[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw a thread yesterday about what Jim Carrey said ("My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: jim-carrey2.jpg (71 KB, 1100x732) Image search: [Google]
jim-carrey2.jpg
71 KB, 1100x732
I saw a thread yesterday about what Jim Carrey said ("My soul is not contained within the limits of my body; my body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul."). I saw the responses to this thread and they were mostly negative. It made me wonder. I know most people on here enjoy living in a negative world and speeches like Jim Carrey's seem top tier ridiculous for you. But the point is, he is actually right. He said that our eyes not only see but project. I mean if you think about it, he is right. Your attitude affects the world around you. I was in the same situation as most people on here. Hating people that look shitty or are dumb, making fun of people who got a shit load of money by doing nothing. But in the end, you can make fun of them all you want, you, yourself will spin in circles, not moving forward. I mean why are so many people on here a bunch of virgin losers. Because people made you believe that. They made you what you are today, but you should make yourself whoever you want to be. Because in the end you have to not give a fuck about what other people say about you. It's not their fault that you can't accomplish your dreams, it's yours, for listening to them. For listening to your own excuses, why you can't do this or that. If you got working arms and legs and a brain you have more than enough to do anything you want. That's what he meant, you can be whatever you want, but we choose to limit ourself. Sometimes we have to forget our ego and listen to something that might sound ridiculous at first, but might actually be true. It's hell lot of fun to make fun about people who say something that sounds crazy at first. But sometimes you have to think about this stuff, because if you make fun of it, you might miss something very important that was being said.
>>
>>62915473
nice blog senpai
>>
Divide that shit into paragraphs m8
>>
Pro tip: Jim Carrey is bat-shit crazy
>>
How Can Bodies Be Real If Our Souls Aren't Real
>>
>>62915473
>implying I'm gonna read your blog post
>>
>>62915473
Who is his tulpa? I'm guessing Braeburn
>>
>>62915473
He's right. But this really isn't the place to post this so I'll just call you a cvck and move on.
See, these retards can't even read the entirety of your post.
>>
>>62915499
Yeah I'm sorry. I just realized how it looks after I posted it.

>>62915508
Many people are, who we listen to every day. Many people seem crazy. Just because he says something different doesn't mean thathe lost his mind.
If you label something that sounds different at first as crazy, you might miss something that is actually true, as I said.
Our society is full of lies and deceptions, Jim Carrey isn't crazier than our politicians and leaders.
>>
File: 1373072323586.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1373072323586.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>62915473
> I know most people on here enjoy living
>>
Jim Carrey is an absolutely batshit insane anti-vaxxer.

I get it, you like his movies. But you have to learn to separate the funny characters from the very mentally disturbed actor.
>>
>>62915473
> wall of text
nope
>>
Jim experienced a legit miracle on the set of Eternal Sunshine, involving Mary.

There's no going back.

Praise the Lord.
>>
Mystical mumbo jumbo is fine when you're sitting on a fat wad of cash.

When it runs out he's Brendan Fraser.
>>
>>62915686
wat
>>
>>62915579
I know that this is not the right place I actually understood it yesterday when someone else made a post about it.
It's just, I've read all those responsed and I saw myself. Ridiculing instead of listening. But I learned to listen some time ago, and my life couldn't be an better from that moment. I just feel like I should try to tell you about this.
Because there is a way to gain full control of your life. All you need to do is listen to different ideas. I mean look at all those people, sitting in offices, hating their lifes and jobs.
They listened to someone we all thought knows his shit and where did it get them.
If you want your life to be different and not just being born to die, you have to live different.
>>
Because being an eternal pessimist is, logically speaking, the choice with the best possible outcomes. It means that i am always going to be right or plesantly surprised. I can live with that.
>>
>>62915473
I saw a thread yesterday about what Jim Carrey said ("My soul is not contained within the limits of my body; my body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul."). I saw the responses to this thread and they were mostly negative. It made me wonder.

I know most people on here enjoy living in a negative world and speeches like Jim Carrey's seem top tier ridiculous for you. But the point is, he is actually right.

