[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo, so I'm acting in a short tomorrow and was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 736x935) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 736x935
Yo, so I'm acting in a short tomorrow and was wondering if any of you had any tips for me... My carachter is a depressed guy who kills himself because of his girlfriend and ends up in purgatory as a result.
>>
convert to Judaism
>>
Try method acting and kill yourself
>>
File: bait.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>Asking /tv/ tips on acting
>>
>>62928954
>watch Wrist Cutters
>copy pasta dat performance, brah
Boom. Good acting accomplished
>>
>>62928954
experienced actor here

dont "try" to act... be yourself, and be sure to react to any other actors in a scene. The biggest, BIGGEST mistake I see new actors make is they look like they are waiting for their turn to say their line. Dont do that.
>>
sell your soul to the devil.

I sold my soul to the devil for my genius, been working out great
>>
>Yo
>>
This is the exact plot of Wristcutters.

Go tell your director he's a hack
>>
File: image_31.jpg (144 KB, 912x317) Image search: [Google]
image_31.jpg
144 KB, 912x317
>>62929063
>>
>>62928954

Talk to the director and writers about film realism.

Everyone knows suicide is a mortal sin, the short should take place in hell
>>
Don't be shit, and never wipe your ass with a broken bottle
>>
>>62928954
>short
>suicide

it's gonna be great
>>
Pretend. The secret is pretending.
>>
>>62928954
lurk /r9k/
>>
>>62928954
u should probably just figure out what's on the page. what is your character's objective(what do they want from the other characters in the scene). What does you character do to get what they wants? Does it work? ALl of it really relies on how your scene partner reacts to u. You have to be very in tuned with them.

film you gotta know what ur frame is so if its a closeup your eyes'll do the talkin sweetie, but if its a full body shoot type ur can wiggle those hips much as u like. But, this doesn't mean u can wobble like a negroid. ALl of ur movement has to be precise and purposeful.

focus on your scene partner. listening is really important and its obvious when actors aren't listening to each other in film. the lines between u guys are like a game of catch: when u drop the ball the scene gets boring as fuck. and most importantly, trust ur instincts and chase ur objective like a fucking rapid dog.

dont try 2 play depresed or suicide cus it won't work u may as wel jorunal about ur gay feelings and keep em to yourself. repress them real good, baby ;)
>>
>Read what people say you should do
>Do the exact opposite
>????????
>Profit
>>
Don't push it. Whatever you're doing, it's too much. Fight for your life. Find the humor.

"Find your mark, look the other guy in the eye, and tell him the truth."
>>
OP, what you need to do is actually "pretend" that you're this character. But you need to remember that the character isn't you, you're just pretending to be him. And speak the words as if.. you were saying them for the very first time. Again, don't say them like you would if it was you talking, you're actually going to PRETEND that you're this character. I was an actor once, and when I was acting I had to pretend to be many character although I never actually WAS any of them. How did I know what to say? They had my lines written down on a script. How did I know where to stand? People showed me. It's quite complex. Now you might be a little confused, but you need to keep in mind that everything happening is not real and that you are in fact not this character.
>>
File: 1417156524841.jpg (8 KB, 195x249) Image search: [Google]
1417156524841.jpg
8 KB, 195x249
>>62928954

You should get ready for it by killing yourself. All the great actors commit to research.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.