[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are video game movies the next capeshit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: vidya movies.jpg (537 KB, 2000x1369) Image search: [Google]
vidya movies.jpg
537 KB, 2000x1369
Are video game movies the next capeshit?
>>
Still wondering who thought releasing an Angry Birds movie after its peak was a good idea.
>>
>>62928585
There actually WAS an Angry Birds movie made during its peak. It was directed by Uwe Boll.
>>
the ones aimed at both children and adults (r&c/Angry birds/sly) have a good chance to be hits due if they are fun.

Only good thing about ass creed is fastblender which could be good or another prince of persia.
RE is pure crap, its an action flick with zombies, and budgeted according to expectations.

Warcraft has moon/source code director and its probably the only one besides AC that must break through into new territory (aka be a good to great film). IF either does or both then we may get decent flicks from gaming ips.
>>
Ratchet & Clank will probably be good since it's fully under the control of the creators of the game, and pretty much all of their game have been good (minus 1 or 2)
I'm cautiously optimistic about Warcraft, even if it's story and acting is bad, we'll at least get some great looking action scenes.
>>
So I saw a trailer for Angry Birds last week and it somehow did not look like complete shit and like it might be decent and fun.

Am I going crazy?
>>
Sly had better be a heist movie.
>>
I heard The Peanuts Movie is really good and there's no reason for some of the friendly video game franchises to make really good animated movies.

This would include your Nintendo franchises, Rayman, de Blob and what have you.

The more adult franchises wouldn't really work as much because the stories in most of these games are terrible or won't translate to film.

Is there really going to be a Wreck-It Ralph 2? Jesus...
>>
Warcraft is gonna set them back twenty years
>>
Why the fuck are they making a Warcraft movie? I thought it had peaked already, do people still play that shit?
>>
>>62928972
Its been in production for ages so when they first had the idea it was peaked
>>
>>62928495
Goddam every single title there looks cringy as fuck. The least they could do is make movies about games with good stories like pathologic, call of cthulu, or amnesia. Instead this pick this awful awful crap.
>>
>>62928972
It's a retelling of the story of the first Warcraft strategy game.
Doing a movie for the MMO would be so ridiculously confusing.
>>
>>62929000
They missed the gravy train, just a desperate grab for cash before the rights to Warcraft are worthless.
>>
We will see after one of them hit it, maybe if Assassin's Creed suceed others will follow
>>
Warcraft looks like it'll be dumb fun plus my boy Ragnar Lothbrok bangs a she-orc

Wreck it Ralph 2 will be decent except for Sarah Silverman's disgusting voice

Hitman a shit for edge fags

Ass Creed a shit for retarded edge fags

Resident Evil shouldn't still be counted as a video game adaption considering how much movies there are of it now

Angry birds will be a fun kids movie

Need for speed a shit

Ratchet and Sly are furfag shit
>>
>>62928858
It looks awful
>>
lol, they're still making RE movies?

they're not even about zombies anymore, it's basically a superhero movie
>>
>>62928858
It's the next Spirits Within.
>>
Hitman 47 was fun

And I hope it has a sequel.
>>
File: 960.jpg (99 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
99 KB, 960x540
Never played a Resident Evil game and I'm really not a fan of zombie movies or modern action movies but for whatever reason I've always felt like the Resident Evil movies looked pretty fun

Should I give them a shot? Do they work as self-indulgent schlock?
>>
>>62929453
If you like dumb action flicks, that are predictable with the usual stuff from the genre then yes.
>>
>>62929453
1 and 2 are still the best and worth a watch. 3 depends. The others are optional.
>>
>>62929453
The Resident Evil games specifically 1,2,3,4) are GREAT but the movies are complete shit!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>62929892
I don't play videogames so that doesn't help me, plus I feel like any fan of the video games will not have an objective idea of the films

>>62929842
>>62929807
Guess I'll give the first one a watch some time
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.