[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong? >faggot >slut >retard >only good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
what went wrong?

>faggot
>slut
>retard
>only good character
>>
no rust
>>
>>62931132
gaycop became based as fuck toward the end though
>>
>>62931148
/thread
>>
no marty
>>
>what went wrong.
Literally nothing. Plebs expected Rust Cthulu Adventures 2.0 They got a fresh fun neo-noir revenge story instead and can't appreciate it.
>>
>>62931268

This. Redditors and retards are the only ones who complain about True Detective S2.

The plebs among us appreciate it.
>>
Rust and Marty had a good dynamic. Rust was philosophical and edgy while Marty was there to call him out on his bullshit.

In s2, everyone is a navel gazing philosophical moron, gaycop is fucking worthless (is there still a fucking stigma about being gay in 2015 LA? Seriously?) and they spend so much time meandering around that the plot doesn't even start in earnest until episode 5, when s1 was already moving the pieces towards the endgame.

It should have been Farrell and Adams as the two leads. Gaycop is cut entirely, Vince Vaughn can stay in but he's a supporting character, the cops' connection to the criminal underworld rather than a lead role.
>>
Too many characters, should've just been Ani and Ray.
Woodrugh was no-fun-allowed and not necessary to move the plot foreward. Frank was just bad, except for in the last episode, don't know if it was the acting or the writing or both.
>>
Fun advice:

Begin to watch True detective season 2 from episode three or four. You will have litterly no idea who the fuck "Caspere" is, and why everyone is talking about him.
>>
>>62931132
they didn't make it pleb friendly this time

patricians only desu senpai
>>
File: antigone-sad.jpg (716 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
antigone-sad.jpg
716 KB, 1080x1080
>>62932862
>Rust and Marty had a good dynamic. Rust was philosophical and edgy while Marty was there to call him out on his bullshit.
>In s2, everyone is a navel gazing philosophical moron
This.

I only watched it because McAdams is a qt3.14
>>
>>62931132
You calling me a retard Ray?
I'll remind you that I never lost a tooth, never even had a fucking cavity.
Caspere was aware of this.
>>
no Maggie
>>
>>62935211
you know what they say about fucking animals right? it's only frowned upon by the elderly, and caspers killers knew this
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.