[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: annoying PC comedians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 15
File: stewart-lee-2332613.jpg (125 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
stewart-lee-2332613.jpg
125 KB, 2197x1463
ITT: annoying PC comedians
>>
File: 1447867718509.jpg (4 KB, 88x79) Image search: [Google]
1447867718509.jpg
4 KB, 88x79
>>62919849
>>
>>62919886
/thread. What makes him so fucking annoying amongst the myriad of other reasons is that his target audience think he somehow non-PC.
>>
>>62920991
B-but current year man is so mean to people who aren't pc, and being mean isn't pc!
>>
Is anyone else sick of the SJW shit everywhere? I know not everyone will agree, but I for one am tired of being told to check my privilege. Hopefully I will find like-minded redpilled people on this website.
>>
File: Bo-Burnham_2641727k.jpg (54 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
Bo-Burnham_2641727k.jpg
54 KB, 858x536
>>
File: 1418066877109.jpg (77 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1418066877109.jpg
77 KB, 768x1024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IYx4Bc6_eE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUOGrtj2iRU

Based as fuck.
>>
>>62921237
Your neckbeard grew two inches from posting this
>>
>>62919849
It's an act you twat.
Also at least he's good unlike every other PC 'comedian'.
>>
>>62919886
>>62920991

This.

>Attack exclusively "safe" targets (whites, Christians, Americans, Republicans, etc.).
>Your dumbass audience thinks you are "rebellious and edgy".

Daily reminder that libshits don't want "dangerous" and "edgy" comedy that offends them.
When they say they want offensive humor, they mean they want comedy that offends their parents.
>>
>>62921444

>Nobody banned Christmas!

Schools have LITERALLY banned students from ever having clothing or material on school grounds that indicate a relation to Christmas or Christmas-time Christian traditions.
It has happened COUNTLESS times.
The Libs pulling the "there's no war on Christmas!"-card are idiots running damage-control.
>>
I only watch Mac comedians.
>>
>>62921483
Ha ha found the faggot libkek. Bet you like that thick black cock in your ass, don't you faggot? Bet you want to lick the cream off Tyrone's rock hard monster dong and then have him pick you up in his strong arms and cleave your butthole in two with his primal savage thrusts. Homo libtard.
>>
>>62921634
That would be all of them.
>>
>>62921444
He can say his act is exaggerated but he literally wants censorship and an end to free speech, he literally wants people to lose their jobs and maybe have their lives ruined over a stupid comment that might have hurt someone else's feelings for an afternoon.
>>
File: ZYYYYYYZZZ.jpg (68 KB, 948x711) Image search: [Google]
ZYYYYYYZZZ.jpg
68 KB, 948x711
hey guys!!
>>
>>62921656
Pretty descriptive there, buckaroo
>>
>>62921631
>Schools have LITERALLY banned students from ever having clothing or material on school grounds that indicate a relation to Christmas or Christmas-time Christian traditions.
No they have not. No school in the UK has ever done this. You have 15 minutes to prove me wrong.
>>
>>62921631
Starbucks this year has flat out gotten rid of their holiday cups to avoid some pc fags bitching about them
>>
>>62922668
I'm torn. I've found him pretty funny in parks and rec and human giants. But my god he has the shittiest views and is absolutely racist against whites.
>>
>>62919849
you are a pleb OP
>>
>>62922668
nice shirt bro
where r ur teeth
>>
>>62922335
>he literally wants censorship and an end to free speech, he literally wants people to lose their jobs and maybe have their lives ruined over a stupid comment that might have hurt someone else's feelings for an afternoon.
No he doesn't. He was IRL prosecuted for blasphemy for writing "Jerry Springer The Opera".
>>
>>62922668
notice how the daily shill threads for his shitty show suddenly dried up?
I guess the marketing account ran out of money
>>
LMAO!!!!
>>
>>62922803

Pretty much. They're a company run by Libturds.

