[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
US MasterChef >Cooking is an afterthought >All about personalities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Masterchef-Australia-008.jpg (29 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Masterchef-Australia-008.jpg
29 KB, 460x276
US MasterChef
>Cooking is an afterthought
>All about personalities and cat fighting
>Judges only speak scripted dialogue
>Winners are picked by producers based on looks/race/politics

Australia MasterChef
>All about food, every other episode is a cooking lesson
>No fighting, emphasis is on the cooking not on how the contestants interact
>Judges speak from the heart, often cry when eliminating certain contestants
>Winners are picked on skill using fair point based system to remove bias

Same thing with Biggest Loser. Why is Australian TV so much more genuine and human than American TV?
>>
File: r5kadv4ute3m4f25i4o2.jpg (647 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
r5kadv4ute3m4f25i4o2.jpg
647 KB, 1600x900
Look at the promotional material. Matt Preston is 6'4". They Photoshopped baldy to make it seem like he wasn't a mantel, but now he has a watermelon sized head compared to Preston.

When will they learn?
>>
>>62938296
>implying the truly based Masterchef version isn't the Spanish one
>implying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKCQt9KcIDM
>>
>>62938296
Have you ever watched the British Masterchef? It's definitely more cooking focused but somehow the contestants contrive to be boring as fuck and shitty chefs, plus the production value is basically nil.

Why did Australia nail this format bros?
>>
File: Oona1.jpg (20 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
Oona1.jpg
20 KB, 250x375
>>62938362
>implying the truly based Masterchef version isn't Masterchef Junior
>>
>>62938376
Because they are the only shows we have.
>>
>>62938376
Yes, I can't stand the British one to be honest. It somehow seems to suck all the life out everything. I get so bored I can't even finish. It feels like an office meeting. Same with the British Biggest Loser. Something about this kind of reality TV, Australia is just way ahead of everyone else.
>>
>>62938384

>Masterchef I'm Lunchables
>>
File: 1319795557694.png (15 KB, 300x302) Image search: [Google]
1319795557694.png
15 KB, 300x302
>>62938384
>MFW Sean was clearly the best chef that Season but got booted in a two person elimination because "samuel was a good leader" even though Sean saved the team's butt with his is cooking.

And Samuel taught me that even a 13 year old could be a patronizing smug asshole.
>>
>>62938376
>plus the production value is basically nil.

Exactly. I felt like I was watching home videos or something. Do Brits film theirs out in the garage or something?
>>
yeah this is why I don't watch TV anymore and really pick and choose shows to watch

it's literally designed to dumb you down and force you into an ideology
>>
>>62938376
>Have you ever watched the British Masterchef?
>somehow the contestants contrive to be boring as fuck

The british can make anything boring
>>
You now realize that there is so much time spent photographing the food between the time it is done and the time the judges try it that the food is cold and therefor can not be judged properly in either show.
>>
Have you even watched this season of AU biggest loser? It's full of manufactured drama.
>>
>>62938362
Must be nice being a Europoor and not have to obey copyright law. It's like a montage of famous movie theme music.
>>
Canadian masterChef is by far the worst by the way. Took all the worst elements from the US version (soap opera drama, soldier worship challenges, politically motivated eliminations and contestant selection), but has none of the good aspects of the US version. Judges aren't fun, contestants are boring, etc.
>>
>>62938753
No, I stopped. It started out better than the US, but each season got worse and worse. The problem is the trainers. Anyone is gonna get jaded after that long. They should bring in new ones each season.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.