[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, why was Dexter so good in season 4 but was shit-tier season
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: dexter.jpg (369 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
dexter.jpg
369 KB, 1366x768
So, why was Dexter so good in season 4 but was shit-tier season 5 and onward?

Seriously. What happened?
>>
>>62973982
It was supposed to end at season 4, but they wanted more money so they kept going. I believe they changed the writers because of this too
>>
Lumen
>>
Writers left
>>
>>62974030
Why?

>>62974029
That was season 6, explain why Season 5 wasn't Dexter going crazy, going on the run+getting caught+getting executed
>>
>>62973982
Mexican soap opera was the last season I watched. Is it worth it to finish off the series?
>>
>>62974111
you mean miguel? If so, watch season 4, it's GOAT /tv/-approved
>>
>>62974044
Lumen was season 5.
>>
>>62974138
Wasn't miguel 4?
>>
>>62974177
Nope, that's why the watch order is Season 1/2/4, skip 3

4 is Trinity
5 is the motivational speaker faggot
6 is the christfag
>>
>>62974177
1 was Dexter's bro'
2 was a girl whose name I forgot
3 was Miguel
4 was Trinity, an old guy
5 was Lumen
6 the religious retard dude
7 a literal faggot
8 pure shit
>>
>>62974177
MIGUEEEEEEEEL
>>
>>62974206
Just keep in mind that the season 7 gangster faggot was literally the best part of the season

It's a shame he didn't stick around. It's a cruel world where they keep Lumen around but they get rid of based gay gangster dude
>>
>>62974200
>>62974138
>>62974206
Oh right I watched Trinity. Not sure how I forgot, it was great. I started watching the next one but I just kinda stopped 2-3 episodes in.

Wasn't 2 Bay Harbour Butcher?
>>
>>62974177
Miguel is 3. Trinity is 4. I'm pretty sure it's also where the "you're waifu a shit" banner came from.
>>
>>62973982
Because MONEY

Season 4 was a perfect ending.

Season 8 has got to be the WORST season of any show ever, with the most retarded finale ever, i mean fucking ever
>>
>>62974254
1 was brother
2 was doakes

>>62974284
4 is the perfect ending as is, but it would've been nice to get an epilogue where Dexter gets caught and is chased by the department
>>
>>62974301
One more thing, it would've been nice to have angel (father) and devil (ITK) on his shoulder, would've been a nice dynamic to mess around with instead of that one episode which was LITERAL FANSERVICE
>>
>>62974254
Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher technically. It's just, indeed, that he used Doakes as a scapegoat by pretending he was a serial killer.
>>
>>62974386
Yeah, I was responding to

>2 was a girl whose name I forgot
>>
>>62973982
>Seriously. What happened?

The Showrunner, Clyde Phillips, left after season 4 and a head writer did too.

One of the co-producers took over for season 5 and then Scott Buck became Showrunner for 6-8

I hate the Scott Buck years, every plot was horse shit.
>Season 6 big bad was Colin Hanks' imaginary friend
>Season 7 was Dexter finding love
>Season 8 was Dexter finding family

Scott Buck also got rid of Dexter's 2 adopted kids and had him saying at the same time what a great father he was over and over.

So what happened to Dexter? Scott Buck happened.
>>
>>62974940
>Clyde Phillips
Why did they leave? Didn't he feel some sort of obligation to finish the story he was telling?

I mean, he won awards and shit for it.
>>
>>62975041
Not sure, I know he left to spend more time with his family and his IMD page has a few year break between Dexter and his work on Nurse Jackie for it's last 3 years so my best guess is family issues.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.