And when Christians accused them of doing EXACTLY that, i.e. playing the PC Olympics on a coprorate level, the media spun it into a "LEL THEY CARE ABOUT COFFEE CUPS, CHRISTIANS SURE ARE STUPID!" narrative.
>>
>>62922840
>why do blacks always complain about racism lol just get over it who cares if someone offends you
>THIS MAN IS RACIST AGAINST WHITES
>>
>>62922803
or some marketing team thought the design looked better flat red

if they wanted to ignore the holiday they wouldn't have made a new cup
>>
>>62922979
I'd love for him to go to each family of the 120 victims of the Paris attacks and try defending Islam to them. Bees and peanuts don't randomly decide to bomb and shoot up places just because while screaming god is great in their own tongue.
Also your chances of being killed in the name of Islam definitely go up if you live in a target city
>>
>>62923014
Actually the issue is more so
>white says anything remotely racist about any other race
>people demand their job on a silver platter, and harass them relentlessly
>minority says racist thing about whites
>HAHAHA COMEDY GOLD MY FRIEND
>>
>>62922840
>absolutely racist against whites.
so his character in flight of the conchords was actually just him playing himself? kek
>>
>>62923037
Don't pretend they just randomly decided to do away with their holiday cups they've been doing for years now for no reason.
>>
>>62921631
>>62922769
15 minutes are up, I accept your apology for spreading lies on the internet.
>>
Jesus Christ, what year is it?
>>
>don't feel like going to a big event with a lot of people because I might get blown up by muslim terrorists
>realize I'm being racist and it's wrong not to be killed by muslim terrorists if that's what they want
>>
>>62921237
I'm a gay libertarian, the amount of liberal bullshit people expect me to think is unbelievable I argued with my friends so much I try not to talk to them anymore because it pisses me off, I go to /pol/ to chill but they hate homos so somethings I feel both the left and right dislike me
>>
>>62923094
well that makes sense
still grinds my gears to see white people complaining about racism then telling people not to complain about racism
>>
>>62923121
has anyone in the past ever complained about it
has it ever brought them any bad press in the past

its just a redesign, stop being so sensitive
>>
>>62922840
>implying there's anything wrong with racism
Found the faggot.
>>
>>62919849
He's a massive lefty, but far from PC. A lot of his material skirts around the border of being "offensive", or is purposefully provocative to make the audience squirm
>>
>>62921444

>political correctness is good
>it leads directly to the Rotherham mass child rape scandal

where's your routine about that Stew, you fucking cunt
>>
>>62923219
It's a redesign specifically meant to avoid complaints
>>
>>62923321
>far from PC

He has done multiple routines throughout his career defending political correctness and even argued against a Radio 4 audience for not being politically correct enough. It's the lynchpin of his persona. There is absolutely nothing offensive about any piece of work Stewart Lee has ever done.
>>
>>62923187
>still grinds my gears to see white people complaining about racism then telling people not to complain about racism
The majority of this happening is when people are complaining about things that aren't actually affecting them, or are exaggerating. For instance, people complaining about black slavery, once it's been abolished for decades, is ridiculous because there is still slavery going on today.
And people insisting racism is more important than other things is also stupid. All the fags online getting mad that 120 people being fucking murdered in Paris is taking attention away from mizzou, where the biggest offense was a poop swastika, is fucking disgusting.
>>
>>62923055
>>62922979
Good lads, you oughta be afraid of Islamists at all times. Live in perpetual terror but maybe if you agree to these civil restrictions it might be slightly less terrifying.
Reminder to never feel safe or comfortable in your life, there's also a spooky muslim watching and waiting to jihad you.
>>
DUDE
SCIENCE & LOGIC
LMAO
>>
>>62923447
>Reminder to never feel safe or comfortable in your life, there's also a spooky muslim watching and waiting to jihad you.
>implying this isn't true
All it takes is for you to draw a picture of Muhammad, sign your name to it, and you are guaranteed to get exploded son. Please do it if you think I'm wrong.
>>
>>62919849
You know it's an act right,
He isn't actually like that
>>
>>62923448

>this shit again
>>
>>62923448
It is pretty fucked how mudslimes scream god is great while murdering people. Or those videos where they watch explosions in the distance and just scream god is great over and over
>>
File: 1352222869266.gif (836 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
1352222869266.gif
836 KB, 300x212
>DUDE POLITICALLY INCORRECT WORKING CLASS LMAO
>>
>>62923448

>Atheists never commit spree-killings
Not when you ignore the times they do.

Also,
>Atheism and "science" are interchangeable
Lel.
>>
>>62923427
>There is absolutely nothing offensive about any piece of work Stewart Lee has ever done.

