[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Man In The High Castle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: man-in-the-high-castle.jpg (91 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
man-in-the-high-castle.jpg
91 KB, 1366x768
Just finished binging The Man In The High Castle....what did /tv/ think of it?

I actually really liked it...it was similar enough to the book that it did the original source material proper justice, but then took enough liberties to do its own thing and wow a tv audience. T b h, the characters' personalities and decisions could be infuriating at times, but I guess they were only human, and ended up being at least bearable. What absolutely stole the show was the aesthetic, everything looked and felt incredible. I give it about an A-
>>
i like how it accurately portrays how fucking shit jap culture is
>>
still got 3 eps to go.

like it, will watch S2
>>
The Obergruppenführer is still the most based character
>>
I watched the first 2 preview episodes. Everything but the MC female arc was pretty good, but the writing all around was shit and the MC makes it almost unwatchable. I really hope it picks up. This on Amazon and Jessica Jones o Netflix have been disappointing.
>>
>>62922865
Do you think he's going to kill his own son?

>>62923047
>I watched the first 2 preview episodes
Similar to Bojack, get past 4 and it picks up
>>
As an /a/non the use of Japanese in the Pacific States triggered me.

currency failures
>HERBAL MEDICINES COST ONLY SIX YEN
>ANTIQUE .45 COLT BULLETS COST ONLY 100 YEN EACH
>THE YAKUZA ARE CHARGING ONLY 10,000 YEN IN RANSOM THIS IS EXTORTION
>I CAN'T TAKE YOUR MONEY THAT'S A FEW HUNDRED YEN IT'S TOO MUCH

language failures
>The main female lead thanks a shopkeeper with どうもありがとう instead of ありがとうございます
>An angry Kenpeitai officer orders his men to move out with the polite and friendly 行きましょう in the middle of a raid.
>characters like the crown prince keep speaking in obviously accented Japanese, and its clear that they're played by non Japanese Asian actors, even that guy from Heroes who was actually a Korean had proper accent coaching to sound like he was Japanese

culture failures
>naming an airport after the Showa Emperor's given name which the use of is a massive SHAMEFUR DISPRAY, and they wrote it in katakana too the dumbfucks
>characters failing to bow to the level appropriate for the context in which the bows take place
>>
I'm still curious to see where they'll go with the whole alternative realities plotline. It's clear that there are multiple realities where the films come from, because Joe's film showed Stalin in 1954 when in our world he died in 1953, and the final film showed events that happened in neither our world nor theirs.

Hints that can be developed further for the origin of the films are the radiation burn on Kotomichi's arm (he's from Nagasaki) and Trudy appearing when she should be dead.

Also liked how they were implying that Hitler is the Man in the High Castle, who's trolling everyone by making it so that he gets the films even if the SS fail to get them because the Resistance just delivers them to him. The biggest hint being that he lives in a castle on a mountain.
>>
>>62924494
Why are there so many spics in your irrelevant home board, tourist?
>>
File: 0120 - FL52XPe.jpg (18 KB, 259x253) Image search: [Google]
0120 - FL52XPe.jpg
18 KB, 259x253
>>62924494
You really think that Ridley Scott, the master of set detail, wouldn't have good reasons for all of this to be the way it is, you fucking weebatron?
>>
>>62924494
I mean it was wrong, but i dunno. Inflation and deflation of currency could happen in alt history.
>>
QUESTION

I've only seen the pilot.

How does the grasshopper lies heavy being a movie instead of a book affect the show?

how could abendsen make a movie with footage of things that didn't happen?
>>
>>62924905
>how could abendsen make a movie with footage of things that didn't happen?
They mention that several times throughout the series
>>
>>62924905
There's some big changes from the book.
Chief among them is that the Man in the High Castle doesn't make the films, but the Resistance delivers them to him and in exchange they get useful intel on the Nazis and the Japanese.
It's implied that the films come directly from other realities.
>>
>>62925006
>>62924968

horee sheet

god damn I want to watch this but I don't wanna pay for prime
>>
>>62924905
>How does the grasshopper lies heavy being a movie instead of a book affect the show?

Significantly, but not in a bad way...it's taking the concept of alternate reality media and running with it in its own way, and there are some really tantalizing hints and clues that aren't fully resolved by the end of the season, so now I fucking have to wait for a whole fucking year to find out if the Fuhrer is the man in the high castle
>>
>>62924494
it's ALTERNATE history you autismal weeb retard
>>
>>62925049
Say you're a student, friend, you still need to pay for Prime, but this it's only $50 and you get free 2day shipping on so much stuff

Worth it
>>
this or Jessica Jones?
>>
>>62925167
Starting Jessica Jones tomorrow, already watched TMITHC...from what I've read, Jessica Jones is total normie-bait
>>
>>62925147

I've tried, but I don't live in the US

Need to use .edu email, don't have one.

The 2 day shipping is worthless to me because I still need a courier service to deliver things to my country.
>>
>>62925049
fucking download the torrent then you idiot
>>
File: 1447706543914s.jpg (3 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
1447706543914s.jpg
3 KB, 125x116
I'm starting to think this series is one big scheme to get more people smoking. Can't go 2 minutes without someone lighting up a cigarette
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 571x515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 571x515
>>62925532
Seriously! I'm trying to quit smoking and this show is the worst for that
>>
>>62925532
what?
>>
>>62925355
link?
>>
>>62925532
That kinda bugged me too, I understand the San Fran crowd smoking, but the East Coast Nazis do it all the time despite the fact that Nazi Germany ran massive, successful campaigns against smoking
>>
complete waste of an interesting premise.
>>
File: 1447183770439.png (417 KB, 676x678) Image search: [Google]
1447183770439.png
417 KB, 676x678
>yfw Hitler turned out to be a cool old guy
>>
i just finished the pilot a few hours ago and really liked it, am i in for more good shit?
>>
File: Drinking and Laughing.jpg (8 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
Drinking and Laughing.jpg
8 KB, 209x200
>>62926046
pic related

>>62926276
yes, it's a little slow at first but it gits gud quick
>>
What the hell happened in the ending?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.