[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Everything so goddamn Orange and Blue? I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: all blorry.png (3 KB, 386x262) Image search: [Google]
all blorry.png
3 KB, 386x262
Why is Everything
so goddamn Orange and Blue?
I can't be the only one who
would like to see more than shades of these two
>>
>>62915329

hoyas 4 lyfe, faggot
>>
>>62915329
this picture is a masterpiece i knew it right away from the first sight of it
>>
>>62915329

Human biology 101. The combination of orange and blue is pleasing to your subconscious, so your eyes gravitate towards the combination. Movie studios have known this for ages.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3900x5850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3900x5850
>>62915329
I mean, it's a nice contrast. It works well enough, catches the eye, so people use it.

What I don't understand is why the hell Hunger Games and Divergent can get nice non-orange/blue posters, but good movies can't.

Pic related, it's actually moderately inventive.
>>
>>62915329
That it's illuminatti plan to make the masses dumber by means of visual control.

Orange is basically the oversimplification of red, yellow, pink and green, while teal is the oversimplication of blue, indigo and violet, the seven colors of the rainbow.

They want to make you unable to tell the difference between these colors and thus decrease your thinking ability. They can also build perfect killing machines tinted with colors that don't blend with the "rainbow scheme" and will disappear in the air as if they didn't even exist.

Know that blue screen CGI effect? Now think that your own retin makes that. Scary isn't it?

That's the world you are choosing for your grandchildren.
>>
File: casey-stengel-2.jpg (41 KB, 442x575) Image search: [Google]
casey-stengel-2.jpg
41 KB, 442x575
Go Mets!
>>
>>62915440
They don't need to try to sell themselves.
>>
File: 17[1].gif (13 KB, 415x300) Image search: [Google]
17[1].gif
13 KB, 415x300
it's one of many pairs of complementary colors
>>
>>62916316
yellow & violet >>> orange & blue t b h
>>
File: drink.jpg (315 KB, 1200x1704) Image search: [Google]
drink.jpg
315 KB, 1200x1704
>>62916955
correct
>>
File: latest[1].png (136 KB, 300x541) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
136 KB, 300x541
>>62916955
pretty patrician choice famsa
>>
>>62915329
Because Hollywood keeps hiring kids straight from design school to do their poster art and they all think they're clever making one half of the poster contrast from the other half. Color contrast is nice when done subtly but they never use anyone who knows that.
>>
>>62917121
but those posters are fitting when the actual movies have those contrasts too
>>
>>62917121
This isn't a decision made by anyone from design school, it's the marketers who dictate this sort of thing.

Even fresh kids from design school would be more adventurous with the designs of posters (probably moreso than the color choices)
>>
>>62917174
Stop proving me wrong asshole.
>>
When you need a complementary colour to go with either:
>cool lighting
>the goddamn SKY
there's little other choice than to go with orange.
>>
>>62915329
Orange and blue is the most visually pleasing contrasting color scheme. It accents human skin tone better than other palettes. The only reason you think you don't like it is because it's overdone.
>>
It's a pleasing tone, but that's not why they look that way. It's because several movies used that look and became successful so it became the look of successful professional movies and as such became the look everyone tries to go for.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.