What about the one where he wishes Richard Hammond had been decapitated in his crash but retained enough sentience to feel rolling through burning motor oil? Or the bit where he hopes Clarkson's kids are blinded? Or where he vomits into the gaping anus of Christ? Or the bit where he describes Osama Bin Laden's corpse being raped by Max Hardcore?
>>
>>62923524
Allahu Akbar is more or less equivalent to us saying "Oh my god!!" which is why they'll chant it even when being mowed down by an Mi-24.
>>
>>62919886
What year is it again?
>>
>>62923427
>There is absolutely nothing offensive about any piece of work Stewart Lee has ever done.
What about the bit at the end of "41st Best Stand Up Ever" about vomiting into the mouth of Jesus Christ?
>>
File: 1362085384429.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1362085384429.gif
2 MB, 300x290
I know it's an act, but your act as a comedian is supposed to be funny, Stuart.
>>
>>62923518
>highschool had yearly assemblies about columbine and the girl Rachel who knew the boys and was killed by them
It was called Rachels challenge, and we were shown stuff in her notebook about how she wrote about her knowing she would die young, and have an impact on the world, and she even drew some picture of someone crying out blood tear drops, the exact number of the victims of columbine. And yet somehow I'm an asshole when I point out it kinda sounds like she was in on the killings, rather than she was a psychic.
>>
>>62919886
/thread
>>
>>62923555

Yeah, man. Mocking Christianity and Jesus is so offensive these days. I was really mortally offended when I saw someone being disrespectful to Jesus, since I had never seen such a thing in my life before. It was really shocking.

I can only retain the same level of shock for when he later said he wishes a right-wing person would die and go blind. Truly he has reached a new level of offence.
>>
>>62923571
No, it means "God is great!". If you go and see the videos of France bombing ISIS you'll notice not a single person is screaming Allahu Akbar, which they would be if it meant "oh my god"
>>
>>62919849
jesus Christ OP. You embarrassed yourself in 4 words. I remember why I never frequent this board
>>
>>62923427
>>62923427
I disagree. I would consider someone like Russell Howard who would never even consider doing controversial material to be PC. Stewart Lee might be in favour of PC values but he at least approaches the topic in a non-PC manner

to add examples off the top of my head

>this sketch about his "imaginary black wife" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDs7-QYlGyY

>the skit of old edgy comedy with the repeated catchphrase "mice are just fag rats" (can't find a link)

>his anti-Islam satire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOb2KQHr7V0

they would never broadcast this stuff in Russel Howard's time slot
>>
>>62922979
The sole purpose of the program was to have a comedy chat show about the 2012 paralympics.

Now it's purpose is so channel 4 execs can rant their political views through the medium of a peg legged aussie and a fat lobster boy.
>>
>>62922769
>in the UK
>>
>>62923121
>>62923010

haha you fucking morons
>>
>>62923725
>I'm not refuting either ones point, but I'm right!
>>
>>62919849
he isn't PC op, he is just H&S
>>
>>62922769

>No school in the UK has ever done this.

I didn't say "in the UK", numb-nuts.
>>
>>62923627
You're not offended by it so it's not offensive? I'd find it hard to believe there has ever been a comedy act that would offend a typical chan poster.
Good job on missing the muslim part.
Also he was sued and widely protested over alleged blasphemy in his work so what exactly is your definition of offensive?
>>
>>62921444
Shit like safespaces really feel like political correctness gone mad.

Also I heard Sarah Silvermen claims to be for it. Though I think its light stuff like saying "thats so gay"
>>
>>62923571

>Allahu Akbar is more or less equivalent to us saying "Oh my god!!"

