[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I watch Supernatural? What are the best/worst seasons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: MP_Slider_Season_10.png (400 KB, 670x360) Image search: [Google]
MP_Slider_Season_10.png
400 KB, 670x360
Should I watch Supernatural?
What are the best/worst seasons?
>>
>>62951405

Seasons 1-5 then stop.

The only episode worth watching after season 5 is season 6 episode 15 where Sam and Dean enter a alternate universe where they are Actors playing themselves on a TV show called "Supernatural" shit is funny as hell.
>>
>>62951605
I looked it up in case you were bullshitting me and it's absolutely real, holy shit.
I need to get there fast.
>>
>>62951405
no, you will waste so much of your fuckign time get out now whilst you still can

it's on season 11 and it's not stopping

ITS NOT STOPPING JESUS CHRIST WHY WONT IT END
>>
There is decent ending in season 5. Just watch it and stop there. Seasons 1-5 are quite fun actually. It's not that good tv-series, but it's fun to watch.
>>
Best, with the arc you'll care about the most wrapping up in a satisfactory way:
>1–2
Acceptable:
>3–5
When will Sam and Dean show up in real life to kill this undead series:
>6—
>>
File: dance.gif (980 KB, 245x235) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
980 KB, 245x235
>>62951605
>>62954086
>Seasons 1-5 then stop.
But then you'll miss the Charlie episodes!
>>
>>62951405
>What are the best/worst seasons?
Let's group them by showrunner:
Seasons 1-5 are great
Seasons 6-7 are worst
Seasons 8-Now are pretty good for a show that old.

Even at its worst the show still can deliver great stuff though, like The French Mistake.
I also feel that outside of the whole Angel/Demon war which blew, Carver's tenure was a pretty nice second wind for the show.

>>62952170
>>62954314
>Why won't it end?
>When will it end?

It won't end because it's a very consistent performer ratings-wise. It's currently the 3rd highest rated show on he CW (behind Flash and Arrow), and it has always been (couple years ago it was behind Arrow and TVD, but TVD's ratings have fallen behind SPN's since then).
Only thing that could trigger a cancellation (assuming ratings don't start dropping) is Jensen and Jared's contract renegociation. Those typically happen every 6 years, so next one's season 12.
>>
>>62951405
>Seasons 1-5
Are excellent, really great TV. Excellent sense of progression and just about everything it tied up well, it's the planned start to finish of the series with the end of Season 5 being the end the creator originally planned to be the actual end.
>Season 6
Has a couple of good episode and ends quite well but for the most part it's just a huge mess looking for stuff to do after season 5.
>Season 7
A huge abominable waste, fucking trash.
>Season 8
Pretty good, starts to get back to quality then gets really good. Ends badly.
>Season 9
Is just really good, genuinely good season of TV.
>Season 10
Not as good as the previous season, still good, ends on a copout.
>Season 11
So far it's been really good, best season since 1-5 easily, though they've never reached that level of quality again they're getting pretty close this season. They're taking things into account that they'd forgotten about during the stupid years.

Honestly anon I'd recommend the whole lot, I don't regret a second of it. Even when it's irredeemable shit like Season 7 it's such easy watching.
>>
>>62954354
Goddamnit she ruined the show for me, anyone else and i wouldve been fine with it
>>
Whats the best episode?
>>
>>62951405
Seasons 1-5 are best. 6-7 are have good ideas but are still bad because they're poorly executed. Seasons 8 and onwards have really shitty ideas but more hype moments so it's a mixed bag.
>>
>>62951405
I don't know why, but everyone seems to forget how utter garbage season 3 was, made during the writers strike and it shows, they got REAL stupid that season.
>>
>>62951405
>1-3 the rugged favourites
>4-5 the angel shit is annoying but Castiel makes up for it
>6+ not really worth going into.
trust me.
>>
>>62951405
Honestly?
Don't. Since you never watched it, you don't have a connection to it, like we do. It's not that great, do something else with that time.

And I don't agree with just watching season 1-5, there are some gems in there.
Also I only watch the show for it's "mainquest", I couldn't care less about yet another monster of the week episode.

I actually stopped watching after season 9 and only picked it up after one year btw.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.