[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Falls in love with her rapist and gives birth to his son
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 14
>Falls in love with her rapist and gives birth to his son
>Feminists call her a strong female character
How does that even work?
>>
>>62913696
>>Falls in love with her rapist

Husbands can't rape their wives anon, and all she had to do was say no, not her fault she didn't know the language
>>
>>62913739

*his fault
>>
>>62913696
women identify how she reacted as an adaptation to her shitty situation and don't blame her for it.

"strong female character" doesn't even mean a character who isn't victimized.
>>
>>62913696
>Feminists call her a strong female character
>How does that even work?

women don't consider it rape when the man is either richer or has more social standing than they do
>>
>>62913696
Was it rape tho?
>>
File: 3377080-anton+chigurh.jpg (30 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
3377080-anton+chigurh.jpg
30 KB, 500x367
>dany gets "raped" in the first episode
>no reaction from SJWs
>sansa gets "raped" in season 5
>MUH MAN PAIN PATRIARCHY I AM FINISHED WITH THIS SICK SHOW
>>
>>62913846
Because SJWs only came into existence within the last few years.
>>
>>62913739
>all she had to do was say no
I'd agree with but would you have the balls to say no to Drogo if you were just a 115 pound teenage girl?
>>
>>62913862
>SJWs didn't exist in 2011

????????
>>
>>62913877
2011 was 4 years ago, dog.
>>
>>62913696
But Jason Momoa is sooooo hot
>>
>>62913930
the whole sjw thing started to get really popular in the mid to late 00s anon
>>
>nobody cares about theon
>>
>>62913959
... not even close. Why would you even come close to thinking that?
>>
>>62913957
All the rapists on GoT are hot af
>>
>>62913846
Because Sansa has gone through so much, avoided rape, gained agency and it was all so that she could just get raped anyways

Dany climbed out of the low pits of her experience to gain power. Can't say the same for Sansa
>>
>>62913984
you are literally retarded if you think this SJW bullshit only started in the past 3 years
>>
>>62913982
Dany never killed kids or betrayed her family.
>>
>>62914077
Dany let Kal Drogo murder her brother, how the goddamn hell is that not betraying her family?
>>
>>62914072
Prove me wrong.

Oh, wait.
>>
>>62914047
so basically only good things should happen to sansa?
>>
>>62914097
Her brother deserved it tho
>>
>>62914097

Her brother threatened to kill and her unborn child, he betrayed her first
>>
>>62914097
That was after he raped her, Theon's castration could have been completely avoided if he just followed his orders. Plus Viserion beat the shit out of Dany.
>>
>>62914129
>>62914136
Irrelevant. He was the last(confirmed to that point) Targaryen that isn't her, she betrayed her entire living family. Justify it all you want, yes she was right, but facts are facts.
>>
>>62914126
What? Literally NOTHING good has happened to Sansa, but that's not the point. She is never allowed to actually be a character, she is just an abuse toy
>>
>>62914077
She brought war, famine and pestilence to the Ghiscari, I imagine she killed a lot of children.
>>
>>62914159
Not every female character needs to be a woman's self insert power fantasy.
>>
>>62914151
>Irrelevant.

Because it sinks your argument? Fuck you.
>>
>>62914240
It doesn't sink my argument at all because opinions don't disprove facts.
>>
>>62914151

>she betrayed her family
>he betrayed her first
>THAT DOESN'T MATTER

Yeah go fuck yourself
>>
>>62914216
That's not even the point dude. Sansa isn't even a character

Name one real decision she has made in the entire show. If she never existed, or died in episode 2 of season 1 the show would have no change in it. She is basically like Princess Peach (except even she does the odd thing now and then). This is a character who is from the main family and has been there since the pilot, it's pretty terrible writing
>>
>>62914159
you have to understand, no one actually liked the Sansa rape scene, it was awful writing and a shitty decision to bring Sansa in Winterfell and end an episode with that shit

people here only defend it because of the backlash from the mainstream media, but not from a cwriting stand point
>>
>>62914258

>muh facts

bleating that you're right and everyone else is wrong is childish even for this board, end your bloodline
>>
The guy who raped Dany was a muscular brown man.

