[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>shit script filled with exposition >3 takes maximum >no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
>shit script filled with exposition
>3 takes maximum
>no reshoots
Is he shit or just really really lazy?
>>
both
>>
Movies like interstellar and inception require a lot of exposition as they're introducing entirely new concepts. I don't understand why people complain about this.
>>
>>62934457
>entirely new concepts
>>
>>62934457
>gravity and slowed time are new concepts

Uh...
>>
File: matt_muse.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
matt_muse.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
NOLAN IS THE BEST

He amuses me.
>>
>>62934457
no script requires exposition
>>
>>62934457

This is why Nolanplebs are dumb as fuck. They literally think spacetime is a new concept.
>>
>>62934499
>>62934510

How are the inception rules not entirely new? They only relate to his movie. Of course they need to be explained.

>>62934534

No one would know what's going on then, it definitely wouldn't have had any commercial appeal either.
>>
>>62934457
kind of a meh b8 m8.
But people keep falling for it.
So maybe it's not that "meh" afterall.
>>
>>62934577
>No one would know what's going on then,
you must be joking. There are many ways to explain what is happening rather than reading out aloud what has happened and what is planned to happen.

thanks for derailing the thread anyway
>>
>>62934615

I feel like you're a bunch of children who are very insecure about your intelligence. The equivalent of a 5 year old saying omg i know it how it works you dont need to tell me i already knew that.
>>
>>62934675
being judgemental on 4chan doesn't work pal. Weve all got something wrong with us

Im just saying Nolan is a lazy cunt and maybe if he actually tried, he might make a good film with a solid story and good acting
>>
>>62934723

The dark knight was bretty good, as is the prestige.
>>
>>62934376
Is it bad I write like him? Seriously. His films are literally like a slightly dumbed down version of mine.
>>
>>62934376
What a fucking unappreciative disgraceful degenerate faggot.

He literally made some of the greatest films that set new milestones in the art of movie making.A Man with such a stellar track record.

Who Made some of the greatest films ever within a decade while you were busy doing unthinkable acts of depravity while being confined within your mother's basement.

There's no way in this realm you are capable of seeing through the intricate complexities and his impenetrable(in your case) concepts.You need atleast an IQ of 120 in order to do so.

i hope you set yourself free from the misery you experienced while deciphering his masterpieces ,by stick to your regular capeshit.

Have a nice day.
>>
>>62934534
exposition is completely acceptable and gets better when it is shown not spoken. but some things cant be shown i guess.
>>
I don't mind the exposition in Inception. It was cool learning about the rules and shit.

But TDKR was shitty as fuck and Nolan knows it. There's no way he looked at the finished script as thought "Yeah, that's pretty good." If he didn't realize that it was bad then he is just a hack.
>>
>>62934770
>have a nice day
thanks. you too. I disagree with you though
>>62934763
I'll have that. Maybe he went on a coke binge during those years and decided not to be lazy (apart from script writing)
>>62934767
share some pages my friend
>>
Detail how you would make one scene in a Nolan film better by changing its exposition for a sequence of images.
>>
>>62934376
>>62934396
>>62934499
>>62934546
>>62934723
>>62934840
Interstellar is inarguably the greatest movie ever made. From the sprawling dissection of humanity's evil and selfishness through Dr. Hugh Mann (played in an Oscar-deserving performance by Matthew Damon), to the beautiful Oedipal relationship between a father and his daughter. In one film, Nolan manages to explore the furthest reaches of space and time, and ultimately collapses into a blackhole, symbolic of how he has filled a great void consuming modern cinema. Without this film, science would not have a place in modern cinema, and we would be forced to watch lesser films such as "Lucy," without nearly the same amount of science in it. Nolan and his scientist friend Kip Thorne even co-wrote a book to accompany the film, and it was given to audiences freely on the opening screenings, as if inviting their minds into the greater realms of science. Without this movie, cinema would be doomed, but Nolan once again saves it. This has been compared to "2001," but it is a better film -- the story isn't pretentious, but very close to home, resting on romance and a father's love for his childrens.
>>
File: asg1.png (303 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
asg1.png
303 KB, 720x400
>>62934937
kill urself
>>
>>62934937
>Interstellar is inarguably the greatest movie ever made

stopped reading there. i'm no movie buff but even i can tell you that interstellar is a shallow flick without substance.
>>
>>62934840
>share some pages my friend

That would require pages of exposition.
>>
File: Interstellar-4.jpg (89 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Interstellar-4.jpg
89 KB, 1600x900
>>62934853
What actually happens in this scene
>Hello Cooper, lets walk whilst I tell you about everything that has gone on in this world regarding the extinction of crops; something you, as a farmer, have no clue about; according to me
What should happen in this scene
>Cooper is sat down to watch a time lapse video of crops in a sealed lab slowly dying. He fair enough confirms his own thought that the crops dying is uncontrollable.
>>
File: 1398361982287.png (65 KB, 227x219) Image search: [Google]
1398361982287.png
65 KB, 227x219
>>62934937
>>
>>62935012
>Cooper is sat down to watch a time lapse video of crops
>actually thinking that's better
thank god you're not a filmmaker
>>
You really only need to do 3 takes for most scenes. It makes a hell of a lot more sense than Stanley Kubrick doing some scenes 70 times just to fuck with people. I like both of them as directors, though.
>>
>>62935039
apologies for my quick idea, obviously yours which youve shown already is better?
>>
>>62934958
>>62934990
>>62935036
if you were not moved while watching Interstellar in IMAX you're probably too dumb to understand the movie.

This movie has honestly changed my life. I couldn't believe the masterpiece I had just witnessed. I felt like throughout the entire film Nolan himself was speaking to me, through space and time, his love was there. He assured me that a new era of film has arrived, a new era to save us from these lackluster movies we are accustomed too.

Just stick to Michael Bay and capeshit please
>>
>>62935758
Bay>Nolan
You>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>62934457
he ruined the ending to the dark knight by having some kid ask his dad why batman was painted as the bad guy
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.