[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Leftovers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: the-leftovers.jpg (1 MB, 1621x2400) Image search: [Google]
the-leftovers.jpg
1 MB, 1621x2400
>It's a Leftovers episode
>With your feet in the air and your head on the ground starts playing

Great show or greatest show airing right now?
>>
File: 1443758197375.png (610 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1443758197375.png
610 KB, 900x900
EVERYBODY IS WORRYIN WHERE THEY'RE GONNA GO WHEN THE WHOLE THING'S DONE
>>
> former Lost showrunners create series with giant mystery
> make it super comfy and about healthy ways to deal with grief, don't focus on mystery at all

Why is this show so great, bros?
>>
I wanna say it's a stalemate with this and Fargo, but the truth is I get more feels with this show.
>>
>>62946464

No idea why people bitched about the new intro. Obviously the old one was GOAT, but the S2 opening fits the new setting much better. It's also a great way to mock everyone who wants the show to be plot-driven.
>>
Flash poll:

Did Kevin bang Aimee in Season 1?
>>
>max richter

Why is his music always god tier in everything
>>
I don't want it to get cancelled, it's my favourite show in a long time.
>>
I watched most of Season 1 and didn't like it very much. Especially the people who were writing notes and didn't talk, like a typical Lindelof script.

Does it get better?
>>
>>62946627
Link your fav song of his, familia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaIUnBdV18c
>>
>>62946737

Yes, the show only hits its stride in the latter half of S1. Every episode in S2 has been God-tier.
>>
>>62946737
>Does it get better?
I think so, but it depends on why you disliked the first season. I don't think any season will bring answers or explanations for the mysteries, that's the point of the show.
>>
I've been watching this show on /tv/'s recommendation eight months ago or something around that

Binging the first season wasn't bad. But now, watching weekly, I'm slowly realizing nothing really happens. It's LOST 2.0

Probably gonna drop it
>>
where is my mind starts playing
>>
>>62946960
You're fucking retarded. This show is the furthest posdible thing from L O S T
>>
>>62946464
The first episode caught me off guard with this song but now I can't get it out of my head.
>>
>>62947036
Every episode, we introduce two or three new mysteries

Then, we don't further progress any of the stuff we introduced before

Sounds exactly like lost to me
>>
>>62947103
>>62947036
Damon Lindelof is one of the creators of the leftovers

So it is actually the closest thing to lost you can get
>>
>>62947103
>*Then, we don't immediately further progress any of the stuff we introduced before, I'm an impatient faggot.

Fixed that for you
>>
>>62947160
It's the same retard bait lost used. They dangle answers in front of you every show, then at the last minute they don't answer anything and just raise a bunch of new questions

They will never explain 90% of what goes on in this show. It's not about patience.
>>
>>62946960
The difference between this and lost is that there are clear metaphors and symbols(if you rewatch Lost, there are plenty of obvious metaphors there too.) This show doesn't have an exact plot like 'they have to get off the island', but jumps around dealing with character's emotions and the how the overall world is dealing with loss. The viewer also knows that we may not actually get to know the show's mystery, so in that regard it's completely different from anything that's been done in TV.
>>
>>62947192
>They will never explain 90% of what goes on in this show. It's not about patience.

because that's not the point.
The point isn't why or how they disappeared but how the life of the leftovers is affected by the departure
>>
>>62947192
>They will never explain 90% of what goes on in this show.
They'll never explain anything, that's the purpose. They're exploring how people respond to life's unsolvable mysteries, the answers are not important.
>>
>>62947225
>>62947247
>>62947295

Then it's just not my cup of tea. Feels like aimless meandering with limitless magic plot devices. No thanks.
>>
>>62947036
Nah, its pretty much identical to lost, except lindelof gets to just focus on his characters without people getting angry the rest of the writing is getting nothing.
>>
>>62947295
>They're exploring how people respond to life's unsolvable mysteries, the answers are not important.

If you look closely, you'll realize this is a contradiction.
>>
File: IMG_20151102_204440.jpg (66 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151102_204440.jpg
66 KB, 480x600
YFW someone believes we're going to see a battle in purgatory on The Leftovers
>>
>>62946579
The sequence and the lyrics are great. Her fucking delivery incites a rage in me. Should've done the Weeds thing and had a new artist do the same song every week. Or The Pixies.
>>
>>62946190
The Mystery is "is god real?" and it's got the same answer in this show that it has in real life-

Probably not but you'll never convince everyone of that

So we have Matt. We have Jarden. We have religion and it's desperate clingers on...

But now we also have the people who believe in God and think it was the rapture and they aren't chosen. People that believe in God but know that his reign over them is done. He scooped up who he wanted and left. In theory, even the religious are atheists now. God is Dead on The Leftovers. It's an interesting lens to watch the show through as it really highlights the performances of Matt and Michael.
>>
>>62949174
>In theory, even the religious are atheists now
are you retard or somethin?
>>
File: IMG_20151112_205214.jpg (150 KB, 814x1018) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151112_205214.jpg
150 KB, 814x1018
YFW Kevin Garvey wrote Tropic Thunder with Ben Stiller
>>
Do you guys think Nora is out getting BLACKED hard like Jill?
>>
>>62949507

Zoolander as well, gives me hope for ZL 2
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.