The guy who raped Cersei was a blonde white man.

That's the important difference.
>>
>>62913696

She took a shitty, degrading situation, and smartly leveraged it to a position of greater power and social status. Would a "strong female character" just spend the rest of the series whining and broken because someone used her pussy without permission?

Life sucks sometimes, bad things happen, strong people are the ones who roll with the punches and make it work
>>
>>62914281
>everyone else is wrong
I didn't ever say that you were wrong, I agreed that those things happened. Reading isn't this difficult, go take a nap.
>>
>>62914265
>Sansa isn't even a character
This applies to most girls between the ages of 13 and 16.
>>
>>62913867
Drogo knew what he was doing and what was best for her.

Unpopular opinion I know, but sometimes a 15 year-old really doesn't know what is best.

They were married. It was important they finish it and she accept being a wife, which means sex.

She was just afraid because she didn't know him and he was a big scary barbarian. As it turned out, he wasn't bad to her at all. Which is why she fell in love with him.

I love that scene in the book because when it starts you are as afraid of Drogo as Danny is and it's a surprise, that you are slow to accept, when you realize he's not going to terrorize her.

The worst thing he did was make her cooch sore from all the fucking in the first few weeks.
>>
File: 1347660105405.jpg (8 KB, 213x237) Image search: [Google]
1347660105405.jpg
8 KB, 213x237
>>62914216
>Women are either an abuse toy or a women's power fantasy

>2015
>0
>1
>5
>>
>Rapist

More like she was sold as chattle and just went along with it because MUH STRONK BARBARIAN SEX GOD

God damn this series is utter shit
>>
>>62914278
That makes sense. She didn't even get naked, the scene had no value whatsoever

>>62914318
Does that apply to her sister? Or Dany? This is fantasy, nobody wants to watch some useless girl doing nothing it's shit

Even bitches from plays written in the 1700's do more shit than Sansa
>>
>>62913696
You're probably just looking for a reactionary circle jerk, but if you want to know the truth it's because D&D are hacky. The scene in the book is not really anymore rapey than a romance novel, but they made it edgier for HBO, changing the whole meaning of the scene into something that doesn't really make sense in the context of the characters subsequent development and relationship.
>>
Drogo is like 6'7 and handsome
>>
It bothers me that nobody is troubled by Theon's torture and castration at the hands of Ramsay. Are people really that simple minded and shallow?

He had the choice to either betray his adoptive family, whom he was sent to as a hostage, or his blood family who spurned him for having grown up in a foreign culture.

He chose to try and win over his actual blood relatives.

Allowing the miller's boys to be slaughtered was a terrible act... and one he was clearly ashamed of and remorseful for BEFORE he ever experienced the worst of Ramsay's abuse. Theon has suffered way beyond the point of any kind of justice for what he did.

Ramsay has done way worse things to Theon and even OTHER WOMEN than he ever did to Sansa.
>>
>>62914467
We've already had this conversation in this thread, fag.
>>
>>62914359
Put it this way, in regards to sansa.

In a franchise with as many characters who are female, powerful, strong, smart, etc, etc, there does need to be one "normal" to compare them to. It took her entire family dying horribly and violently with their corpses constantly shoved in her face and their memory/corpses mocked and desecrated in order to put sansa in a state of "normalcy."
>>
>>62914265
>>62914359
Not every female character can be in a position of power some need to be subjugated, the same applies to male characters. Not everyone can be a hero or a villain some characters need to be victims to progress the plot.
>>
>>62914490
Sansa's writing on the show is pretty shit though.

When she gets to Winterfell you at first expect her to show some real agency and try to manipulate Ramsay and Roose, rather than just repeating what she experienced in King's Landing.

