[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/thechase/ - The Chase General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: the beast (2).jpg (481 KB, 1920x1011) Image search: [Google]
the beast (2).jpg
481 KB, 1920x1011
Who is the best chaser and why is it The Beast?
UK, US or AUS The Chase?
>>
Ausfag here. Our Chase is horrible. Absolute zero banter or wit. Andrew O'Keeffe acts like he's giving a eulogy with every question. It's like watching someone read out a restaurant menu.
>>
>>62940041
Supernerd got BTFO.
The banter in the UK version is god tier.
>>
File: the beast.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the beast.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
>it's a chaser loses episode
>>
>>62940041
This. Andrew is a crap host and has no idea how to connect with the contestants or audience. The show itself sucks to, the chasers ham up their characters too much. O'Keefe is a showman, not a host.
Also, >that laugh
Also also, >that canned applause 7 directed copypasted from Million Dollar Minute
>>
UK Chase is best Chase due to the bants.

Dark Destroyer is my chasefu.
>>
>>62940248
>it's a chaser wins in the last 5 seconds episode
>>
Beast > Ann > Indian doctor fella > Boring magistrate who says the same thing ever fucking episode

>>62940041
Supposedly it gets really good ratings. Also, don't you guys have Ann? She's fun.
>>
File: dick tingeler.png (677 KB, 671x457) Image search: [Google]
dick tingeler.png
677 KB, 671x457
the australian chase host is awful

not like based bradley at all, he's not funny or cheeky - barely talks to the contestant at all

>>62940845

we do have anne, but the other chasers are kinda shitty
UKs chasers are way better, especially the beast
>>
>>62940642
It always amazes me to watch UK formats being exported and fucked up by foreign producers who suck the fun out of the show. The US in particular are masters of fucking up gameshows.
>>
>>62940885
at least it replaced deal or no deal though which was absolute trash
>>
>>62940041
>>62940396
Supposedly it's destroying Millionaire Hotseat in viewing figures.

I always liked Million Dollar Minute, thought it was a neat concept for a show.
>>
I've met the beast and I can confirm that he is a big guy
>>
>>62941093
>>62940845

There's no way this shit gets those kind of ratings
Anyone who has watched the UK version can see just how shit AU has it. Andrew O'Keefe is fucking terrible

>>62941119

The beast is actually 6'7" and there are people in his family taller than him. How you get so fat when you're so tall is beyond me
>>
Americans talk and cheer so fucking much they only have time for 3 contestants
>>
>>62941154
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/11/the-chase-lifts-seven-news.html

>Since launching in mid September the show has repeatedly defeated Hot Seat in the 5:30 timeslot. ... Last week The Chase averaged 622,000 viewers at 5:30pm over Hot Seat 554,000.
>>
>>62941154
>The beast is actually 6'7" and there are people in his family taller than him. How you get so fat when you're so tall is beyond me

It's easy, because you need to eat shitloads just to survive, so it's really hard to judge portion sizes and shit.
>>
Why is Bradley so based?
>>
>>62939989
Anne is the best, old Frosty Knickers
>>
>>62941622
My brother went to a taping and supposedly he's a right arsehole in real life.
>>
>>62941702
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>62942341
No, but his schtick seems very fake so it doesn't surprise me. It was a recording of All Star Family Fortunes and was just unpleasant when the cameras weren't on.
>>
>>62942403
Then again, according to Wikipedia he wasn't on it. So fuck knows, I'm just copying what my brother said.
>>
Britbong here. My mum won vip tickets to see The Celebrity Chase get filmed live, we got to sit in a group of 8 chairs at the front of the seating stands, right in front of the chasers seat. We sat with family of the contestants and I sat right next to a new guy who writes questions for the show, he was a pretty cool guy. Celebs were Sarah Harding, a lad that payed one of the little boys in Outnumbered (he's an arrogant little prick), a gold medal Olympian black guy (can't remember his name, but he's not smart) and an Indian lady who was in Eastenders. Episode hasn't aired yet.

Some fun facts:
>the studio are very disorganised with the guests, trying to keep them in an orderly queue and seating them, they even thought at first that out vip tickets were fake and tried to throw us out, they didn't even have any record of them.
>there isn't a live audience for the normal shows, only the Celeb ones.
>laugh tracks on the regular shows are taken from Celeb filming.
>filming an episode takes about 3 hours, everyone is rushing around and complaining and trying to make it go as quickly as possibly.
>camera crew consists of all 20-25 year olds
>they brush up everybody's make up between every single shot which gets boring.
>there's a holidaypark-esque entertainer that kept us entertained between takes by playing games etc
>what's his name Walsh is hilarious in real life and genuine cool guy, although he kept moaning that it was all taking too long.
>there a lot of fuck ups, mis reading of questions and redoing parts, lots of swearing, the Cinneman kept swearing as well.
>at the end they spent 15 minutes re-reading questions from previous episodes to get better footage.
>>
>>62942403
>>62942429
Looking up, it was probably Celebrity Squares and he got mixed up. He goes to these sort of tapings quite a lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>62942474
Also the director was a QT
>>
>Aus chaser
>Friendly banter going on between chaser and contestant
>O'keefe interjecting with a healthy HAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHJAHAHAHHAHAHHAAH
It's the worst thing about the show tbqh
>>
>>62942512
daayyyyum
>>
>>62942474
>a lad that payed one of the little boys in Outnumbered (he's an arrogant little prick)

Tyger Drew-Honey? Yeah, he is a cunt/
>>
the epic beast guy XD
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.