[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good movies about Islam where it isn't about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14
File: ia.webm (3 MB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
ia.webm
3 MB, 568x320
Are there any good movies about Islam where it isn't about terrorism or extremism? Just a Muslim in his day to day life?

webm sort of related
>>
>Muslim in his day to day life
>terrorism or extremism

They're not the same thing?
>>
>>62965172
No, plenty of Muslims just want to fuck boys in the ass when they're horny. They enjoy good food, boybutt and swimming. They don't want to blow shit up.
>>
>>62965113
Maybe the reason they don't take women outside is to have an excuse to fuck little boys
>too bad there's no girls around, guess we'll have to fuck this boy
>>
Kingdom of Heaven
Black Hawk Down
The Hurt Locker
>>
>>62965113
Terrorism is their day to day life.
>>
File: 1442741142947.jpg (4 KB, 121x125) Image search: [Google]
1442741142947.jpg
4 KB, 121x125
>>62965113
my sides
>>
>>62965113
Muslim isn't a race.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 576x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 576x304
>>62965113

Lila Says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUUVfMv5ozc
>>
>>62965202
>. They don't want to blow shit up.
Wrong. At a fundamental level Islam demands it, this muslim you speak of just hasn't blown anything up *yet*
>>
>>62965113
>Just a Muslim in his day to day life?

What.. You mean like a terrorist?
>>
just watch middle eastern cinema

farhadi
kiarostami
etc
>>
>no women around?
>fuck little boys instead

>invited to fuck a little boy in the ass?
>cant very well refuse now can I

It doesn't work like that.
>>
>>62965113
Persepolis isn't religious but it's about a little girl growing up in Iran.

The Iranian New Wave apparently generated alot of good movies but I haven't seen any yet.
>>
>>62965113
Someone redpill me on the Middle East.
I saw pictures of various places from 50 years and it seemed like a completely normal, functioning society, there were women even wearing skirts and no headdresses.
So what the fuck happened?
Why don't these people wake up and realise they don't have to live like that.
>>
>>62969516
I'm not an expert but I'm guessing shit got destabilized, Russia
Islamic extremists got the in
>>
>>62969516
>So what the fuck happened?

What do you think?
>>
>>62969407
Actually, within the semantics of that kind of thinking, that's exactly how it works.

>Can't hang out with women and have cool sex with them?
>Hang out with boys and have cool sex with them instead

>Wanna fuck this boy?
>Well, why would I refuse? I don't want to look like a faggot, now do I?

It's societal as fuck.
>>
>>62969516
The Power of Nightmares by adam curtis
>>
>>62969548
No you dumb faggot, if you're straight you would not fuck a little boy in the ass no matter how desperate you are, the subhuman sandnigger is just making excuses for his degenerate behavior.
>>
>>62969516
European colonial powers fucked up and created nations that didn't make sense.
See: Iraq.
>>
>>62969529
>russia
>not usa
>>
>>62969516

Islam is in it's core fascist and ultraorthodox and can't be reformed.
Islamic societies will secularise, because that is in human nature, but also bounce back to the middle ages because that is the nature of Islam.
>>
File: 1444123062821.png (766 KB, 1646x926) Image search: [Google]
1444123062821.png
766 KB, 1646x926
>>
>>62965202
Muslims blowing shit up is a metaphor for getting sweet boypussy
>>
>>62969516
Islam lost cultural war against christian world and instead of thinking "well maybe our way of thinkin os kind of obsolete maybe we should modernise like christians" they thought "We weren't pious enough we must radicalize".

I analyze this shit for living I know what I'm saying.
>>
Innocence of Muslims
American Sniper
13 Hours
Borat
>>
>>62969607
Do you feel like many people are beginning to leave religion behind?
>>
>>62969607
can you recommend a primer summary of the region? pls
>>
>>62969591
This. Islam is an Arabic supremacy ideology with the Arab as the center of creation.
>>
>>62969516
I don't know what pictures you're talking about, from where I'm standing that region has always been a clusterfuck.
>>
>>62965113
NO HOMO AKBAR
>>
File: 1448231807435.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1448231807435.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>62969640
>Borat
was borat muslim? idk but lol
>>
>>62969607
From what I understand the only thing coming close to a direct clash between Islam and Christianity was The Crusades. Besides that the religions are largely indifferent to eachother.