I was very disappointed to see turn into just a victim again.
>>
>>62914490
Sansa isn't "normal" unless having an extra chromosome is normal
>>
File: 14234413122.jpg (42 KB, 657x640) Image search: [Google]
14234413122.jpg
42 KB, 657x640
>>62913696
>dem hairy arms

god just take me now. she is perfect
>>
>>62914524
because she does so much in the books, right?

she does absolutely nothing in the books and never has

you just want to see her become some ridiculous "good" version of cersei with power, that says more about you than anything else
>>
File: image_11.jpg (16 KB, 432x242) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
16 KB, 432x242
She has more arm hair than me to be honest family
>>
>>62914609
*was
that was like 20 pounds ago
>>
>>62914524
sansa, starting as just a stupid girl, then being nothing but a victim for her formative years, suddenly becoming MASTAR MANIPULATAR after being out of that situation for a short period would have been worse writing.

After all her attempts at agency were blocked earlier by unforeseen intervention, she'd need time to realize she can actually do shit without the hand of god stopping her.
>>
>>62914579
You must not get out much.

People are stupid.
>>
>>62914646
>suddenly becoming MASTAR MANIPULATAR
I don't even know how they think this is happening, she's being played by Petyr like a fiddle on prom night.
>>
>>62914613
No, but the show moved her beyond where she is at in the books, so I was assuming they did that because her character is going to keep evolving. I mean she was at a point where she seemed to have changed... her standing up for Petyr in a way he didn't expect. It indicated from now on that she'd be trying to influence and manipulate other people rather than be the manipulated one.

That wasn't even from the book. In the book she was passive in that scene.
>>
>>62914265
except thats wrong anon.
she is a critical component of the purple wedding, lysas death, neds death (and his guards), possibly the future of the vale and its position in the war. im sure im missing some as well
>>
>>62914646
Arya starts a victim is now killing people
Dany starts a victim and is now taking over cities
Jon is leading armies and fighting apocalyptic ice demons after starting the series as a mong
Bran is becoming a wizard and shieet

These are all unrealistic, because it's fantasy

Nobody wants her to be a master manipulator, she just needs to do something, ANYTHING. I am not asking the world here
>>
>>62914467

Women are princesses. Showing them be harmed on TV is like raping the viewer live.
>>
>>62914646
There's a difference between being able to use her experience to come out a little less bad and being Agent Baelish Wilson. I'd expect anyone to have learned just a little bit from their experiences. Hanging around that kid should have given her the tools to be able to predict Ramsay's motivations and emotions. They're both similarly emotionally stunted.
>>
>>62914695
She's a critical component of those things, like poison, an executioner's blade and the Moon Door were critical
>>
>>62914680
because they are fucking dumb and want some feel good revenge bullshit without realizing what type of series they are reading/watching

>>62914706
it's like you don't fucking realize what grrm is setting up

by the end of the series all those characters will be villains...
>>
File: LIKEAWATERMELON.jpg (113 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
LIKEAWATERMELON.jpg
113 KB, 600x900
>>62914634
>20 pounds ago

This is a good thing. I want her to crush my head between her thighs like a watermelon.
>>
File: 1445083528838s.jpg (2 KB, 125x52) Image search: [Google]
1445083528838s.jpg
2 KB, 125x52
>>62914347
So you're saying raped an underaged girl for her good? I know that their culture has a more primitive view on sexuality but you have to admit that's wrong.
>>
>>62914706
arya, dany, jon, and bran all had people and forces pushing them to become better.

sansa only had people pushing her to stay silent and keep her head down.
>>
>>62914753
>it's like you don't fucking realize what grrm is setting up
He's not setting up anything, I'm talking about the show. I don't care about what's in the cards for the never to be published manuscripts

>by the end of the series all those characters will be villains...
This is ridiculous. Not even a hint of that after five seasons, and with three seasons left they'll all turn bad because........?
>>
>>62913696
Because of the "all men must die, but we are not men" line. Feminists fell in love with her after that
>>
File: 1447965587169.jpg (892 KB, 2367x3562) Image search: [Google]
1447965587169.jpg
892 KB, 2367x3562
Maisie
>>
>>62914711
All I wanted was to see her actually try and win over Ramsay rather than meekly submit to him. She could have avoided being raped if she'd just forced herself to go along with it. Ultimately it would of-course still be an act she wouldn't want, but she'd be gaining Ramsay's favor.

She could have watched Ramsay and Roose and realized that little bit of conflict between the two of them. Then she could have exploited that to further the divide. Things might have actually been interesting if Sansa was prodding Ramsay to undermine his father while also searching for a means to escape.

