[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of Andrei Rublev? The bell sequence and epilogue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
What did you think of Andrei Rublev? The bell sequence and epilogue are going to be impossible to forget.
>>
see you in the archive friendo
>>
2ru4me
>>
Feet. Give us more SJW feet. Celebrity star wars nudes too if you got em. No blacks. Thx senpai.
>>
Beautiful movie in every sense of the word, but I've never been able to appreciate it quite as much as most people seem to.

I do wish we got some actual scenes of Andrei painting, I don't understand what could have driven that decision. The bell sequence is fantastic though. I also love the Pagan sequence.

Anatoly Solonitsyn was one great actor. This movie convinced me he would be a perfect fit for Alyosha in a Brothers Karamazov adaptation.
>>
What do you guys take as the overarching political/theological message from this film? I don't know much about religions or European history, but it seemed to me this film was a pretty heavy indictment of the Orthodox Church and the forcing of Christian worship. Andrei's connection to God was in his deeds and his art, not in organized religion. I'm sure it's no coincidence that this fell greatly in line with Andrei the director's views too.

Thoughts?
>>
>>62934972
But without the church he wouldn't have had a chance to produce his art.
>>
>>62934727
nah man the perfect Alyosha is William Shatner
>>
>>62935011
With the Church he doesn't have a chance to produce his art. The Church has him paint propoganda like The Last Judgement instead of the icons he means to create to provide people a window to worship. Of course he ended up painting those for the Church too, but there's no reason he couldn't have painted without the Church.

Of course I may be entirely wrong. It's been about a year since I last watched this so my ideas may be sketchy here, but that's the impression I got from the film.
>>
>>62934355
Great film but terrible flick
>>
File: andrei-rublev_1-t.jpg (47 KB, 220x333) Image search: [Google]
andrei-rublev_1-t.jpg
47 KB, 220x333
bump
>>
Unforgettable. The epilogue showing all the paintings combined with the music is pretty chilling, I feel.
>>
I thought the War centerpiece was unnecessary
though I suppose thats an aspect that ages more than others and was probably quite thrilling in its time
>>
>>62935612
They actually killed that horse in real life.
>>
>>62934972
the whole orthodox christianity relies on personal connection with god, read up on grigorius palama and hesychasm, im not sure how those two are spelled in english
>>
>>62934727
>but I've never been able to appreciate it quite as much as most people seem to.
if you aren't russian you will never be able to properly appreciate it.
>>
File: jalaw.jpg (77 KB, 630x900) Image search: [Google]
jalaw.jpg
77 KB, 630x900
>>62937287
>if you aren't russian you will never be able to properly appreciate it.

but I am russian
>>
>>62934727
>the Pagan sequence.
watching that for the first time was insane, couldn't believe what i was seeing

a brutal, emotional and human film
>>
>>62935011
yeah exactly, the opening scene is clearly anti-religous - the church/state stopping the progress of technology

but it also shows the church (the building) being used as sanctuary against the tartars. symbolising how the church (the institution & spiritual belief) was a sanctuary for the poor and oppressed during sad times for them
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.