ITT idiots pulling shit out of their ass.
>>
>>62923759
Check the dates on the videos.
>>
>>62923555
i hope this is bait
he even fucking explains it in the bit
>>
>>62919849
The core bit of Stewart Lee is basically a deconstruction of tired standup, which doesnt' really have anything to do with "PC"
>>
>>62923800
There's no context to comedy anon
>>
File: dylspinks.jpg (16 KB, 314x340) Image search: [Google]
dylspinks.jpg
16 KB, 314x340
>>62923697
>mice are just fag rats
dyl spinks
you know what mice are?
ill tell you what mice are
fag rats!
must have been comedy vehicle s1 because they had the cutaway sketches
>>
File: tttm.jpg (5 KB, 180x142) Image search: [Google]
tttm.jpg
5 KB, 180x142
>>62923823
>>
>>62923759
>Shit like safespaces really feel like political correctness gone mad.
It is, and see how many people got swept up in that shit just for the sake of being pc. And they went as far as to violate the first amendment and force reporters out and to leave, while being so fucking smug about it "We're just walking forward, we have a right to walk forward lol"
And no one involved is going to be seriously punished beyond having little titles taken away that meant nothing to begin with
>>
>>62923751
>he was sued and widely protested over alleged blasphemy in his work so what exactly is your definition of offensive?

my idea of offensive is somebody who thinks that Stephen Green and the Christian Voice somehow have more power in society than multiple BAFTA award winning BBC celebrity Stewart Lee

>>62923697
>he at least approaches the topic in a non-PC manner

Because it is necessary to abandon your system of thought in order to question it and critique it. You couldn't determine the value of i.e. utilitarianism without criticising it from a non-utilitarian point of view. Russell Howard doesn't do this, because he does not question anything and his act is not one which contains probing thoughts. Stewart Lee does however, in the most one-sided and lib-tacular way, eventually coming down on the side that Russell Howard was right and that we should all be PC anyway! wasn't that convenient
>>
>>62923627
You sound pretty mad t b h.
>>
>>62923744

You don't have any points, you have whiny scaremongering. They're just changed the colour of the fucking Starbucks cups to minimalist red (a colour associated with Christmas). It's not like the old ones had fucking Christian iconography on them, it was just baubles and Christmas tree branches and mittens and snowmen and reindeer and presents and snowflakes and other vague Christmassy/wintery symbols. It's not like there was a mini-Nativity or New Testament verses or something. Stop being such a stupid fuck for five minutes yeah.
>>
>>62923996

i'm mad because people think Stew is somehow cutting edge, or challenging, when he is simply an accelerated version of the same smug libshit currently running our media and government.
>>
>>62919886
TWENTY
FIFTEEN
>>
>>62923961
Ayy lmao, so your idea of offensive actually /is/ a Stewart Lee bit and therefore has done offensive material.
Post a comedian you deem offensive and non-pc so I can tell you how unoffended I am.
>>
>>62923961

>he disagrees with me, this is clearly some kind of liberal PC comedy conspiracy
>>
>>62923627
The outrage that Jerry Springer: The Opera was attacked by Christians far outsized the actual outrage against Jerry Springer: The Opera. It probably drove Lee to possess some form of bias against the Right. If some of his material was attacked by a Gay Rights group or whatever he might gain a more balanced perspective. That way he'd have been fucked over by the authoritarian right AND left.
>>
>>62924058
but it is "challenging" you stubborn cunt, even if the conclusion of the piece differs from your opinion

when else have you watched an anti-islam sketch on prime time TV?

How you can claim that Lee is the same as all the other bland PC comedians is beyond me
>>
>>62923798
Well I never really hear about the whole "strait white middle class male" thing being bitched about in those days. Just recently.
>>
>>62924171
>when else have you watched an anti-islam sketch on prime time TV?
His "anti islam sketch" is actually an "anti-people who think he should do an anti islam sketch" sketch.
>>
>>62924104
>this is clearly some kind of liberal PC comedy conspiracy

If it's not a conspiracy, how come there are comparably zero right-wing, non-liberal comedians

isn't that just even slightly suspicious to you

>>62924087

Sam Hyde is a good non-pc standup. Here is a good example of his material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyE78eyFRa8

I can't show you anybody who offends me because either I'm not offended by anything, or everything offends me equally much that I can't tell anymore.

>>62924171
>but it is "challenging" you stubborn cunt,

If it's challenging you to think, "oh, maybe I should be EVEN MORE liberal than I already was anyway" then it's not a challenge; it's a sermon.

>when else have you watched an anti-islam sketch on prime time TV?

You are under the impression that sketch Lee did was anti-Islam. It was in fact pro-Islam. Or at least net pro-Islam since the actual routine was about mocking people who dislike Islam and Stew was channelling them and telling everybody how silly they are.