He said that our eyes not only see but project. I mean if you think about it, he is right. Your attitude affects the world around you. I was in the same situation as most people on here. Hating people that look shitty or are dumb, making fun of people who got a shit load of money by doing nothing. But in the end, you can make fun of them all you want, you, yourself will spin in circles, not moving forward.

I mean why are so many people on here a bunch of virgin losers. Because people made you believe that. They made you what you are today, but you should make yourself whoever you want to be. Because in the end you have to not give a fuck about what other people say about you. It's not their fault that you can't accomplish your dreams, it's yours, for listening to them. For listening to your own excuses, why you can't do this or that.

If you got working arms and legs and a brain you have more than enough to do anything you want. That's what he meant, you can be whatever you want, but we choose to limit ourself. Sometimes we have to forget our ego and listen to something that might sound ridiculous at first, but might actually be true. It's hell lot of fun to make fun about people who say something that sounds crazy at first. But sometimes you have to think about this stuff, because if you make fun of it, you might miss something very important that was being said.
(hope this helps, everyone. smiley face )
>>
>>62915699
That's the point. It's not mystical. We just distanced ourselves from that way of thinking that it seems mystical to us, but is actually the most common thing.
I mean seriously. Just sit for a moment and think about where your life is going? You might not know, because you have doubt that everything you want to try will actually work. You hope that you get lucky and will achieve at least a little piece of your dreams.
But there is a way to live your life without depending on luck and circumstances.
This whole society is the biggest cluster fuck we could create. People that think different are instantly labeled as insane.
But do YOU think that they are insane, or did someone else told you that they are.
Be honest to yourself.
Telling lies to yourself is something that we do more often than we like to admit.
But how bizarre it is, lying to yourself, don't you think?
>>
>>62915746
>smiley face

Back to le reddit. We patricians dont need your opinions. If i want to shitpost and waste away my life thats on me. I have to realise that myself.
>>
>>62915717
No it's not. Because if you see the world and your life in the worst possible way, you will have the worst possible life. I know how disgusting it is, to smile at people you hate. But if your attitude is all like "Fuck those people they suck anyway" you will attract these people, you will get surrounded by what you hate, because you hate it.
As I said, I was a pessimist myself, than I decided to change something, and it worked. I still make fun of people because their choices differ from mine, but my whole life is revolving around this shit. Live and let live.
Always take care of yourself first, learn to love yourself if you expect other to love you. Don't make other people problems yours. Because life happens for YOU.
>>
>>62915705
>>If you want your life to be different and not just being born to die, you have to live different.
You're pretty retarded. Everyone dies in the end, and after that point, anything you've done is utterly meaningless.

The guy is spouting off retarded pop philosophy, that's why he's being mocked. And you're drinking the fucking kool-aid.

The simple fact is, that billions of people can't do what they want. You think Jim Carrey got where he is today by being the best actor or something? He got lucky. When you're talking about amassing great wealth, all that matters is luck. Where you were born, who your parents are, if the casting director for that day takes a shine to you.

If everyone had the potential to be a millionaire, then capitalism would crumble. It's based on the thought that millions will delude themselves like cattle to believe that if they work hard enough, one day they'll sit on the top step. They almost certainly won't.

