[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i watched pic related a couple days ago on cinemoi and i really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: indochine.jpg (117 KB, 450x687) Image search: [Google]
indochine.jpg
117 KB, 450x687
i watched pic related a couple days ago on cinemoi and i really liked it, /tv/ do you have any decent love films to recommend or any decent films set in indochina
>>
>>62967373
The Quiet American. The original 1950s one, mind you. It has scenes filmed in South Vietnam, after the French left, but before the Americans moved in.
>>
>>62967399
im so glad the faggot memers dont know where indochina is
>>
>>62967399
>scenes in vietnam
are the purposes of those scenes to show the war and the socio-political and or military impact america has there?
>>
File: media.jpg (244 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
media.jpg
244 KB, 600x800
>>
>>62967485
>before the Americans moved in
The movie is set during the last months of French rule. Since there was a brief moment of peace before the Vietcong started to fuck shit up in the South, the film crew could actually shoot at the original locations (at least in the South).
>>
>>62967496
is this film heavier on the destruction around them or their love
>>
>>62967522
my bad i meant french impact but thanks on the insight
>>
>>62967557
ah, right then. Well, it's no ciméma verité, it's literally just random action scenes (such as they were in the fifties), that they could do, say, in the middle of crowded Saigon.
>>
>>62967603
>ciméma verité
never heard of that, sounds cool. i'm going to make a thread about it
>>
>>62967458
What does this even mean?
>>
>>62967714
>What does this even mean?
where is indochina, and tell me whats so popular about it
>>
>>62967681
> i'm going to make a thread about it
Absolute madman, you actually did it.
>>
>>62967748
contribute to the other thread my dude
>>
>>62967732
Thailand, nothing. And I'm a Hmong.
>>
>>62967772
I only shitpost.
>>
>>62967792
but why, there are so many beautiful things in the world and you choose to live your life deliberately making dumb posts for attention and laughs.
>>
>>62967846
Because this is 4chan, not reddit.
>>
>>62967887
>4chan, not reddit.
that argument is why this thread wont get above 30 replies, btw i know this is bait
>>
>>62967932
>being this buttblasted.

You can always leave, this thread will get no replies because it's a shit thread. The OP is cancer.
>>
>>62967965
>it's a shit thread. The OP is cancer.
but how? how am i cancer? im not shitposting, or posting memes or anything.

i will agree i'm ignorant when it comes to films set in a specific region of the world but how deos that put me at the same level as people who post "SHEEV" all day.
>>
>>62968051
Just look at the way you are typing, the way you articulate yourself. It reeks of pseudo-intellectual bullshit like a reddit post. You don't have thick skin, and you think meme's and shitposting are the cancer. The true discussion happens in-between the shitposting. Also we aren't your recommendation machines, fucking use google and lurk more.

Your name is also 'OP'.
>>
>>62968112
if my name get's you upset then be bootyblasted

>The true discussion happens in-between the shitposting. Also we aren't your recommendation machines
BARELY, and by that i mean like an extremely barely. Shit dont you have any films to recommend, its better than not doing anything. I'm only asking /tv/ to see if anyone has a similar interest in films set in indochina that doesn't involve war.

>you dont have thick skin
is me responding to accusation mean i have thin skin, by the way when you look up "films set in indochina" you find war films
>>
>>62968112
this desu.

>>62968051
you want to know more about movies set in this certain geographic location, but it seems from what you've typed that you don't know much about it in the first place.
>>
>>62967681
>never heard of that
wew lad
>>
File: Untitled.png (97 KB, 1892x868) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
97 KB, 1892x868
>>62968259
Literally one second of googling "films set in indo china" and I found a wiki page with the exact image in your OP.

You're an absolute newfag, this is probably your first week on 4chan. Fuck off and lurk more until you are accepted.
>>
>>62968274
much about the movies or anything about the terrority
>>
File: btfo.jpg (26 KB, 640x284) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
26 KB, 640x284
>>62967373

Wreaths at the Foot of the Mountain.

It is the Chinese equivalent of The Deer Hunter, The Thin Red Line and Hamburger Hill all rolled into one.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.