[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people have a problem with Jar Jar but not this annoying poof?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: C-3PO_droid.png (135 KB, 250x480) Image search: [Google]
C-3PO_droid.png
135 KB, 250x480
Why do people have a problem with Jar Jar but not this annoying poof?
>>
>>62931182

Because he was part of the original trilogy, so nerds will defend him all day long because they're incapable of accepting it's just as bad as the prequels.
>>
Ingrained racism, since 3po has a british accent but jar jar speaks broken engllish
>>
>>62931266
>People love Lando
>Played by black actor

>People love Darth Vader
>Voiced by a black man

>People love Mace Windu
>played by black actor

I dont see where this whole racism in SW came from, I mean if there is one positive thing about all the SW movies is that there is not just 4 or 5 races, there are Jedi's from every race not counting the aliens.

So people that bitch about Boyega should stop being so fuck hypocritical, the SW has always been diverse THATS THE FUCKING POINT you retards! Is not about race, its about the force and darkness and how it can corrupt or empower any living thing.
>>
>>62931182
Because he was used in moderation instead of doing wacky slapstick in the background of every other scene.
>>
>>62931182
Muh ot, but also he was more bearable to hear than jj
>>
>>62931182
threepio scene
>Oh Dear!
jar jar scene
>MESA GOM BOMBUNO ANNIE WEEEEEEEE

are you still vexed
>>
>>62931182

Jar Jar's fucked up broken English is what kills it for me. And his shenanigans in the battle of Naboo was on par with Ewoks taking out Storm Troopers with sticks and pebbles.
>>
>>62931361
lmfao

what's the point of even arguing about obvious race stereotypes in star wars

nemoidians are clearly ching chong chinamen
sand people are clearly ragheads
whatever the fuck watto is he's clearly a happy merchant with a big nose and a very specific dialect

I'm sure there are more
>>
>>62932042

Why is it racist for alien races to have existing accents? Watto is the only one that kind of makes sense. Cause he's greedy. Whats wrong with them having chinese accents if english and american ones are alright?
>>
>>62931895
This.

Also, Threepio will have a viewer pity him because at the end of the day, he's a piece of property. He's a product intended for a limited range of use that suffers from the utter bullshit situations he's thrown into without any say in the matter. But the focus always quickly returned to the heroes of the story, and the droids got very little screen time.

Jar Jar was a goddamned clown whose screen time rivaled that of everyone else in TPM which made no fucking sense.
>>
File: 168276482746.jpg (76 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
168276482746.jpg
76 KB, 768x432
>>62932130
huaaaaaaaaa
ooooooh frogsama ching chong ching chong

>ching Chong?!!
>chingkity chong ching chong chinky!!!

huuuuuuuuuuuAAAAAAAA
>>
>>62932198
lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgoznacvSxc
>>
>>62932198
>>62932264

Ya they sound like Chinamen speaking english. It sounds goofy but there's nothing racist about it...

>inb4 someone bitches about "chinamen" and calls me racist.
>>
>>62932187
>>62931895
>>62931182

3PO also is useful and smart. There's that scene where he correctly says that's wrong with the Millennium Falcon, Solo then tells him off, then repeats what 3PO said.

Jar Jar is an idiot and only doesn't get everyone killed due to pure luck.
>>
C3PO was kind of annoying but the OT recognized him as such. And you had a character like Han constantly telling him to shut up. In fact, most of the characters got annoyed by 3PO at certain points. There are no face value comic relief scenes with him (although there are in the prequels and they're awful). Most importantly, he has a cool design and doesn't speak like an idiot.
>>
3PO is actually worse than Jar Jar in the second half of AOTC when he's doing shitty puns in the droid factory and the arena. Maybe the worst use of an established character in the prequels.
>>
>>62932591

I keep forgetting he's in the Prequels. it's so pointless and stupid that I forget it.
>>
>>62931361
Boyega has no taalent whatsoever, have you seen him acting? Also, lando was a black man, boyega is a nigger, very ugly nigger
>>
File: top cake.png (85 KB, 247x185) Image search: [Google]
top cake.png
85 KB, 247x185
>mfw Goiter Lucas is ass-blasted that Disney turned down his ideas for Episode VII and he still refuses to admit that Jar Jar was a huge mistake

His recent interviews are fucking hilarious. What a sad sack of shit
>>
>>62931182
Why nobody says anything about chewbacca, the most dull stupid an annoying character in the whole saga, every time i hear it growling it makes me want to rip my ears off
>>
File: 1446186675808.jpg (63 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
1446186675808.jpg
63 KB, 500x455
>>
>>62932719
you only have to hear it for 1 of the 3 movies.
>>
>>62931182

Jar Jar is /supposed/ to be hated because he caused the Galactic Empire to be formed (too bad they deleted the scene where the Emps mocks him over that fact). He's a very mean-spirited take on what a relief character can do if you let them to their own devices.

And that's what makes him brilliant.
>>
>>62932187
>suffers from the utter bullshit situations he's thrown into

idk why that made me kek so hard
>>
>>62931182
omg why didnt i see it earlier, 3CPO is a sith lord
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.