[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why didn't you like this again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 300x450
why didn't you like this again?
>>
too boring
>>
>>62931250
drained me of my energy desu
>>
>>62931257
>>62931830
but why
>>
i did
>>
>>62931250

I think it's a movie you'd only really understand if you've been married, or at least in a very long, serious relationship
>>
File: thehorror.jpg (402 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
thehorror.jpg
402 KB, 1024x683
Not enough Mister and Mississauga
>>
best movie of last year
>>
>>62931257
This
>>
But I did.
>>
I didn't like the dumb scifi twist ending.
>>
>>62931250
Cause I don't like getting fucked in the ass by movies
>>
i loved it
>>
File: 1448142501107.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1448142501107.png
98 KB, 600x500
>>62935642
Is this bait? There was no sci-fi twist.
>>
>>62935642

It wasn't sci-fi, it was symbolism. A lot of the events and images in this movie aren't meant to be taken literally. It's all about his fear of settling down and committing to a wife and a family, struggling with his weaker side that can't resist his sexual impulses and need for excitement.

Spiders are a visualization of that fear, they represent his wife, or just the general idea of commitment. Spiders catch you in their web, tie you down so you can't move, and drain you. The main character is terrified by the idea that settling down and raising children will do exactly that - tie him down, and drain the life out of him. His whole affair with the younger woman is a last desperate attempt to explore his options, play with the idea that he might just leave it all behind and keep living as a free man.
>>
It's nu-reddit cinema for the budding fedoralord
>>
>>62935642
kek what a pleb
>>
>>62935642
0/10 try harder
>>
but I liked it a lot anon
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.