>How you can claim that Lee is the same as all the other bland PC comedians is beyond me

He's different in that he's intellectual and his standup has structure and all kinds of meta-through lines and other stuff, and he's also accomplished and very skilled. My only objection to him is politically and ideologically, because on that domain he is literally the exact same as the Russell comedians he hates so much.
>>
>>62924329
stop shilling Sam, it's getting ridiculous
>>
File: 1447457120822.png (276 KB, 600x488) Image search: [Google]
1447457120822.png
276 KB, 600x488
>>62919886
god I hate this asshole

he's just so fucking annoying
>>
>>62924280
I know. He explains that.

What I'm trying to say is, no other mainstream comedian would even touch that material or pretend for one second that they were anti-islam

Lee at least has the balls to confront the issue unlike the truly PC comedians who would never dare to broach the topic. He may be an overly lefty cunt but at least his material is engaging
>>
>>62924443
Is Lee mainstream? I don't think he'd agree, he comes from the alt. scene really. He's like England's Mark Maron, except he doesn't have a podcast.
>>
>>62924329
>If it's not a conspiracy, how come there are comparably zero right-wing, non-liberal comedians

Comedy has zero entry barrier, anyone can play dozens of shitty little clubs every night. If there are no right-wing comedians it's because they have no material or don't have the balls to try it.
>>
>>62924329
>Sam Hyde is a good non-pc standup.
I like some of his videos (Moms and the TEDx talk for example), but let's get real here.
He's a greasy thick-lipped retard who lives with his mommy and thinks standup is angrily strawmanning the people he hates while holding a script and gasping for breath. He needs to work on actually telling jokes, because preaching isn't funny no matter what your personal politics are.
>>
>>62924329
sam hydes mike brown routine is goat.

i'm pretty much prejudice against everything and everyone and i hate pretty much every comedian because they are all lefty cunts but i have a real soft spot for Lee because at least he seems to consider his opinions properly instead of spouting whatever kneejerk extremist leftwing nonsense that is completely stupid or impossible that they can to get a cheer or a clap from a group of idiots.
>>
>>62924329
>how come there are comparably zero right-wing, non-liberal comedians
>isn't that just even slightly suspicious to you

But you're wrong, there are loads. Jeremy Clarkson is commonly accepted as a right wing comedian. Roy Chubby Brown represents the worst excesses of the uneducated right in the UK. Jason Manford also gets lambasted for being an Islamophobe or whatever. You just ignore them or don't mention them because it doesn't fit your narrative. The bottom line is comedians aren't politicians, they're performers and businessmen. Their routines will appeal to what people want to see. Sure, they will perform for certain niches of the public, and appeal to certain comedic sensibilities, but that doesn't mean they're part of some kind of autistic conspiracy, it just means they know their audience and their market. Stop being such a fucking idiot with your conspiracy nonsense.
>>
>>62924469
alternative comedy? alternative TO comedy.
and he isn't a jew
>>
>>62922979
>muslims downplaying ISIS as being a tiny threat we blow out of proportion
>muslims refuse to go fight ISIS and play up the threat when they want refugee status

Gosh dern ruffians
>>
>>62921656
Triggered aspie
>>
>>62924534
so you have one journalist, one guy that nobody has heard of in 100 years and an actual comedian who has never said anything controversial on tv
>>
>>62924329
Would you say we need a quota to make comedy more inclusive to sniveling unfunny little conservative faggots like yourself?
>>
>>62924627
Clarkson is a comic actor and if you can't see that you're blind. On-camera, he's an exaggeration of certain facets of his personality in the same way Stewart Lee's on stage performance is an exaggeration of certain elements of himself. They're identical, conceptually.
>>
>>62924534
>Their routines will appeal to what people want to see

Absofuckinglutely my point. And thus we get to the main stab of my argument: we live in an incredibly liberal culture which is hostile to non-liberal attitudes. And Stewart Lee is the king of this attitude, and him always painting himself as a victim or an underdog or an outsider is the most disingenuous act of mental gymnastics ever, since he receives multiple awards and tv shows, whereas any type of comedy that might even be slightly challenging to the mass liberal media dominance is aborted before it has a chance to breathe. It's not a conspiracy, this is just our life in the 21st Century. You didn't get mass public acceptance of trannies in 1904 because people conformed to more traditional beliefs back then, and now we just have a different type of conformity, that's all.
>>
>>62924329
well I'm tired and going to bed now (bottom guy)

