[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I NEVER saw the Star Wars movies before. Just watched the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I NEVER saw the Star Wars movies before. Just watched the first movie. (From the original OT)

I don't know why I never saw these. But I always thought it was some ultimate nerd shit when I was younger.
Now that I'm older I appreciate some things much more. And I was amazed by how much work they put in all the effects. Sure the cut I saw was the 2011 remaster I think?
There was alot of bad cgi but I enjoyed the actual movie. Are the sequels better and should I watch the prequels?
>>
>>62960873
>Are the sequels better and should I watch the prequels?
V is GOAT, VI is enjoyable but somewhat disappointing.
Watch the prequels if you really just want more Star Wars, there not as good as the OT though
>>
Fair amount of people I know said they never watched the movies because it looked nerdy. I'm pretty sure Star Wars is something with a much more universal appeal, you just gotta give the OT a chance and you'll probably like the series a little bit.
>>
The sequels are better imo.

Also yes the prequels are worth watching. They are not great but not exactly terrible either.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise
>>
Watch them in this order

4>5>2>3>6

there's a big plot twist that I'm sure you know but it will be preserved, explained, then resolved in that order
>>
>>62960923
I'm not one to complain alot.
But I hear alot of bad things about the prequels. I'm scared to watch them or os it just /tv/ with all the over reacting here it makes me wonder if the people here even like movies. This is my first thread. And I would like to know what you think of these movies.
Who is best/coolest character?
Best movie?
Best battle?
>>
>>62961012
That why I posted this thread. I absolutely enjoyed the first movie!
>>
>>62961063
Yeah sadly I know the plot twist, but I never saw ANYTHING from these movies.
Though I do remember some glimpses of episode 1. By your order I should skip that movie entirely? Why?
>>
>>62961103
Watch the prequels and form your own opinion. or go watch the plinkett prequel reviews
>>
>>62961103
Ep. III is the best by far, all the battles are good, they're the best part tb.h
>>
These movies are garbage you ant-intellect manchild.
>star wars 4
George Lucas is the master of oversimplification. All the characters in Star Wars are terribly black and white and not a single one even remotely leans towards the second dimension. The cheap trick to use plain text as exposition for the upcoming events is a slap in the face of cinema. The entire purpose of film is to convey stories through dialogue and images.Lucas doesn't get that.His writing skills are pre-school.
>star wars 5
The most over rated movie of all time. Pseudo nerds will have you believing that george lucas ruined this movie that was once so great even though they probably didnt even see the original version until after the new ones came out. You can find these geek posers at your local comic cons repeating everything plinkett says wearing there han shot first shirt thinking they sound like they know what there talking about, but take it from me these movies are on par with bollywood scifi shit dont waste your time.
>star wars 6
Let's see, for an adventure, the pacing is mostly off, with lots of periods where nothing happens, and even the action scenes are nothing special. The plot also seems fairly contrived. Say, since this is the final battle between good and evil and all that, the emperor's preparations seem fairly rushed. You'd expect more care to have been taken in keeping that shield intact, for example. Also, since his grand scheme is to turn Luke Skywalker to the dark side of the force, isn't he trying to kill him too soon after Luke offers some resistance?
>>
>>62960873
Watch the despecialized editions of ESB and ROTJ, they are fan reconstructions of the theatrical releases. They had to be reconstructed because there are no HD theatrical releases of the original trilogy, only the special editions with additions and changes. Not only are the additions bad, but you seem interested in how the original effects were. Avoid the special edition of ROTJ at all costs.

As for what to expect, the empire strikes back is amazing and the perfect sequel, but has the story structure of a sequel/middle act, so some people prefer the first star wars.

Return of the Jedi is ok, but a pretty big step down from ESB in every way. It's a half the movie is good and half is bad kind of thing.

>>62961063
OP, do not listen to advice like this. The prequels are very unpopular for a good reason, they suck. It's one thing to watch the prequels just to know what they are like and make up your mind, it's another to ruin your first experience with original trilogy with them. It's called machete order, and it would be really awesome if the prequels were good, but they aren't. The best part about the prequels is you get to watch the plinkett reviews.

>>62961211
Episode 1 is skipped in machete order because it doesn't contribute to the skywalker story. It's like a giant deleted scene in a movie because you don't need it.
>>
>>62960923
>VI is enjoyable but somewhat disappointing.
It's the best one
>>
>>62964778
it has some of the best moments of the trilogy but also some of the worst
>>
tbqh family watch episode I if for no other reason than duel of the fates.
>>
Isn't it weird how Star Wars has such a negative stigma as being "nerd shit"?
Everyone enjoyed it when it came out, like GOTG, it had mass appeal.
And while it still has mass appeal it has that negative stigma that it can't escape.

I refused to watch Star Wars for a long time because:
1. I like Star Trek and thought watching Star Wars would be traitorous
2. I saw The Phantom Menace as a kid and hated it

But when I finally watched the OT I really enjoyed it (especially ANH and ESB).
I think the lore and prequels kind of ruin it though.
The movies are good, but they've become an overrated shitfest.
>>
>>62964802
could you elaborate on the worst
I love how it made look develop so much, single handedly saving Han and Lea while infiltrating Baba the Hutt's place
The way he redeems his father is also great
Han and Lea's returns of "I know" was great. I also loved the art where Han accidentally kills Boba Fett
The Return of the Jedi is such a strong finale of a trilogy I can't find any MAJOR flaws
Was it the ewoks? I didn't see the big deal with them but I agree they were there just for comic relief and to attract children
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.