She doesn't have to be Petyr tier.

For fucks sake, I could have handled her situation in Winterfell better than she did and I'm no goddamn manipulator.
>>
>>62914047
>Because Sansa has gone through so much, avoided rape, gained agency and it was all so that she could just get raped anyways
That's how it works in GoT world. I bet you think Ned getting executed was bad writing too
>>
>>62914755
looks like she's been on a diet of a surplus ammount of dna juice lately
>>
File: 1435868622364.jpg (218 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1435868622364.jpg
218 KB, 720x960
E U R O N
U
R
O
N

I hope they make the chubby fuck they got for the part lose some weight and gain some muscle to play him
>>
>>62913696
>rapist
>she's literally crying with tears of joy as he's pounding her pussy
Sure, buddy.
>>
>>62914769
Yes. Rape is an exaggerated crime anyway.

She was a bride and a queen, heir to a kingdom. She needed to do some growing up and fast and the marriage needed to be consummated.
>>
>>62914107
>no reply
kek
>>
>>62914794
>This is ridiculous. Not even a hint of that after five seasons, and with three seasons left they'll all turn bad because........?

yea they're all going to be squeaky clean good guys...

all of those characters are already dark shades of grey. arya murders people because she's told to...

just look at jaime and brienne. jaime was a piece of shit, and now he's viewed in a better light. brienne is slowly turning into an oathbreaking piece of shit.

you think he's not going to do that with other characters?
>>
>>62914769
Rape is a fact of nature, anon. You can do a lot of terrible things to women as long as you put food on the table and give them a bed to sleep in.
>>
>>62914870
Who is playing Euron?
>>
>>62914815
Is it true that GRRM wanted to a romance between Arya and John Snow?
>>
>>62914900
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>62914906
Early drafts had it, yes.

Mind you early drafts also had Robb sitting the Iron Throne.
>>
File: Euron.jpg (144 KB, 1111x740) Image search: [Google]
Euron.jpg
144 KB, 1111x740
>>62914900
This guy. His name is Pilou Asbaek. I'm not entirely convinced by his look, but he's been in some good stuff and is a decent actor so I'm still hopeful.
>>
>>62914876
>Rape is an exaggerated crime anyway.
I don't see how someone forcing their own genitals into to someone else's isn't that bad. I don't you'd be saying that if you had a big black dick forced in between your thighs.
>>
>>62914976
Looks like Alfie but doesn't look like I imagined Euron at all
>>
>>62914946
Also Tyrion falling in love with Arya and there being literally noconflict other than Stark/Lannister for the whole series. There's also a ton of shit that makes no sense in book one, like Tyrion doing a triple somersault off a wall in front of Jon. He only really got into his groove with the world halfway through GoT imo.
>>
>>62914077
She let her dragon burn, and eat children, with no punishment.

That, and bringing war, which led to the murder of many children.
>>
>>62914986
I didn't say it wasn't bad, but I don't think it is as bad as society likes to say it is.

It is physically (in most cases), no different from normal sex. It is only the context that changes, and often (but not always), the inner feelings of the victim.

If I were raped I'd be disgusted, ashamed, and embarrassed.
>>
>>62915017
If your pet dog fatally mauled someone when you weren't around, is it your fault?
>>
>>62914842
>For fucks sake, I could have handled her situation in Winterfell better than she did and I'm no goddamn manipulator.

sansa is a teenage girl who has been holed up in winterfell her entire life and taught how to be a pretty little lady, that's what she strives for.

she is extremely naive, but she still survives despite that. she was abused and used in kings landing for like what, a year? and then she fucks off with littlefinger and has been with him for a few months

you expect her, within that time frame, to just turn it all around and be some littlefinger-lite type of manipulator?

her surviving despite her being an airhead is impressive in and of itself
>>
>>62913696
Because if the rapist is hot or non-White it's ok.
>>
File: hiz.png (493 KB, 748x446) Image search: [Google]
hiz.png
493 KB, 748x446
>>62915017
>She let her dragon burn, and eat children, with no punishment.