I think you're being unfair to tar Lee with the same brush as the average shite comedians but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree

good night
>>
>>62924666
>Clarkson is a comic actor
he presented top gear and spouted some exaggerated possibly even false opinions just to stir the shit
can hardly call him an actor or a comedian
not like he does stand up or anything like jim davidson e.g.
>>
>>62924644

But I believe in radical exclusion and extreme meritocracy, Anon. If you cannot perform or make me laugh you should be weeded out. :^)

>conservative

i'm a reactionary, i hate conservatives.
>>
>>62924739
>can hardly call him an actor or a comedian
90% of what he says is a funny observation or something that literally ends with a punchline. Him, Hammond and May are the British Three Stooges. I like them, it's fine, but it's true.
>>
>>62922840
I loved his first 2 stand up specials. they were about internet, social media, you know "techy" stuff. It was fresh and I liked it. (the R. Kelly explains things bit? hilarious)

But I don't know what happened along the line but his third one turned a bit sour there. I still laughed but there were parts were I just sat emotionless through it and wondered why I'm not digging it right now.

He wanted to put himself into black culture so much with his Kanye shit and parties and what not, at the same time rips on "white" Americans. I love "white jokes" altogether lol, but with him it was just out of place somehow.
Also notice how much he embraces his heritage "I'm so proud man, my family man, I have a little chubby Indian cousin haha!" but at the same time distances himself wanting to be one of the big black rapping party boys.
I think he's caught up in the PLEASE LOVE ME complex. Wanting to say all the right stuff, bashing on what's cool to bash on right now.
Have you seen his interview with Conan O'Brien where he talks about the actor of Short Circuit portraying an Indian?
The whole set up to the actual interview is just awful.
>Aw man, so, he was actually white, man! and people think oh man that's so racist man! but you know, I'm all for dialogue man and we have to talk to these actors why they did it you know, man?

jesus christ.
1. why would you think it's racist? he's an actor and he PERFECTLY portrayed an Indian.
2. YOU BELIEVED and LOVED the character because you thought he was one of your boys and JUST THAT made you already proud!

Again, I think he's so preoccupied with how he can either get more publicity or what people might think that he's losing his good materials.
He should be himself and stop worrying how to get rid of racism (mirror - M.J.) or how to save the world and start being funny again.

There are way better stand ups out there and I should care less but he seemed fresh in his 2 first shows. shame to see it go down the drain.
>>
>>62924709
he can win as many awards as you want it doesn't mean he isn't an outsider
you stop a random person in the street chances are they have never fucking heard of him
also comparing him to other comedians i'd say its quite apparent he puts in a lot of fucking effort into his work.
and he does an insane amount of charity work
>>
>>62923447
I'm not afraid of them, but they are definitely bad for my country and I want them out. Is there anything wrong with that?

I wouldn't sacrifice muh freedoms to accomplish mate just send them back to where they came from and be done with it.
>>
>>62924627

Stop being such a bloody idiot. Brievik described Clarkson as “one of the few things worth watching on the Burqa Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)”. And he's still massively popular. And Roy Chubby Brown is still massively popular as well, as club comics go.

In the UK, we've had an uninterrupted run of centre-right governments since Thatcher, and political comedy and satire is usually best when targeted at those in power. But this wasn't always the case. People like Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson used to be really popular. There's no filter stopping stand-up comedians from saying things, there really isn't. Frankie Boyle, for a long time, but just undirectedly aggressive and amusingly brutal about current affairs or whatever, it's only recently he's started to direct himself politically. It's just that the audiences who pay for stand-up shows and DVDs are majority leftish. Just the way it is right now.
>>
>>62924760
Only soulless keks who suck circumcised dick are for extreme meritocracy. True reactionaries are for aristocracy.
>>
https://youtu.be/AdNAhlqnxA0
Why aren't there more right-wing comedians /tv/? Why aren't people laughing at these jokes?
>>
>>62922919
Of course an old leftie would write a play that offends Christians. That's fine of course. Anyway that was a private prosecution by some Christian group that was rejected by the courts.