>>62915806
You're the one lying to yourself, saying you can do anything. The best approach in life is to be happy with what you have, instead of striving for "better". Your job sucks? Find a new one in a similar paygrade doing something you enjoy. Don't go on a spiritual quest or invest your life savings into a scam.
>>
>>62915686
nice sources senpai
>>
File: donnoose.jpg (71 KB, 624x706) Image search: [Google]
donnoose.jpg
71 KB, 624x706
what the hell even is this thread
>>
board full of cynical retards who come here to call other cynical retards retard
>>
File: Tarkovsky.jpg (692 KB, 1035x953) Image search: [Google]
Tarkovsky.jpg
692 KB, 1035x953
>>62915945
Regardless if you agree with the OP or not, this is what a patrician /tv/ would look like, he brings up a very interesting discussion.
>>
>>62915915
Okay that's your opinion but I say how convinced you are that you are right. And that's fine. Of course everyone dies in the end, but what I meant by people who are born to die is, that they take a stupid job and they work to live. But there we have the not listening thing again. I can do anything, and I will do anything. You can choose to do the same but you rather depend on luck and well, good luck with that.
Of course it's not all about striving for something, you have all you need right here right now, but you can choose to go in any direction you want. And billions of people accomplish nothing because they think they don't have the power to do so. They accept their fate and stay in the shit they were born in.
I read your text and all I see is excuses. And you can answer on my response and say that I'm retarded and an idiot and gullible, but in the end, I know that it works, I know it because I've seen it. That nothing in this world is random. Absolutly nothing.
>>
>>62916081
I don't really care about the dumb excuses you tell yourself to get through the day, but stop acting like it's some ancient wisdom.

You can't do anything. Your life will be ultimately meaningless, and you will die unfulfilled.

Meanwhile, I'm completely content with my current situation. People who haven't managed to achieve that are just as bad as you. The normies who work at jobs they hate all think that one day things will get better. They'll be promoted, their garage band will finally kick off, they'll win the lottery. That's how they make it through the day. They're following the same mindless template you are, that somehow you'll eventually be rewarded.

A tiny fraction will be. And their success stories will be used to push the "if you work hard, you can do anything" approach. Because from their point of view, that's what happened. They don't understand that they were just obscenely lucky. They think that if they play the lottery every week like the man on the news, eventually it'll be their turn to win.

The world is random and uncaring. To think otherwise is just self-delusion.
>>
>>62915473
>working brain

That's your problem m8. You can think and imagine as hard as you want but if you've got a mediocre brain then you're fucked.
>>
>>62915473
Your sort of right. You can pull interesting points out of the craziest most radical beliefs people hold but at the end of the day the way you communicate your ideas is going to have an effect on people.

Talking about the "soul" is a bag of shit when you could just talk about perception and consciousness instead.
>>
>>62916291
You chose your own reality. I mean If you are happy with it go ahead. I wish you the best of luck.
Just understand that all I'm trying to explain is not based on a theory. I wouldn't be so eager to explain if I didn't knew that by changing your mind set, you change everything around you. And I will continue my life with full control about the events. And you will depend on random luck.
So we just agree to disagree.
>>
>>62916065
>interesting
Boring, facile and rather generic feel-good bullshit.
>>
>>62916423
Well after all it was an motivational speech. I think that's exactly what he meant with "soul", the perception and consciousness. He mentions it in this video too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0ZrkBCnfxw

>>62916325
That's true. But if you're not officially retarded you can get as smart as you want. People that are dumb but not retarded, are only dumb because at some point other people convinced them that they are dumb. We can get as intelligent as we want. You just have to work towards it. Expand the borders of your mind.
>>
souls don't exist

big loser me with no friends: 1
jim carrey mulit millionaire famous person: 0
>>
Can I will myself into fucking more bitches casually? Because I'd really like to do that.
>>
>>62915473
>being a neo hippy
go smoke some DMT ya fucking dingle
>>
>>62916481
I don't care if you knew a guy who started "believing in himself" and then won the lottery and found the love of his life the next day. Do you not understand the concept of coincidence?

For every person who gets lucky, another few thousand get unlucky. But you only knew the guy who was lucky, so your perception of events is horribly distorted.
>>
>>62916549
The idea that you can get as smart as you want is unfortunately not true. We are limited by a range of environmental, developmental, social, psychological and most importantly biological factors. You can improve yourself, of course, but within a predetermined limit.
>>
>>62916611
Of course man. The world is your playground, feel free to play. That's the good thing about it. Learn to love yourself, that's the first step and everybody else will start to love you. Don't let other people dictate who you are and who you are not. Choose yourself.

