[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George Lucas says the reason he didn't direct the newest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: Capture.jpg (22 KB, 365x209) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22 KB, 365x209
George Lucas says the reason he didn't direct the newest Star wars installments was because the fans are so critical. He claims his favorite character was Jar Jar Binks.

This makes me sad because I'm a fan from the 70's. I remember Jim Henson and he would have really love Jar Jar.

He also said he was going back to making experimental Movies which is kind of exciting considering American Graffiti was experimental and a lot of fun.

Is JJ sort of an outer shell of protection form this? Maybe he has had more of a roll than everyone is letting on.

I hope so.
>>
>>62924730
>He also said he was going back to making experimental Movies
For fuck's sake he's said this like 50 times in the last 30 years. He's never fucking doing it.
>>
File: shiggy Han.png (1 MB, 889x814) Image search: [Google]
shiggy Han.png
1 MB, 889x814
>>62924730
>considering American Graffiti was experimental
>>
George Lucas is like a social moron.

If you have social capacity, you dont sperg about how unfair the world is being in criticizing you. You just accept what other people say think, make a judgement about what to do, and suck it up.

The prequels would not have been a failure if he had the capacity to manage. As a director he is essentially a manager. Hes got to proper divide out responsibilities to other people.
>>
>>62924852
Shut the fuck up, idiot.
>>
>>62924730
>He also said he was going back to making experimental Movies
>>
>>62924862
its ok George i didn't mind the prequels
>>
>>62924730

Shutup. No one likes Jar Jar.

Jim Henson would have straight up told Lucas how shitty Jar Jar was.
>>
>>62924852
He almost had a heart attack working on the first Star Wars. There is nothing wrong with delegating responsibility.
>>
>>62924852
Don't do this.
>>
>>62924978

>There is nothing wrong with delegating responsibility.

Right, and thats what I said.

>>62925022

Dont do what?

>>62924862

Go to bed George.
>>
Maybe puppet Jar Jar would have worked.

the criticism Lucas got from the prequels was overboard, but the movies weren't very good anyway.

That being said , I think Lucas is trolling people. Luke is probably his favorite character as its suppose to be him.

Plus no man who isn't a 10/10 would refuse to release OT in its original cut. He's just messing with people now
>>
>>62924750
This. That's just one of those things he likes to say in order to seem above the criticism he gets. It's just like how he defended the prequels by saying "Star Wars is for kids," and now criticizes people for not realizing that "Star Wars isn't about spaceships, it's a soap opera." He just likes to act like people don't understand what he's doing. That's why he's always said that he's going to get back to experimental filmmaking: it makes him seem deep, like he's really capable of making great stuff, but his fans don't want him to.

It's all bullshit. He's just lazy and can't take criticism.
>>
>He claims his favorite character was Jar Jar Binks.

Lucas did nothing wrong. It's rabid cancerous fanbase who think the movies are some sort of deep philosophical gift from the heavens when it's just an adventure flick for teenagers. Jarjar was supposed to bring joy and humor except it was received by a jaded fedora'd audience
>>
>>62925087

even normals hate Jar Jar, you're full of shit
>>
>>62925072
Would you release the original cuts of your movie if they hurt the chance of staying valid on the technical front they ushered in?

I want the originals too. If were patient I believe he will release them. They're his babies. How many complaints would people have if he hadn't guys would be bane posting those squares around the ships in The Empire Strikes back ever three minutes if he hadn't of buried them.
>>
>>62925085
>He's just lazy and can't take criticism.

Pretty sure the prequels stuff transcended criticism a long time ago. People act like Lucas burnt their house down then threw a green drape over it and told them to pretend the house is still there.