And it's a bit dubious to say that Christianity has "modernized".
>>
Watch some iranian or turkish films maybe?
>>
>>62969516
pro-West monarchies that were created after WW1 were overthrown in revolutions that promoted pan-Arabism, which in turn meant that haram things like education, women's suffrage, freedom of speech, etc. had to be done away with

not to say the monarchies were perfect, they were fucking shitty and corrupt to the core, but at least they tried to modernize their countries
>>
>>62969593
Source on this please
>>
>>62969725
It's >Vice, but it's one of their few good stories. It's "This is What Winning Looks Like"

https://youtu.be/Ja5Q75hf6QI?t=52m16s
>>
File: 1441937912465.jpg (87 KB, 400x499) Image search: [Google]
1441937912465.jpg
87 KB, 400x499
>>62965113
>muh sex

when will liberals stop talking about sex?
>>
>>62969665
It's fucked Jim
>>
>>62969704
Nominal "Christian" powers did clash with Islam just a century ago during the first world war. Most of the Muslim world was under a single caliphate: the Ottoman Empire. The Ottoman Empire was in severe decline and was fighting with Russia with territory and thus they make an unholy alliance with Germany (Central Powers) in some effort to gain lost prestige -- or maybe it was just an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation. Whatever the case, they picked the wrong side. They lost, got their shit kicked in by the Allies, and their empire fell apart. The Allies then carved up the former Ottoman Empire for themselves, making artificial vassal states/protectorates. And that's basically the genesis for the Middle Eastern crisis today.
>>
File: Heilige Kriege.jpg (147 KB, 1584x1584) Image search: [Google]
Heilige Kriege.jpg
147 KB, 1584x1584
>>62969704

Islam always tried to conquer Christendom.
North Africa and parts of the Middle East were Christian before Islam and they even conquered parts of Iberia and Southern Italy in the early middle ages.
>>
File: thelibyans.webm (2 MB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
thelibyans.webm
2 MB, 1280x694
>>62965113
Back to the Future
>>
>>62969569
Your quaint, arbitrarily defined, and quite western concepts of human sexuality are noted.
>>
>>62969996
This image is meant to show hypocrisy but all I can think is 'come on Europe step it up.'
>>
>>62969935
I like how basically everything wrong with the world today is because of word war 1.
>>
>>62969376
Kiarostami movies are generally avant guarde and Farhadi is a genre director, hardly solid examples.
>>
>>62969607
being this retarded

>>62969516
tl;dr

>Ottoman empire falls
>Lets carve up random states said the Western powers
>Lets intervene in the area and generally destabilize it so we can have oil (see: Mossadeq and CIA)
>Area destabilized
>hotbed for extremism
>allah akbar Khomeini enters the field
>Fuck the West considering they bent us over and plowed our boypussy

it's all very logical really.
>>
>>62970164
That's a glass half empty way of looking at it. We know that war has caused humans to progress at an exponential rate. There is no greater motivation than wanting to kill another tribe of human beings it seems. Well, my point is, had the world wars and cold war not happened, then there's a strong possibility that we would not be on this exponential growth right now. So that's why I don't like alternate history folks. You have to concede that all the actions in this universe had to happen in the way/order that they did for our world to be the exact way that it is.
>>
>>62969665
>>62969607
op pls
>>
>>62970164
world war 1 AND FDR
Literally all modern day evil is rooted in these things
>>
>>62970255
>>Ottoman empire falls
because it was shit, not the west's fault
>>
>>62969996
>>62970125
Not only that, but if instead of "Crusades" it said "Christian conquest battle" then all of Germany, the Baltic, East Europe, and Spain would be aflame in red.
>>
>>62970125
>Muslims sturm Europe for hundreds of years
>Europe still numero uno
>Europe hits muslim world a few times
>whole region turns to uninhabitable hellhole

I think the euros did pretty good despite the odds.
>>
>>62969935
That isn't strictly true: All of Islamic Africa was a colony or protectorate, Iran was independent, Muslims east of Iran were either independent or colonies, and Morocco was just kind hanging out. The Ottoman Caliphate wasn't recognized even entirely within the empire and they only controlled Anatolia, the Levant, Mesopotamia, and Hedjaz.
>>
>>62969516
>Iran in the 60s
>the chah doesn't want his country to fall in the same cycle Africa is getting itself into
>decide to try and modernize the country, get closer the occidental powers to carve its niche in the new age of global market
>has the natural ressources, has what it takes to put on a good educational system, what could possibly go wrong?
>reactionnaries show up, led by the first radical islamists
>get support from the USSR
>it could have gone right
>mollahs, ruining everything since the 1970s
>>
>>62969935
Okay, so what about the Arab tribes that allied with British forces to fight the Turks?
>>
>>62970327
I knew a history fag would correct some technicality. Well, yeah, but Bin Laden and his ilk cite the downfall of the Caliphate as one of their reasons to wage jihad against the West. Even if in practical terms, not much changed in the Muslim world, it suffices to say that it had a profound psychological shock. The Evil Infidels basically destroyed their equivalency of the Papacy which they hold dear (or so they claim).