>>62916628
It's not about a guy I knew. I am the guy. I see with my own eyes that I have control of everything If I truly choose to take that control.
>inb4 why you are not rich as fuck by now
It's not easy to stop listening to other people. You won't gain control from one day to the next.
But it is true. And you can try to convince me that it's not all you want. I know it does, I don't need your opinion (It's probably not even your opinion because someone else told you what is possible and what is not) and I don't need to convince you. I did my work by telling you people about it. It's your choice if you believe it or not. My own life won't be affected by your choice. My life was affected by other people choices for far too long in the past.
>>
>>62916688
Yeah but if you see it that way. You are some indian kid born in the shittiest indian slum. If this kid really wishes to learn and expand his knowledge, he will find a way, he will. But if he accepts his shitty fate, he will live and die a shitty life.
>>
>>62916787
>If this kid really wishes to learn and expand his knowledge, he will find a way, he will.
No, he won't.

What you might see is the one in ten thousand kids who manages to steal enough money to put himself through school without getting caught. The rest all have amputated hands and beg for money on the street until they get too old and are butchered for meat.

I know it's nice to think that if you just keep trying, you'll succeed, but that's total delusion. The vast majority never will.
>>
I don't really respect or care enough about Jim Carry to consider his way of life and world view seriously. And from what I can gather at a glance, he himself hasn't dug deep enough to offer anything of value to care about. That said, I want to like him, he seems like such a likable fella at times, but his manic depressive outbursts make it hard.
>>
>>62916787
Well youre proposing two extremes. I agree that a more positive attitude can go someway to helping you out of a shitty life you had no choice over. But simply believing your way out of it is unrealistic. We are constrained by certain physical realities.
>>
>>62916766
God bless you for trying OP but these people won't listen to you. I'm in the same boat as you and I'm glad I'm not the only one here who thinks this way. Positivity seems like the most obvious shit in the world yet people refuse it. Amazing things can happen. Always keep an open mind
>>
>>62916836
Because this one of thousand kids got it. He got it that he has control of his fate. Of course the majority will fail because the deeper the shit your are born in the harder it is to get out. Only a small part gets it, that you can achieve everything you want. And because this part is so small, people get called crazy when they try to explain that it's in fact possible.
The majority of people are idiots, I think that's something we can all agree on. But they are only idiots because they stay in their majority bubble and never dare to think different.
I tell you, at this point, if you choose to take control of your life, events in your life will happen that lead you to this understanding. If you start to believe, you will see the results. See, I can talk about it all I want, but if you want real proof, try it out yourself. It won't kill you. At the beginning you will see results, you will notice small changes caused by your way of thinking, almost instantly. From there on, you need to start working on yourself. But to convince yourself that what I'm talking about is true, you barely have to do anything. Just start thinking about it, and you'll see.
>>
>>62916894
Of course nothing will happen if you just sit in your room and you believe in it very intense. You have to stand up and do shit. Do shit without doubting, without giving up. You will reach your goal.

>>62916981
The majority won't, but some may. I'm just trying because I was in the same situation as they were. I didn't want to listen at first too. I'm not trying to convince everybody, I'm just hoping someone will stay a while and listen what I have to say.
>>
>>62916996
Did you achieved what you wanted?
>>
not reading that shit bud
>>
>>62916996
I don't understand what you want me to die. What am I supposed to thinking or doing? What happened in your life exactly, this all sounds very vague
>>
>>62916996
>>Because this one of thousand kids got it. He got it that he has control of his fate.
No, they all believe that they have control of their fate. He's just the only one who was actually re-affirmed, because all the stars aligned.

Had he been unlucky one day, it would have been another of the ten thousand who would be lauded as an example of a hard worker.
>>
>>62915473
>how can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real
>>
>>62917094
Not my ultimate goal obviously, I won't be sitting on 4chan if I did. But I also just discovered this way of thinking. But I'm on my way. I mean I go to sleep happy about the next day to come, that's more than most people can tell about themselves.
>>62917099
Don't let other people tell you what you can and cannot do. Always think positive if you want positive things to happy to you. Don't spend so much time making fun of others, be busy with yourself. Learn to love yourself if you expect others to love you. If you have a big goal, think about it everyday. Visualise your own succes. Write everything down several times you want to achieve before bed. If you fall, get up again. Don't give up. Work on yourself. Control your emotions. I recently noticed that if your too lazy to do small things (like sitting on your coach and being too lazy to stand up to get the remote on the table) you will be too lazy to do big things. Learn to control your small actions if you want to control the big ones.