Most of the time when somebody doesn't like a movie they say their piece and move on. With SW they... linger. Look at this fucking board. 10 years since Sith, 16 since Phantom Menace and the place is littered with people foaming at the their mouths about Jar-Jar and high ground. There were plenty of shitty movies inbetween. and shittier as well. Fuck even the good ones rarely get any discussion here. Good luck talking about Matrix or something. Even that is in danger of somehow being turned into a "at least it's not prequels" shitfest.
>>
>>62925344
>Underrated post
>>
>>62925344
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW LUCAS IS EVIL
>>
>>62925344
>foaming at the their mouths about Jar-Jar and high ground

Dog, I could care far less about SW. Its totally unimportant. Im not mad at all. Its just that high ground is some top shelf fun posting.
>>
>>62925502
>Dog

What did he mean by this?
>>
The only explanation is that the real Lucas was killed and replaced with an imposter. With the billions he had rolling in I could see someone pulling this off.
>>
>>62925538
Sorry. Us white folk spell it 'dog'. How do you spell it? 'Dawg'?
>>
>>62924730
>Thinking Jim Henson who devoted himself to puppetry would like shitty CGI Jar Jar Binks
>>
File: 1408305134520.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1408305134520.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>62925344
>People act like Lucas burnt their house down then threw a green drape over it and told them to pretend the house is still there.
>>
>>62925660
Probably this. But there's an interview with Frank Oz saying he's fine with CGI Yoda since that was needed to make the story work. Jim might have said the same thing.
>>
File: kevininv.png (151 KB, 710x360) Image search: [Google]
kevininv.png
151 KB, 710x360
>>62925594
THEY'RE HERE ALREADY! YOU'RE NEXT!
>>
>>62925746
The reason for the CGI is because Henson is dead. No one can bring an inanimate object to life the way he could.
>>
>>62925746
Jim Henson would have been against Yoda fighting with a lightsaber in the first place like all smart people.
If Yoda didn't do flippy lightsaber bullshit he wouldn't have needed to be cgi.
>>
>>62924730
IT'S STYLISTICALLY DESIGNED TO BE THAT WAY AND WE CAN'T UNDO THAT
>>
>>62924827
THX certainly was.
>>
>>62925971
Then why didn't you say THX, you niggardly faggot?
>>
File: dr-hairy-web-main.jpg (18 KB, 598x300) Image search: [Google]
dr-hairy-web-main.jpg
18 KB, 598x300
>>62925344

Jesus fucking Christ, look, it's someone with a brain! I can't believe those actually exist on this board! Amazing. You sir, get a fucking banana sticker from me.
>>
>>62924730
>>
>>62927206
but rlm DOES make film
check mate Lucas you HACK
>>
>>62927206
I like this meme, it triggers reddit quite a bit.
>>
>>62926575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F73Voy6wwE
>>
>>62927206
Then the credit goes to Gary Kurtz and Irvin Kershner, you know the guys that that hack kicked out after making the GOAT ESB.
>>
>>62927206
>if you're not a creator your opinion is invalid
Thanks, Dobson. This is why artists stagnate. This is why deviant art and tumblr are infested with self taught artists who have reached their pinnacle. Valid is valid.
>>
>>62925344
>I'll try a rational opinion, that's a good trick
>>
>>62924730
experimental in the same way that red wings was the first movie to ever have an all black cast?
>>
>>62925193

I am watching IV now. I am fine with them. The only thing I would want him to remove is the unnecessary CGI creatures on Tatooine. Also, the kiss from Leia is a kiss on the cheek now. I remember seeing the kiss completely cut and without her saying "for good luck".
>>
>>62925502

except high ground is valid. When Maul has the high ground against Obi-Wan, he starts toying with him and that is his downfall. He lost focus. Obi-Wan keeps his wits about him and Anakin gets rekt because of it.
>>
File: youwantmetotrashyourlights.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
youwantmetotrashyourlights.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
The musings of an autistic man. Why does anyone care about what George Lucas thinks? This was the man that was running the show during the prequel era.
>>
Lucas didn't even want to write or direct Star Wars in the first place.
>>
>>62927206

Simon Pegg made some pretty popular films mate.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.