He defends political correctness because he says it has stopped overt racist politics campaigns, and he's probably right this is a good thing, but political correctness has swung too far the other way, so that (unjustified) complaints and offence just like the kind he suffered with his play, also occurs with matters of race and religions that aren't Christianity. The difference is when the complaints come from Christians people roll their eyes and dismiss it, but when the complaints come from Muslims, for example, suddenly the police get involved and start taking people away under suspicion of racism and hate crimes. This is what people mean when they say "political correctness gone mad", and if Stuart Lee thinks this is a good price to pay, then unless he is just saying it on stage for laughs, he's a fucking idiot.
>>
>>62924860
>it doesn't mean he isn't an outsider

the comedy establishment basically sucked him off and told him how much they love him (remember Russell Brand saying Stew was his biggest influence) and it made him embarrassed because he was ideologically compromised and being a "success" undermines the whole of his routine and character, which is why all his routines have now moved onto how he is a failure in other ways, in his home life between his wife and son, so he can avoid the giant elephant in the room.

>>62924921

yeah but in practice, meritocracy is what (more or less) begets aristocracy. if they are not the best, they are not aristocracy.
>>
>>62924534
>Roy Chubby Brown represents the worst excesses of the uneducated right in the UK

Oh dear. Time for you to fuck off back to reddit.
>>
>>62924329
Sam Hyde is not good at standup
>>
>>62924666
You're a fool if you think there's a place for anything on TV that isn't sterile, left wing hippy drippy nonsense.
>>
>>62924964
>This is what people mean when they say "political correctness gone mad",

Also the coverup of 1,400 girls who were violently gang raped in Rotherham because according to the Jay Report the council was beset by too much "institutional political correctness".

That's generally what I think when I hear the phrase PC gone mad.
>>
File: IRA O'Brien.jpg (17 KB, 233x269) Image search: [Google]
IRA O'Brien.jpg
17 KB, 233x269
>>62922979
>Less than 2% of all terror attacks are not carried out in the name of Islam.

Fixed that for him. Inb4 Muh IRA
>>
>>62924921
Political labels fucking annoy me.
>reactionaries want to return to fucking 1500
>liberals want to curtail speech and limit freedoms
>conservatives want intrusive big government and big corporations

It's all meaningless drivel and tribal baiting. Manufactured group us vs them, not actual policy or sincere beliefs.
>>
>>62925057
Then why is Top Gear, Fox and Sky News so popular?
>>
This might colour the debates about political correctness and how it is automatically equated to left-wing individuals: the use of 'politically correct' as a criticism was formed by New Left African American feminists ('womanists') in the 1970s. It criticised both the politicalisation of social movements based around racial equality or gender equality or whatever, and also criticised that politicians appealed to these social movements just for votes. They didn't want their movements to turn into political entities that only conducted themselves according to the party line, i.e. what was correct according to the politics, rather than what was basic human compassion or justice.
>>
>>62925064
But according to a Stuart Lee routine, you're racist if you think that, and also disgusting gang rape of hundreds of young girls is a small price to pay so that right wing politicians or comedians can't use nasty words.

I can't for one minute believe that Stuart Lee is stupid enough to believe any of this, but then again it wouldn't surprise me any more. Ass you have pointed out, men who rape young teenagers get away scot free because the authorities let them. Western society has become an absurd perversion of fear and self loathing.
>>
>>62924995
>yeah but in practice, meritocracy is what (more or less) begets aristocracy. if they are not the best, they are not aristocracy.

this is a modern Enlightenment concept. For most of human civilization, aristocracy is what you are born into, not something you can achieve.
>>
>>62925111
who "manufactures" these positions? How are they not "sincere" ideologies?
>>
>>62925261
>aristocracy is what you are born into, not something you can achieve

but when you consider that greatness probably has a huge hereditary component. it's not a big leap to go from "people who are most able should rise to the top" => "the ones at the top are inherently most able and we should trust them to rule"
>>
>>62924995
>yeah but in practice, meritocracy is what (more or less) begets aristocracy. if they are not the best, they are not aristocracy.
>>62925368
Are you niggers being serious right now? Would you happen to come from a country that has never had an aristocracy and haven't read much history?
>>
>>62925143
I'm afraid Top Gear is ded, and even when it was broadcast was on BBC2, not the main channel. FOX and Sky are both private networks and owned by a notorious right wing media king, and still in many ways operate on the fringe, certainly in Britain. I'm not saying the audience isn't there, which is why it's all the more strange how the likes of Stuart Lee and Russell Howard don't have much trouble getting their own shows, but comedians on the other side don't get a look in. If you want to get on the BBC just make sure there is a blatant left wing slant and jokes about UKIP and you're all set.
>>
>>62925451

