[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is so fucking dumb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
This is so fucking dumb
>>
Yes, it is. Why are you posting it again?
>>
It's 2015 holy fuck why would I watch the prequels
>>
Dellow fellagates!

XD
>>
>>62973100

Revisionist history the meme.

>Jar Jar apologists
>>
I actually really like the idea. As a comic relief, Jar Jar was terrible. But as the "key to it all", he was fucking amazing.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 848x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 848x476
>>62973138

>it's 2015
>>
Jar Jar is a sith is just more dumb neckbeards trying to tell themselves the prequels didn't have tons of garbage just meant to rope children into the franchise. SO MUCH of Episode 1 was a blatant kids movie (moreso than the other Star Wars).

Episode 1 needed to rope in that young audience to maintain interest across the span of the prequel trilogy.
>>
>>62973169
I really love it as a theory for shits and giggles. I hope no one is taking it seriously because it's so obviously wrong.
>>
>>62973100

And yet you choose to post about it, you should join the Enquirer
>>
Jar Jar does have yellow creepy eyes like other siths.
>>
File: treefrogeyes.jpg (248 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
treefrogeyes.jpg
248 KB, 800x533
>>62973332
It's almost like he's amphibious
>>
Jar Jar being important might be a complete revisionist fabrication, but it's far more interesting than the prequels in general.
>>
>>62973264
no, it's a bad joke made by redditors
>>
>>62973290
Can you point out some flaws? Not a big Star Wars fan, this is just a passing interest for me.
>>
>>62973519
Not him, but the theory is basically just cherry picking, there's no real proof to anything the guy is saying. Or, to put it how some Anon said in a previous thread, it's eisegesis.
>>
>>62973567
>eisegesis.

Kind of like shmee maiman, masketta man?
>>
File: 6163161543.png (103 KB, 1178x338) Image search: [Google]
6163161543.png
103 KB, 1178x338
The voice actor confirmed it.
>>
>>62973264
>movie ends with happy ending
>movie ends with furry midgets celebrating victory over giant technologically advanced civilization
>this is adult entertainment for adults with discerning taste that comes with age as one has when being an adult
>>
>>62973100
It was a joke made on reddit which the eternally autistic fanbase took it far too seriously and now people are actually discussing this because they're fucking retards.
>>
>>62973660
>>this is adult entertainment for adults with discerning taste that comes with age as one has when being an adult

But just yesterday someone said it's a kids movie
>>
>>62973264
and yet episode 1 was more entertaining then episode 2 or 3
>>
>>62973100
I thought that too until I saw him mouthing the words other characters are saying

As a fully CGI character, every movement is deliberate, including his mouth.
>>
>>62973100
It would of been genius if he would of followed through with it and executed it properly. The whole reason people hate jar jar is they thought ht was a dupey character brought in to get more kids to come and to sell more kid friendly products. If his character was that ridiculous and over the top on purpose to fool everyone including the audience it would of been great.
>>
>>62973629
>give me attention
>>
>yfw it's revealed that Jar Jar is the new Emperor
>>
>>62973597
Eisegesis:
>Eisegesis is the process of interpreting a text or portion of text in such a way that the process introduces one's own presuppositions, agendas, or biases into and onto the text. This is commonly referred to as 'reading into' the text. The act is often used to "prove" a pre-held point of concern to the reader and to provide him or her with confirmation bias in accordance with his or her pre-held agenda. Eisegesis is best understood when contrasted with exegesis. While exegesis is the process of drawing out the meaning from a text in accordance with the context and discoverable meaning of its author, eisegesis occurs when a reader imposes his or her interpretation into and onto the text. As a result, exegesis tends to be objective when employed effectively while eisegesis is regarded as highly subjective.

Anyways the theory is redditgesis
>>
>>62973677
They're wrong. the Star Wars franchise has always been an enriching story full of situations that challenge preconceptions of the world around, social interactions, and man vs technology vs nature.
>>
File: 250px-Emperor_jar_jar.jpg (19 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
250px-Emperor_jar_jar.jpg
19 KB, 250x187
>yousa people has undermin missa for da last time
>>
>>62973811

So yes?
>>
>>62973985
What was the question?
>>
>>62973684
>mouthing the words
except he wasn't at all, have you never played a video game? characters that aren't doing anything are given some kind of ambient movements to not just be frozen on screen when they aren't doing anything, which is what it looks like every time he is "mouthing" something
>>
I liked the point by the original redditor that Jar Jar being a powerful sith would "rhyme" with Yoda pretending to be dumb and goofy at first in the original trilogy.
Jar Jar is also the opposite to Yoda in appearence and by being very athletic.
Or maybe he was going to turn out to be a jedi and he would be the one to fight Dooku at the end of Episode II?
>>
File: 1447732034679_Excited.jpg (104 KB, 594x633) Image search: [Google]
1447732034679_Excited.jpg
104 KB, 594x633
>>62973100
Jar Jar pretended to accident drop that wrench into Anakin's podracer thus "forcing" him to use his powers for self fullfillment turning him closerer to the dak side
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.