[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this show any good? I watched couple of episodes some time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: americucks.jpg (185 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
americucks.jpg
185 KB, 800x1200
Is this show any good? I watched couple of episodes some time ago but I stopped watching it and I'm not sure if its worth coming back to
>>
Short answer? Yes.

Underrated show. Season 2 and on is when it gets really good.
>>
>>62922502
why would you even stop watching this masterpiece?
easily the one of the best in TV right now. possibly even all time.
>no filler episodes
>no dumb characters
>cold war
>>
>>62922502

Yes, it's one of my favorites. The first few episodes are more loaded with sex and violence than the rest of the series so far.
>>
>>62922502
Definitely althogh the main 2 actors absolutely cannot into russian language. But they hired actual russians for the other russians so at least that's good.
>>
>>62922930

B-b-but the c-c-characters have forgotten their mother tongue
>>
>>62923164
Come on, you can't forget it this much and sound so bad. I honestly wish they at least took some classess to remotely sound russian.
>>
>>62922612

This. You really should continue watching it. I know everyone is quick to claim how their favorite show is the best one, but i honestly cannot name a single flaw that this series might have which actively diminishes the viewing of it. A lot of my favorite shows have a few. Every episode is written fantastically and the chemistry between the two main characters is rock-solid and honest. You're actually feeling for these spies who most of the times don't hesitate to kill just to reach their objective and if they doubt their actions it's done in a very believable and sincere way. Their dilemma's are highly fascinating to watch and most of the times i can't wait to experience the outcome and how it develops their relationship. No filler episodes, they nail the Cold War era atmosphere and a great cast overall. But still Paige is a bitch.
>>
I really like it.

>>62922930
I noticed this too, It's not big deal though since they almost never speak Russian.
>>
>>62923302
I actually really like Paige that phone call in the last episode was pretty stupid of her though, I wonder how that will turn out.
>>
>>62923314
It's cringeworthy when they do.
>>
>>62922502
People who stuck with it really love it.
People who gave up on it have a lot of shit to talk about it.
>>
Pretty boring, desu.
>>
>>62923389

Also the fate of Martha was left a bit vague.
>>
>>62923525
Expected nothing less than a shit opinion from a shit trip
>>
stopped watchin in season 2
nothing of consequence ever fucking happened, it was just spies doing spy shit and cia doing cia shit.
>>
>>62923630
>thinks it was CIA
>>
>>62923630

But you liked FBI doing the FBI shit?
>>
>>62923630
Season 2 had the problem of being very very slow during most of it's run but the start/end are very strong. It's not my favourite.

Season 3 was great throughout.
>>
>>62923630
>cia doing cia shit.

There isn't much CIA shit in the show though. All FBI and KGB mostly.
>>
>>62923605
And Kimberly
>>
>>62923769

Wonder if their thing become deeper, then
>>
>>62922502
>hurrr i was raped guys feel my plight

stopped watching at episode 2.
>>
who /paige/ here?
>>
File: 1368813077118.gif (954 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1368813077118.gif
954 KB, 500x281
>>62923945
I don't think that was ever brought up again. Stop being so sensitive, pussy
>>
>>62923769
he just puts on random costumes. literally no one looked like that in the 80's.
>>
>>62923968
traitorous bitch

will pastor tim inform on them or will he turn out to be a fuggin commie?
>>
the hot girl shows her ass a few times

its very nice
>>
File: file.png (398 KB, 473x596) Image search: [Google]
file.png
398 KB, 473x596
>>62924036
idk
>>
File: the-americans-2-02-philip.png (165 KB, 490x287) Image search: [Google]
the-americans-2-02-philip.png
165 KB, 490x287
>>62924035
>>
>>62923525

when are you going to kill yourself
>>
One of my favourite shows the last years.
>>
>>62924036

Implying pastor Tim isn't working for the KGB
>>
Paige to Gulag when?
>>
>>62924071
Ian?
From Forgotten Weapons
>>
This is the only show or movie that shows real life intelligence practices. This is what spies do in real life. They're often in deep cover assignments. Its not like James Bond, Bourne or any other pleb spy shit from Hollywood. Most likely the show will end with the phillp and liz living in the US after the fall of the USSR and no one finding out their true identity.
>>
>>62924211

There's no reason Russia would have canceled the operations after the fall of SU, but what do I know
>>
>>62924277
Of course but there was far less tension on spies after the cold war. They weren't really sleeper agents anymore.
>>
>>62924277
For ten years they did. No money. Remember the 1990s? Russia went into Hyperinflation because of shock therapy. A lot of these operatives most likely turned free lanced or went completely dark and went on with their lives. Some went to work for the Russian mob. They reactavied the deep cover operatives around the mid 2000s. In the past six years, Putin has become very aggressive and Russian intelligence is now more active and dangerous than the USSR KGB. The SVR is a different beast of its predecessor.
>>
>>62924400
There were sleeper agents. They had no orders. The tensions were down in the 90s and the economic situation was different so the agents were living their lives in the US or turn to the otherside.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.