i'm from the UK, but go on..
>>
>>62923597
>Rachel's Challenge

It's a scam run by their family members today.
>>
>>62925000

don't tell me you think roy chubby brown's standup is actually functionally observational
>>
Jimmy Carr is a bit anti-PC and offensive in his actual stand-ups. Was just watching it on Channel 4, he did the 'how dyou make a gay fuck a woman' joke.
>>
>>62925368

If you actually think this about the historical British aristocracy you deserve to crawl around in the mud like some kind of useless cretin.
>>
>>62925493
Any number of squandered fortunes, incompetent commisioned officers and retarded heirs is surely evidence enough. Do you really think Prince Charles is the best man to lead the country?
>>
>>62925619

Jimmy Carr is a nihilist joke android who needs to be gassed.

>>62925648

they conquered and administrated the globe quite successfully for over a century, anon. does that make me a serf to admit that?

>>62925668
>Do you really think Prince Charles is the best man to lead the country?

did you read the part where i said that meritocracy is what creates aristocracy? in what field has Charles proven himself, other than, the field of having a powerful mother? aristocracy simply means 'rule of the best'. if they are not the best, and incompetent, as you say, then they are not aristocracy.
>>
>>62925535
People always seem to do scams when their kid dies. Some kid at my highschool killed himself by jumping off the school roof, and for some reason the school ran a gift card drive for the family. Giving them gift cards to random places, food stuff, shopping stuff, you name it. How shameful can people be?
>>
>>62925733
Oh so you meant the original ancient greek meaning rather than the common and current meaning of an inherited aristocratic class?
>t the time of the word's origins in Ancient Greece, the Greeks conceived it as rule by the best qualified citizens—and often contrasted it favourably with monarchy, rule by an individual. In later times, aristocracy was usually seen as rule by a privileged group, the aristocratic class, and was contrasted with democracy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristocracy
>>
>>62925902

ya, i'm sorry to use a retarded meaning for it. if you check your polybius cycle appropriately, i think the term most people mean when they use "aristocracy" these days is more akin to the corrupted version, "oligarchy".
>>
>>62925586
I never said it had to be. He's a crude, northern comic and has every right to perform and earn a living. There appears to be an audience for that, and if you and Russell Howard want to mock them for that then feel free. Meanwhile they will be mocking an ideology that forces women to wear a thick black sheet in the desert.
>>
>>62926375
So why does he have to fuck off back to reddit? Are you offended by his opinion?
>>
>>62925064
Problem is, that phrase is rarely actually applied to actual instances of political correctness having gone mad. It's applied to Jeremy Clarkson punching one of his employers in the face and getting fired.
>>
>>62926600
Not offended, just irritated by the whiff of superiority and prejudice. People like that are just the other cheek of the same arse.
>>
>>62926656
You can't really generalise like that. Stuart Lee's "if you think political correctness has gone mad then ur stupid and racist" gives out a very unfortunate message and reinforces a worrying ignorance of a growing problem in our society. Political correctness mean hundreds of underage girls got raped and the suspects weren't investigated or arrested. Political correctness means criticising Islam could very well get you arrested should someone make a complaint, for racism of all things. Islam isn't a race, it's a ideology, and we can't criticise an ideology we're all fucked.
>>
>>62919886
SHOO SHOO SLIMY LIMEY
>>
File: a shig supreme.jpg (508 KB, 925x925) Image search: [Google]
a shig supreme.jpg
508 KB, 925x925
>>62922803
>>62923010
>seriously complaining about the red cup
Bitching about something so trivial is hurting your cause instead of helping it. Focus on stuff that actually matters.
>>
>>62922668
poo
in
the
loo
>>
>>62923448
>Atheism
>Science

poor reason to be an atheist
>>
>>62924932
I like his cousin Boiston Paul as well.
>>
>>62929982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX6SZbX_s5A
>>
>>62921265
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcLFmN7aJe0
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.