I tell you, if you start to love yourself, people will feel your presence. They will look at you like they feel that you are in absolute peace with yourself.
As I said. At the beginning you will notice the changes almost instantly, because it only takes a simple change in your mindest to notice them. But If you want to have control offer your life in the long run, you'll need to work on yourself.
>>
File: 1447572974103.jpg (289 KB, 779x530) Image search: [Google]
1447572974103.jpg
289 KB, 779x530
>>62915897
> life happens FOR YOU
Deep words, brother.
>>
>>62915473
Goddamit OP, if i would be able to dig out the thought of what i truly want to do underneath the layer of insecurity, low self-esteem and social programming I would do it, even if i die in process, but i can't, and playing a happy person won't change my life quality. This just sounds like some shia laboof just do it bullshit
>>
>>62917320
>But I also just discovered this way of thinking
It won't last long, but if it will, i will be very happy for you
>>
>>62917375
Learn to love yourself. That's the best advice I can give you. I was in the exact same situation.

>>62917427
Well I discovered it 2 months ago and as I said. This were the best days of my life. I was in a good mood almost every day. But thanks, I think it will last. I don't want my life to be controlled by chances and luck.
>>
>>62917320
I'm sorry but that sounds like something you'd read in bargain bin self-help book. I mean, it's not wrong, it's just massive embellishing of very simple points that, fundamentally, most humans follow.
>>
>>62917551
>I don't want my life to be controlled by chances and luck.
Too bad, it will be. All you're doing is setting yourself up for some really extreme lows where you try and convince yourself that you lost your job and got into a car accident because you weren't believing in yourself enough.

Learn to live with the fact your life is not under your control, or despair. You can be positive without being delusional.
>>
>>62917615
It has a reason why every self help book tells you the same. The problem with those books is that they talk around the topic without telling you about the core principle. Telling yourself positive things works because you change your perception of your surroundings. Your life is what you perceive it as. It's just that, our emotions and other people affect our perception and not in a good way most of the times. You have control over your life, if you choose to believe that you do.
>>
I was an optimist once. It only lead to bitter dissapointment. So no thank you.
>>
He and Jenny McCarthy lead the genocide of thousands of innocent children. I don't give two shits what that dumb piece of shit says anymore.
>>
>>62917737
No dude, those kids just didn't believe in themselves enough to not catch measles.
>>
>>62917667
That's your opinion, I have mine. And I'm happy with mine. What gives you the right to call me delusional. Can you truly say that you know what the truth is. We live in a society full of liars. Everything is based on how we appear to other people and you dare to tell me that I am the one who is delusional?

I made it so far without my life being controlled by chances and I will till the end of my days. You choose your way I choose mine.

I think this thread reached it's end anyway. From now on people will only try to convince me that I'm talking bullshit. I said what I needed to say. It's your decision what to do with it.
>>
I've been visualizing shit for years. Turns out I actually have to go out and do something to get the shit I want.
>>
>>62917737
>>62917737
>genocide of thousands of innocent children
huh?
>>
>>62917903

Him and that dumb past her prime prostitute talked a bunch of retarded people into not vaccinating their kids using pseudoscience because the dumb whore's kid got autism and she blamed it on the vaccines children need to not die from shit like measles and polio and not the fact she had probably destroyed her reproductive system with drugs and birth control while she was getting fucked by Hugh Hefner and every other guy in Hollywood for two decades.
>>
>>62917861
Wait till you realise you have to be a two faced cunt to get what you want m8, the world's full of laughs
>>
>>62915473
>for you
kek
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.