[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 8J07_TP_00050R.jpg (1 MB, 2400x1000) Image search: [Google]
8J07_TP_00050R.jpg
1 MB, 2400x1000
I pointed out some characters from other races aside orcs and humans in the Warcraft Movie trailer
>>
File: warcraft_races.jpg (174 KB, 886x376) Image search: [Google]
warcraft_races.jpg
174 KB, 886x376
>>62953600
>>
File: warcraft_races2.png (876 KB, 1366x577) Image search: [Google]
warcraft_races2.png
876 KB, 1366x577
>>62953621
>>
cheers m8
>>
>>62953621
I'm pretty sure Night Elves weren't discovered at the time this movie takes place
>>
>>62953600
REALER
>>
this is a non-nerd board please disperse
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>62953658
Are their fucking eyes glowing blue?!?!
>>
>>62953621
>seating the dwarves behind the elves
kek
>>
It looks AOTC/Hobbit movies levels of bad
>>
Am I the only one who is looking forward to this movie?
>>
I don't really know/care about the lore, but are we going to see some actual magic people in this movie? Shamans that cantrol the elements, mages, etc

Hoping it wont get too detached from the fantasy element and end up with just a bunch of normal warriors running around.
>>
So the races are EXACTLY the same as in Tolkien? Same names AND physical traits?

I never played the games, but that seems absurd.
>>
File: q6DbHaK.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
q6DbHaK.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>62956033
From the leaked footage and by dissecting the frames in the trailer, I've so far found that there is some dark magic involving Gul'Dan and stuff, and there also appears to be a dark shaman in one short bit of the trailer.
Plus there is the whole floating Mage city of Dalaran.
So far it seems like they are staying pretty close to the series' core fantasy roots.
>>
>>62956057
Makes sense for dwares to have certain physical traitsx
>>
>>62956397
well height obviously but why call them dwarves? why does warcraft use the same traits and the same names?
>>
>>62956481
Because most fantasy from that time period was heavily Tolkien-inspired. Actually, it's still the same today. Why are you even surprised?

About the Trailer: Man, this movie's visuals look underwhelming.
>>
>>62957024
I can agree the blending-job on the live actors into the cgi environments is kinda iffy, but I'm pretty impressed at least with the orc cgi.
>>
>>62956239
>there is the whole floating Mage city of Dalaran
>they are staying pretty close to the series' core fantasy roots

dalaran was a regular city, until archimonde razed it to the ground in the third war
years later, it was rebuilt as a floating city and relocated to northrend

why are they retconning this? dalaran doesn't even play a role in the first war (that the movie is about)
>>
>>62957441
I was more just referring to just how they are keeping the fantasy theme.
But yeah, I have no idea why they made Dalaran floating in this movie though. Maybe to make it more recognizable to old players?
But it does look like at the beginning of the trailer, that Dalaran is on the ground, so maybe something happens part-way through? I guess we'll see when the movie comes out.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.