[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
recommend me some good horror movies, /tv/ >inb4 babadook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 98x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 98x144
recommend me some good horror movies, /tv/
>inb4 babadook
>>
Well luckily you've come to the right place, because if you hate the Babadook you're already perfect at blindly following what /tv/ hates
>>
>>62947369
this.

what do you have against it OP ?

i'd put this up in my top 10 for this decade so far.
>>
>>62947369
It is possible to just dislike a movie because of personal taste

and because the kid's constant screaming is obnoxious
>>
>>62947669
We've evolved to find sound of screaming/crying children to be extremely unpleasant

I didn't have a problem with it, I thought it the child acting was really well-directed and unsettling at times
>>
I thought the first half was the creepiest and most unsettling movie I've ever seen
And then it turned into a laughable and boring monster possession movie
>>
Did she fug the babadook in the end?
>>
File: GOAT.jpg (54 KB, 558x302) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
54 KB, 558x302
>>
>>62947972
Agree.

Anyway, have you heard of It Follows? It's this new indie horror movie, not very well-known but really good.
>>
>>62947273
Trick 'r Treat
>>
File: A-Christmas-Horror-Story.jpg (388 KB, 1059x1500) Image search: [Google]
A-Christmas-Horror-Story.jpg
388 KB, 1059x1500
>>
File: black_sunday_poster_01.jpg (725 KB, 1856x2545) Image search: [Google]
black_sunday_poster_01.jpg
725 KB, 1856x2545
Italian horror is GOAT
>>
>>62948230
It looked like a fun stupid movie for chrismas, not a horror film. But I didn't know that Shatner was on it. Into the Shat it goes
>>
>>62948133
my muthafuking nigga
>>
>>62947369
>>62947625
It's trash. It was alright for a while but when she gets "possessed" it turns into a complete shitfest. A lot of horror movies do this on their third act, completely ruin the suspense and immersion in exchange for monster "showdown" that isn't scary at all and, in this case, ruins the whole movie.
>>
>>62948063

>It Shills

Back to reddit. It's neither scary nor good.
>>
babadook was an interesting concept but it just felt like she was fighting off the mighty boosh, and that sean of deadesque ending was weak AF.

I mean I get the symbolism but pls.
>>
>>62947273
Fire in the Sky had me scared of being abducted for years.

Modern horrors all seem to be PG-13 trash with only jump scares and the R horrors are just gore fests without anything actually scary. Look towards some classics.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.