[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this was surprisingly great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 9431_widescreen.jpg (37 KB, 300x406) Image search: [Google]
9431_widescreen.jpg
37 KB, 300x406
this was surprisingly great
>>
this movie is what epileptic people use to die pleasantly
>>
>>62960145
A visual marvel.

>>62960611
Pretty accurate desu
>>
the wachowskis movies after matrix 1 being bad meme needs to die already
>>
>>62960145
This is how you make an anime in live action. Loved Speed Racer growing up, and this was a great adaptation.

Unsurprisingly, normies have shit taste so they hated it. But what can you do.
>>
>>62962488
It looked amazing and felt extremely uneven. Better pacing and it would've been well regarded.
>>
watched it recently. It's fantastic. Has some great visual flairs, like that fight scene in the snow where they use the snow as speedlines.
>>
>>62960145
the best wachowski movie, it was visually beautiful. the best translation of anime to live action done.

it doesn't pretend to be anything beyond a fun ride and an enjoyable film, and it succeeds
>>
File: gotta go fast.webm (3 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
gotta go fast.webm
3 MB, 1920x816
amazing
>>
>>62963834
dank meme desu senpai
>>
I just watched this on my new HD TV and damn is it still beautiful. That whole final race is beautiful.
>>
>>62960145
The effects may have aged like shit, but this movie was bretty good
>>
>>62963949
it is one of the few films that i would argue transports me to a different world. i can forgive the effects because its not trying to be real life.

its someplace different, its not animated and its not cgi trying to be real, so i can relax and enjoy it

its a few hour trip someplace similar but not really our world that and the over the top speech by royalton about racing being about money, makes me smile every time
>>
Visuals were amazing, but visuals alone do not make a great movie. The script was a baffling ball of shit about using races to manipulate stock prices. Plus Spridle was a dick in the eye and ear every time the shoved him on screen. Which was A LOT.
>>
>>62964239
>The script was a baffling ball of shit about using races to manipulate stock prices.

you missed the whole point, it was a simple movie.

it was all about the idea that the little guy who tries hard and does a good job can win and the bad guy will go to jail

nothing amazing or complex but a simple story told with amazing visuals
>>
Speed slowing down on purpose for Rex to keep his record was loaded with feels. I was pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>62963783

Most accurate post in this thread.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.