[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people love star wars but hate star trek?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: spiderman3.jpg (259 KB, 999x972) Image search: [Google]
spiderman3.jpg
259 KB, 999x972
Why do people love star wars but hate star trek?
>>
Lightsabers. One of the coolest weapons ever invented for a movie.
>>
i thought people liked ST?
>>
Because Star Wars has no thought in it its just pew pew lasers and explosions. Star Trek expects a bit more from its audience so it ends up being boring to the average television viewer.
>>
A lot more pew pew pew in Star Wars.
>>
People hate Trekkies not Star Trek
>>
>>62921374
>tfw you have Tobey Maguire's neck
I feel like I want to kill myself every day
>>
>>62921374
star wars is watered down Fantasy

star trek is watered down Science Fiction
>>
I like them both...before JJ Trek and the prequels anyway.
>>
>>62921466
JJ Trek movies are the best yet, this isn't even in question
>>
Woah, it's the Penguin from Gotham
>>
because star wars has ninja samurais with laser swords who also possess telekinetic and telepathic powers.
>>
>>62921422
yeah but they expect more AND give you less. i.e. shit effects and shit acting. its hard to appreciate a story when it feels like you are watching a Syfy original.
>>
>>62921422
Oh, is that why DS9 is being forcibly memed? It's a Star Wars astroturfing campaign? Makes sense now.
>>
>>62921501
I don't even like star trek and that isn't close to being true. They are just watered down action movies, the second one was mostly on earth which was ridiculous
>>
star trek puts me to sleep
>>
>>62921374

probably because star trek is dated as fuck
>>
File: picabrit.jpg (15 KB, 299x207) Image search: [Google]
picabrit.jpg
15 KB, 299x207
By people do you mean manchildren? Because I hate manchildren.
>>
star trek is boring cow shit
star wars is more fun
>>
>>62921605
They're fun action adventure movies with some banter, the sort of thing Marvel tries to do and fails at. OId Trek movies are just dated and corny nowadays.
>>
File: 124715224.jpg (2 MB, 3908x2605) Image search: [Google]
124715224.jpg
2 MB, 3908x2605
>>62921452

Neck can get bigger,stronger...
>>
It's a meme, really. For some reason every piece of work on TV hammers into your head that Star Trek is fucking gay as hell and will make you a faggot. Eventually you crave its comfiness because everything else is high octane explosive diarrhea.
>>
>>62921503
this
>>
Star Trek just got too preachy. Especially Next Generation.
>>
>>62921779
>OId Trek movies are just dated and corny nowadays.
They just go over your head now. People need explosions every 20 seconds to interrupt any potential thoughts.
>>
>>62921374
Personally the Star Wars races feel a bit more realistic. There is some variance between every race. Furthermore no race is firmly cast into any specific role (with a few exceptions like the Kaminoans as the "cloning race").

I love Star Trek, but the races in it are just "humans + _____" and their cultures are completely set into a single role. Klingons are just warriors (to the point where dying of anything other than combat wounds is shameful), the Vulcans are pure logic, the Romulans are Rome with spaceships and extreme emotions, and the Ferengi are literally solely greedy.
>>
File: 1242939128750.gif (1 MB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1242939128750.gif
1 MB, 255x255
>>62922161

>that Star Trek is fucking gay as hell and will make you a faggot.
>>
>>62922161
>>
>The Man From Earth
literal Star Trek movie
>Transformers
literal Star Wars movie
>>
they're both trash
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.