[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about the Hunger GamerGate movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: F469iII (1).gif (500 KB, 500x185) Image search: [Google]
F469iII (1).gif
500 KB, 500x185
What do you guys think about the Hunger GamerGate movies?
>>
I'm under obligation to see the newest one and I'm not looking forward to it.
>>
>>62966951
Read the books in an attempt to impress a grill. Saw the first movie with her. It was ok. Nothing came of it with her, didn't see the second. Recently caught the third movie on cable and realized what shit it all was.
>>
I've seen the first two. It's pretty unoriginal. I liked the atmosphere though, I guess. It looks good being really mediocre.
>>
>>62968337
>pretty unoriginal
this, desu. Everything cool about them, I saw in another movie.
>>
I've seen that actress with her face plastered with cum.
>>
I find them quite amusing when I reflect on how the author ripped off "The King Must Die", by Mary Renault.
>>
Only saw the first movie, it was insanely long to me, like I don't think they get on the Island and start killing each other until an hour in. Also her love interest in that movie is fucking worthless as a character, I mean all he does is paint his face as a tree and then gets hurt.

Meh, not as bad as Twilight although not as ironically funny.
>>
>>62966951
muh guilty pleasure.
>>
Dropped it after Lenny Kravitz started talking about dresses before that fat chick was going to Battle Royale.
>>
Watched all 4 of them with my dad at the theater when they were new
had a good time

Little disappointed peeta won
>>
>>62966951
Pssht, I liked it better when it was called Battle Royale.
>>
tween fiction dreck
>>
>>62966951
The newest one is actually pretty good
I don't understand why they invaded the capital city though. Why not just lay a siege and starve them out.
>>
>>62968544
>Lenny Kravitz

I like how everyone in the capital looks weird, but he looks like he always looks.

>>62966951
I like that the girl cries a lot and is pretty worthless aside from being pretty good with the bow. It's a bad movie, but it has a realistic "strong woman", she only goes to protect her sister, her personality is shit, and has te be saved first by a drunk guy and then the smart manlet, in the second movie she keeps being pretty dumb and doesnt understand the political game, and everybody knows more than her and end up crying in the floor of some weird ship, she is pretty fcuked up, in the third one she is even more dumb, she is a selfish idiot that doesnt want to ACT (since it was just that, a dumb act, no one expected anything of her).

They are bad movies, but is nice to see a strong women that is not a angelina jolie mary sue.
>>
>yfw she shoots lady military leader instead of president snow
>>
It's only slightly better than an MCU capeshit
>>
>>62970824

Does capeshit refer to any superhero movie or a specific modern genre of action movie?
>>
>>62970907
Superhero movie
>>
>>62970942

So if there's something that has the same smug fast paced tone of modern marvel movies but doesn't feature superheroes, am I allowed to call it capeshit?
>>
>>62968465
Post the pic
>>
>>62966951
Too long. Interesting concept, but it takes over an hour for the actual games to start in the first one, the second is no better and the other two don't even have Hunger Games in them. The shitty romance bullshit doesn't help the apoeal either.
>>
>>62970957
Only if the movie refers to itself as a superhero movie
>>
>The Hunger Games
It was ok. Not amazing, but at least it felt like fresh, original material. It wasn't, because it was based on a book, but whatever. It felt nice.

>Catching Fire
Pretty much the same exact movie as the first one, except everything's more EXTREME. The scenes where they're in the actual games are ruined by the fact that it's not really just a test of survival skills anymore. It's full-blown action where the people monitoring the games are doing everything in their power to kill Katniss.

>Mockingjay: Part 1
Boring as shit. Literally nothing happens for the entire movie. A few laughably bad scenes like the ballroom scene and the part where all the resistance guys are rushing the armed guards and getting absolutely nowhere because district 13 won't provide them with weapons for some reason. I liked the very last bit where Peeta strangles Katniss, but other than that, this movie had nothing for me.

>Mockingjay: Part 2
I'm very glad somebody forced me to see this one, because otherwise I probably wouldn't have. This movie was great. Easily the best of this terrible series. The whole thing feels like a "Saving Private Ryan"-type of movie with the small group of main characters infiltrating this city and avoiding mines and traps. There's actual emotion and things happening. There are so many things happening, which is completely unlike Mockingjay: Part 1. The tiger lady was so fucking weird that I even loved that. I honestly have very few complaints about Mockingjay: Part 2. The only thing I wish they did differently was the very last scene. When Peeta asks Katniss if her loving him is real and she says yes, that should be the end of the movie. Fade to black right there, cut to credits. Instead, we got one more retarded scene where we have to see Katniss and Peeta's kids. Other than that, I loved the movie.
>>
>>62966951
I have a question. Why make a gif if it is literally 3 fps? It's practically a jpeg at that point.
>>
my gf wants to see it so I'm taking her

I don't think they're terrible, way better than Divergent or Maze Runner or whatever YA garbage they dump into theaters these days
>>
>>62971959

tumblr doesn't understand the fundamental purpose of motion
>>
>>62971959
its a tumblr gif. tumblr has a ridiculously low limit on gif file sizes IIRC
>>
>>62966951
needs more BBC
>>
Is Katniss the least likeable protagonist of all time?
>>
>>62970806
why did she do that
>>
>>62972115
She was transforming into a dictator
How do you misunderstand YA?
>>
>>62972115

Because she was showing signs of being just as bad as Snow, especially the part where she didn't want to say how long she'd be acting president and she suggests keeping the hunger games around to prevent an uprising
>>
>>62972093
No, but she's up there. >>62971941 here and I was actually thinking about this a lot while watching Mockingjay 2.

She seems to blame all of her problems on Snow even though we don't see him do much that constitutes demonizing him to such a degree. That's kind of touched on though in Mockingjay 2 though when she gets on of her squad mates killed because she lied and claimed they were on a mission to assassinate Snow.

>>62972115
Snow was going to die either way, and Julianne Moore was already preparing to do another fucking Hunger Games. She could tell that even though Snow was about to die, Julianne Moore would basically keep the same reign of tyranny alive.
>>
I kind of wished that katniss was stuck alone instead of peeta being the endgame
it would have made more sense if she was portrayed as so broken that she couldn't work with either of them
Making out with two different boys in the same day is not something a mentally sane person does
>>
That I should watch them someday.
>>
>>62966951
I tried to watch the first movie of the series, but the whole time I was thinking of JLaw's butthole and I couldn't concentrate in the plot.
>>
>>62972220
Yeah, but Peeta was literally broken. He's extremely forgetful and occasionally breaks out into a murderous rage.

Also, I don't think Katniss is supposed to be portrayed as being incapable of managing romantic relationships. Keep in mind that these movies are supposed to appeal to teenagers. I think the idea is that teenage girls are supposed to be able to relate to Katniss.
>>
>>62972266

Two boys fawning over her with her pick of which one she actually wants to stay with?

Makes sense I guess
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.