[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From his age he would have been fighting nazis in the war if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 543x271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 543x271
From his age he would have been fighting nazis in the war if he is American. So are you telling me 20 years later he is a full blown nazi?

Wheres the logic with this stuff?

Did the US have a lot of nazi symphatizer soldiers originally?
>>
File: German_American_Bund_NYWTS.jpg (96 KB, 616x281) Image search: [Google]
German_American_Bund_NYWTS.jpg
96 KB, 616x281
baka gaijin
>>
I imagined that he fought against them for a bit but when the allies were defeated he, like everyone else , were absorbed into the German ranks. Then he spent much longer fighting with Germans in the African campaign.
>>
>>62965500
The Kennedy family were NAZI supporters
>>
File: man-in-the-high-castle-sewell.jpg (177 KB, 970x777) Image search: [Google]
man-in-the-high-castle-sewell.jpg
177 KB, 970x777
>>62965500
They had a smsll American Bund to act as the nucleus of the loyal Nazi occupation force. I don't think they've mentioned the American civil war over whether to keep fighting the Axis powers or surrender. Sewell's character, Smith was high up in the pro-surrender camp, and became a public hero.
>>
>>62965500
Read "The American Axis."
>>
>>62965500
>Did the US have a lot of nazi symphatizer soldiers originally?

In real history there were a lot of people who were pro-Nazi in the United States, especially while Hitler was still in the process of pulling Germany out of the Great Depression.

Not to mention there is a significant portion of the American population that can trace it's ancestry back to Germany.

There was even a town built in the Long Island region of NY (where this character lives) that had names like Heinrich Himmler Street.

Also note that the US declaration of war was only against Japan. It was Hitler who declared war on the US in response to our declaration of war on Japan.
>>
The guy who started the American Nazi Party fought against Germany in WW2. George L Rockwell
>>
OP is a retard ofc but the casting on this show was really great. Smith especially. Julianne/Joe were boring cutouts of people but that's accurate to the book.
>>
>>62965992
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/20/nyregion/query-for-home-buyers-in-a-long-island-hamlet-are-you-german.html
>>
The point of divergence was earlier, 1933 in the books, and it caused a lengthier depression with a weaker american state, and presumably a stronger in-house fascist movement that was disgruntled by the weakness of status quo government.
>>
>>62965865
Are you getting this somewhere or assuming? If you're making it up, I don't mind, it makes sense to me
>>
>>62966774

Ok that makes sense. If the seed for this transition was explained more clearly I can definitely see that happening.

Smith's loyalty just seems so authentic he seems like the kind of guy who would never had been a normal US soldier before.
>>
>>62966786
Not making it up, just read a report from Comic-Con discussion with stars of the show
talking about differences between the novel and the show.
>>
>>62965500
If all information coming from europe didn't go through england in ww1&ww2, we would have a very different image of germans during that time frame. Those english fucks were brilliant when it came to propaganda.
>>
>>62965500
>Did the US have a lot of nazi symphatizer soldiers originally?
Yes.
>>
OP here. Looks like I underestimated the level of nazi in the americans.

Very informative. Makes sense now that they would have the ability to have loyal soldiers in high ranking positions.

What would be interesting is to see a true german nazi from berlin meet with one of the ones in the US for comparison in the show -- are they still depicted as the total psycho monsters or have they changed due to the fact the war is over for 20 years
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.