[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /tv/'s opinion on Coming to America, starring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: COMING-TO-AMERICA.jpg (100 KB, 612x458) Image search: [Google]
COMING-TO-AMERICA.jpg
100 KB, 612x458
What's /tv/'s opinion on Coming to America, starring Eddie Murphy?

Let's keep this thread civil.
I know this is a lot to ask.
>>
this thread is proof if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all
>>
>>62946146
It's my grandpa's favorite movie for some reason. Any time it's on he'll sit and watch until the end
>>
>>62946189
What are you talking about? I love the movie, but in my years of being on /tv/ I've never seen a thread about this movie.

The only mean thing I have to say is, Eddie Murphy's movies are utter garbage now.
>>
I like the movie, too bad Eddie is in modern day Adam Sandler tier movies now.

Whatever happened to Arsenio Hall?
>>
File: 1447296624053.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1447296624053.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>I should find a wife in America, but where?
>Ah, how about New York, but where?
>Queens? Queens.
>picking New York's shittiest borough for a wife

Kek. If they only knew.
>>
It's a good movie made in the same vein as Trading Places which is obviously the better movie.

Love that Duke & Duke cameo though.
>>
THE ROYAL PENIS IS

CLEAN
L
E
A
N
>>
>>62946146
One of the very few american comedies i've enjoyed.
>>
>>62946591
Go fuxk yourself, faggot

Manhattan has no nyers, bx/bk full of niggers and ricans

Queens is master race
>>
SEXCHAL CHAWKLIT

*mic drop*
>>
bunch of nappy-headed hos itt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAztPZBQrrU
>>
>>62946146

I watched it as a kid and liked a lot. Don't wanna watch it again to destroy that memory
>>
>>62946146
for a second there i thought that was a scene from the wire
>>
All I can remember is the comfy blowjob scene and something to do with McDonalds 2bh
>>
>>62948364
THE BRIDGE IS OVER THE BRIDGE IS OVER
>>
The song that fat black kid sings at the beginning cracks me up

>SHES YOUR QUEEN TO
>BEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>62948418
You are doing yourself a disservice. It has held up no matter how many times I've watched it. Just don't go in expecting to laugh like a moron as you did before and you'll be fine. Alternatively, drink yourself into a stupor and laugh even harder.
>>
GOOD MORNING, MY NEIGHBORS!
>>
>>62948439
Can you imagine what would happen if they had Eddie Murphy on the Wire?
>>
>>62948575
he'd fuck a crackhead tranny?
>>
>>62948492
>free from infection
Holy fuck, my sides.
>>
>>62948315
>implying America isn't the most comedic nation in this planet
>>
>>62946146
Coming to America is pretty good.

Shows you what black culture was like before they went full munky.
>>
>>62948699
b-but muh british wit and bantz
>>
>>62948561
HEY, FUCK YOU!
>>
>>62948828
YES! YES! FUCK YOU TOO!
>>
I kind of like it.
A lot of the acting and line delivery was really slow and awkward to be honest. I don't think it holds up that well.
>>
>>62948701
This faggot had to ruin the thread...
>>
>>62946146
I loved it as a kid and watched it probably a dozen times back then. Recently saw it again and it still holds up from a film making point of view.
Too bad I've grown up to hate niggers and found out that Hollywood lied to me that every nig is as cool and cultivated as Akeem (I live in Europe and we didn't have a single nigger here when I was still a child so I didn't know any better).
>>
>>62948701
>Listening to Leonard Cohen - First We Take Manhattan
>Says monkey just as I read it

Mindblown
>>
WE WUZ KINGZ
>>
File: large.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>62948985
And him >>62948986.

Abandon thread. Sorry OP. By the way, the movie is on Netflix right now.
>>
It's really funny. Saw it for the first time a couple of months ago (I'm 30). The movie is a good one.
>>
>>62948986
Honestly, it's a wild card, wherever you go, unless you're in more developed, pocketed areas where negroes happen to have some appreciation for the a relative absence of abject rudeness and anarchy. Depends where you look and where you avoid.
>>
>>62946146
Not once have I ever laughed at an Eddie Murphy movie, this was no exception
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.