[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>George: So, yeah, I've been thinking... I went ahead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: BxpD3.jpg (18 KB, 401x271) Image search: [Google]
BxpD3.jpg
18 KB, 401x271
>George: So, yeah, I've been thinking... I went ahead and jotted down some notes for the new Star Wars movie if you guys wanna take a look...
>Disney: Actually, George, no thanks. We're going in a different direction with this new one
>George: O-oh....okay. Yeah, that's totally cool, I'm super busy right now anyway. Wouldn't have time to work on the new Star Wars because I just have SO MANY other things going on right now, but thanks anyway. Actually, you know what? I'm totally done with Star Wars anyway. Yeah, it's probably time for me to move on. Been thinking about it for a while now actually and I think now would be a good time to move on, so thanks anyway. I'll talk to you guys later. btw, I still think Jar Jar was a great character even though everyone else disagrees

Can we keep getting interviews with good ole George? They've been nothing but pure comedy gold recently.
>>
"Yeah, that's totally cool, I'm super busy right now anyway"

kek
>>
>>62967179
super busy doing what? rolling around in a huge pile of hundred dollar bills and giggling to himself?

trying to get droidekkars to trim the lawns around Skywalker ranch without killing anyone?
>>
It was Lucas' idea to have the old cast return 40 years later.
>>
>>62969457
i think he has a kid or something
>>
>>62969472
He also wanted them to be background characters and have the new ones be front and center. Disney decided to do the opposite.
>>
>>62970184
They are background.

Booyega and Ridley are the main characters.
>>
They dropped it in a wastebasket right in front of him and then turned their backs and walked away. None of them even laughed about it.
>>
>>62967133
In the interview he basically said that Disney shut him out of the process and didn't want him working on it.

It's probably the best for his own sanity that he's not the custodian of Star Wars any more.
>>
>>62969472
Wow who would ever think of that? and its not like most of them were begging for it to happen either.
>>
File: strange-magicBANNER.jpg (599 KB, 700x369) Image search: [Google]
strange-magicBANNER.jpg
599 KB, 700x369
>>62969457

FROM THE MIND OF GEORGE LUCAS
>>
>>62970227
>and its not like most of them were begging for it to happen either.
I know you're being sarcastic but most of them have rather full careers outside of Star Wars.
>>
>>62970184
Eh, the old cast will be mostly/partially killed off in this and the next movie.
>>
>>62970252
>The film's opening weekend box office debut of $5.5 million is one of the worst ever for a film opening at 3,000+ theaters.
>>
File: freg.jpg (12 KB, 354x352) Image search: [Google]
freg.jpg
12 KB, 354x352
>>62970252
>From the mind of
Jesus Christ
>>
I literally would rather have seen a new Lucas Star Wars than the one that's coming out.
>>
>>62970252
After Star Wars he worked on:

Indiana Jones 4
Red Tails
Strange Magic

Judge that record for yourself
>>
>>62970252
Jesus, how awful.
>>
>>62970525
This.
>>
>>62970360
lol they dont get Harrison Ford money. Theyve been starving for that.
>>
>>62970360
>I know you're being sarcastic
Glad to see youre only slightly autistic
>>
>>62970534
parttime
>>
>>62970710
Carrie Fisher doesn't. But Mark Hammil gets pretty good money off his VA career.
>>
>>62970747
>So what are you, like 80?
>PARTIME
>>
>>62970760
He also wont age out of doing VA, as long as he can sit in a chair and talk he can keep working.
>>
>>62970534

Red Tails was pretty solid. I don't see why he didn't make more movies like that, or American Graffiti. He could do ANYTHING he wanted, he didn't have to make absurd bullshit.
>>
>>62970989
Have yo watched the prequels making of?
He didn't do anything, he just hired people to do things in the most bizarre way possible.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.