nothing would have changed
>>
I think i remembered being bored as fuck and wondering what all this star wars hype was about.

then my older brother showed me a new hope and I became obsessed with the original trilogy. episode 2 was pretty boring, episode 3 was alright. even as a kid I always felt like the originals were better.
>>
I was born in 2004 and came here from reddit after being linked to a TOP 10 TERRIFYING POSTS FROM 4CHAN video. What codeword for minority murder is this thread using?
>>
>>62979690
>>62981621
have a drive in near me too
so fucking goat
pissed me off a few years back when they switched from those boxes you clip to your windo to just owning a local radio channel and bursting the audio out on those
>>
I was 19 at the time. Grew up loving the OT and all my friends and I were psyched as hell to see a new Star Wars in the theater. I remember being horribly disappointed. When we left the theater we all had the same disappointing feeling that it wasn't worth waiting so long for that turd.

The shitty kid actor (this was the same year that the kid in Sixth Sense was being considered for an Oscar nomination, so there was no excuse). The annoyance of Jar Jar. The racist caricature Trade Federation. The Jew bug Watoo. The idiotic story elements. Midichlorians. Anakin having no father like Jesus. Who the fuck elects a queen? Anakin builds C3P0 but neither remember each other later? The shitty dialogue, delivered nearly monotone from most of the actors. The goddamn parade at the end.

Believe it or not we even had problems with the CGI back then.

It was shit, just . . . shit.

Worst feeling in my life to that point.

Met up with one of my buddies from back then a few weeks ago. We both have kids of our own who are psyched for the new movie who can't understand why we aren't all that excited for the new movie. I hope my kids never experience that level of anticipation and disappointment in their lives. (inb4 "with a dad still on 4chan, they probably will").
>>
DAILY REMINDER THAT THEIR WILL BE A NEW STAR WARS MOVIE EVERY FUCKING YEAR, EVERY FUCKING YEAR
>>
File: luffygarpz.jpg (54 KB, 735x503) Image search: [Google]
luffygarpz.jpg
54 KB, 735x503
>>62975134

Pic related.
>>
>>62975134
i remember the excitement
sitting in the theater eating popcorn and drinking soda talking excitedly with my brothers about it
remember getting really excited when it started,

remember almost jumping up and down when they turn their lightsabers on in the misty room

i remember being ok with it right up to jar jar, but still not hating it figuring he was just a local and would be moving on soon

i think i started losing interest around the time they got to tatoine or however you spell it. by the movies end i was still watching but no hype was left, when it ended all i could think was that was a bit of a let down
really just thought it was me, but i remember hearing murmurs as people left, there was no excited talking or bunches of people having conversations like other movie have, everyone just kind of left. dad actually liked it, which is weird him being a huge star wars nerd, he said something about jar jar being misunderstood and how it was just setting up the trilogy and how alot of things would come back into play later
which of course they never did
>>
I was eight. Vacationing in Hawaii.

My uncle spoiled me about Palpatine and Anakin. Became uninterested about the franchise after that. The fights were cool but I don't get the politics bullshit.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.