[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any film that's ever taken you out of depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: fuck .jpg (505 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
fuck .jpg
505 KB, 800x778
Is there any film that's ever taken you out of depression?
>>
It's Such A Beautiful Day

Only for a little while though. I rewatch it every now and then to try to recapture the feeling.
>>
No. Life did.
Faggot.
>>
>>62925367

no

sometimes if I or my gf are going through a tough period we will trip acid/shrooms and watch either The New World or Boyhood though. it usually helps a lot
>>
That's not how depression or movies work
>>
File: 1143 - 8FaAqMG.png (937 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1143 - 8FaAqMG.png
937 KB, 900x900
>>62925952
>I or my gf
>>
i watched the holy mountain, then rewatched it twice more that week. i went out and got a job the next week
>>
Forrest Gumb, The big lebowski
>>
File: suicidebatman-280209.jpg (405 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
suicidebatman-280209.jpg
405 KB, 1920x1200
>>62925367
does Pumping Iron count? or is using arnie cheating?
>>
happiness comes from within
>>
>>62927858
not really
>>
Watching Cloud Atlas always makes me feel better about humanity
>>
the office
>>
Went through a bad spot over the summer with my parents divorcing.

Dad pretty much locked himself away and left his apt only for work. I pretty much resigned myself to ending up the same way, and knowing that, was ready to put a bullet in my head.

And what helps me out but fucking True Detective Season 2.

I pretty much immediately identified with the protags, since I was going through one of those things that splits your life into a before and after.

So watching Omega Station, as Frank limped through the desert with his father yelling at him, I saw myself instead. And I just figured, "I can't let this shit happen to me."

And it still hasn't. And I'm thankful for that.
>>
Harold and Maude really helped. It's now my favourite film. WATCH IT, OP.
>>
It's usually the opposite for me.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.