I think it's fair to say, that things were better with a unified Muslim power. Now it's just some sectarian free-for-all chaos on those lands. Never good to have a power vacuum.
>>
>>62970102
hahaha fuck off back to tumblr, queer
>>
>>62970287
irrelevant
>>
>>62970388
Power grab in light of the Ottoman's decline. In any situation where a formerly powerful authority loses that power -- someone will rise up to take the crown. That's how human society works.
>>
>>62970388
I should add. Yeah, the Arabs logically choose real world politics over ideology. I would wager money and say that the Saudi ruling family are all secular if not atheist/agnostic. Their love is money/power -- worldly concerns.
>>
>>62970422
you're irrelevant
>>
>>62970459
dont take it personnel, kid
>>
>>62970394
There is a Caliphate.
>>
File: FROM CINDER TO CINDER.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FROM CINDER TO CINDER.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>62965113
>>62965172
>>62965202
>>62965237
>>62966761
>>62969251
>>62969516
>>62969607
>>62969759
This is fresh off the press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpU8-foA0E
>>
>>62970495
*pulls back trenchcoat revealing nunchaku tucked in belt*
you were saying?
>>
a separation. not about islsm but it has Muslims dealing with stuff
>>
The Message, it's about Muhammed (he's never shown on screen) and the early islamic kingdom he created.
>>
>>62970536
heh heh heh... your not bad, but *unsheathes katana* you can't stand against my true power. *licks blade* its been a long time since my blade feasted on blood of noob... this will be good *assumes yami no tetsuougi stance* your goin down! *dashes towards you and disappears*

*appears behind you as thousands of cuts appear in the air and cut you down* feel the power of my shadow jutsu... your nothing!!

*holds out katana and absorbs beam before using the extra power unleashing yami no UBERSLICE that totally destroys you* hehehahahaha your just to weak!!!
>>
>>62970562
Do you know who I am? I'm Madara Uchiha. Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.
>>
>>62970562
I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu.
>>
>>62970562
I’m definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye’s spinach. I’m talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye’s spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.
>>
>>62970287
I never implied that
>>
>>62970061
They were mad at doc because of a video.
>>
>>62970562
*you're eyes slowly open and as your field of vision comes into focus you see a figure standing over you*
GET UP! YOU'RE ALREADY ON PROBATION ONE MORE TARDY THIS MONTH AND YOU GET SUSPENDED...
*oh, heh, guess you fell asleep watching animes... again, mom sure has been in a bad mood lately...*
...AND SINCE YOU'RE FATHER LEFT I'M WORKING DOUBLE SHIFT SO I DON'T HAVE TIME TO PICK YOU UP FROM DETENTION...
*that bastard, how could he do this to us... was it me...*
*as you run out the door you notice a sound coming from upstairs, a faint bouncing of springs... you follow the sound back inside and it's louder now, is someone hurt!? that noise? pushing open the door you're eyes can't believe themselves... an anonymous man is thrusting into your (wow heh guess i didn't realize she still had her body going) mother from behind... pushing a NUNCHAKU?!!?!! into her sphincter*

*THAT DREAM... NO IT CAN'T BE... HE USED TELEPORT AND SMOKESCREEN + SLEEPING POWDER*

*as he cums inside her pussy you can hear her yelling with enthusiasm... he turns towards you... nothing personnel kid.*
>>
>>62965113
>we don't take woman around because we might get horny, so we sometimes fuck boys because we get horny

wut
>>
File: imagesthen-and-now4.jpg (87 KB, 597x522) Image search: [Google]
imagesthen-and-now4.jpg
87 KB, 597x522
>>62969516
In the 1970s, America struck the oil deal with the Saudis (who are Sunni extremists) and backed a revolution in Iran (who are Shia extremists). The Saudis and Iranians now promote ultra-conservative Islam in their own countries but also in their allies' countries. Before the 70s, Islamic countries were basically on their way to looking no different to the West.

>>62969607
>I analyze this shit for living I know what I'm saying.
Clearly you don't.
>>
File: 1448151540594.gif (308 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1448151540594.gif
308 KB, 300x169
>>62971081
>Before the 70s, Islamic countries were basically on their way to looking no different to the West.
it's been brought up several times in this thread the middle east tried to westernize but failed... and saying the collapse of the ottoman empire had nothing to do with the chaos in the region we see today is missing the larger picture.
>>
>>62971131
>it's been brought up several times in this thread the middle east tried to westernize but failed
Look at the pic, it basically WAS westernised.
>>
>>62965113
what the actual fuck is this? a doc?
>>
>>62971131
He didn't say the collapse of the Ottomans had shit too do with nothing, he's just adding more wood to the "this is why they suck now" fire.
>>
File: 1436056660979.png (90 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
1436056660979.png
90 KB, 618x618
>>62971173
>Look at the pic, it basically WAS westernised.
nice try
>>
>>62971223
>le Muslim countries were always backward shitholes
>>>/pol/
>>
>>62969759
>eddy morrety
every fucking time
>>
>>62965113
Absolute degeneracy.
>>
>>62966138

Jesus, what a beuatiful scene. You will never experinece this in real life please kill me now.
>>
>>62971239
>posting one picture of 5-6 people in an entire country means anything
>proves anything about a country
>erases the entire history
>doesn't actually make the point that westernization attempts failed
heh, back to reddit kid, don't take it personally
>>
>liberals support feminism, sexual liberation, homosexuality, etc.
>but support having more Muslims in their country, who stone women and gays

Can somebody explain this logic to me?
>>
>>62972085
cheese with your whine, sir?
>>
My name.is khan
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.