She had to punish the bad people. Like Hiz here, one of the most despicable villains in the series.
>>
File: 1429848930893.png (383 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1429848930893.png
383 KB, 500x650
>>62914999
Nice trips, also I assume that's one of the reasons they chose him, there is a slightly uncanny resemblance to Alfie, they look like they could be brothers even.

He doesn't look at all how I imagined book Euron (for one thing he's a blonde and he's honestly a lot tubbier than Euron is described) but since this character on the show is a mix of Euron and Victarion according to rumours, it may be the case that he's got the physicality of both in the script (brute srength and weight from Vic and cruelty/cunning from Euron.)

I still think pic related would have been an excellent choice, but they probably have their reasons for the casting.

Oddly enough Micheal Huisman looks a lot like I imagined Euron in the books.
>>
>>62915051
>she is extremely naive, but she still survives despite that.

By this point she should not be so naive.
>>
>>62913696
Feminists don't like to use thinking skills. If they did, they'd realize that what they meant to say was "Humanism" or something like that without a gender bias.
>>
>>62915046
Yes. In every way, shape, and form.
>>
>>62915036
>I don't think it is as bad as society likes to say it is.
How is being forced to have sex with someone you're not as bad as society says it is?
>>
>>62915112
I explained that.
>>
>>62913696

Feminists love the idea of getting dicked down by a strong aggressive man who won't take no for an answer. In fact, that's partly why they're so angry: it infuriates then that they can't shake free of their instinctive desire to submit town alpha male.
>>
>>62914467
Reek admits the Starks were his real family, and Robb the only brother he ever had.

D&D butchered so much...
>>
>>62915092
>By this point she should not be so naive.

why? you do realize it's only been like 2 years max since the beginning of the story, right? for 80% of that she was just a prisoner in kings landing.

and don't compare her to arya, arya is a completely different type of character. you can't compare how much she has changed to how little sansa has.
>>
>>62915112
Considering there are a large amount of people who say rape is a worse crime than murder, the heinousness of rape is a bit over-exaggerated, especially when you consider how many people have rape fetishes.
>>
>>62915181
>Considering there are a large amount of people who say rape is a worse crime than murder
OK I agree with about that.
>>
>>62915036
>If I were raped I'd be disgusted, ashamed, and embarrassed.
and society says its worse than that?
>>
>>62914732
Her betrayal is the only reason Ned's plan failed. She is literally responsible for his death, and arguably, the downfall of her house.

I'm not even a Starkfag, but damn.
>>
>>62915051
>littlefinger and has been with him for a few months
she dressed up in all back and wanted to be his student. I expect her to have some skills, also if she is still the same she was in winterfell all those years ago then she is mentally stunted
>>62915073
>muh face when boy comes asking for justices against ex slaves that raped his mom and she says no
>>
>>62915150
Only with hindsight does that become clear to him (in the show).

Mind you in the books he later seriously regrets abandoning Robb, because he was his friend, but he never had a good relationship with any of the other Starks.

My point though, was that at the time Theon made his choice to side with the Greyjoys (is blood relatives), he had no way of knowing how things would turn out. In fact, it might have gone differently if he'd been able to overcome his pride and flee Winterfell with Bran and Rickon. Bringing them to Pyke would have won the war in the North for the Greyjoys.

Regardless, you have to be a pretty serious Stark fanboy, and a childish one at that, to think Theon is a traitor. He was either going to turn his back on the Starks or the Greyjoys. A turncloak one way or the other in the eyes of Westoros. Not to mention that if he went back to Robb a lot of Robb's bannermen would want Theon's head on a spike as a matter of principal.

He was sent to the Starks as a hostage, meaning that if Balon caused trouble the Starks were supposed to execute him.

>>62915163
>why?

It's clearly been more than two years on the show. Regardless, she's had time to learn some things. By now she should be just a little bit wiser. A little tougher.
>>
>>62915307
>she dressed up in all back and wanted to be his student. I expect her to have some skills, also if she is still the same she was in winterfell all those years ago then she is mentally stunted

and the show shat on your expectations, just like it has since day 1

why is this a bad a thing?
>>
>>62914347
>what was best for her.
Drogo is an uneducated savage with no class,who fears water.
>As it turned out, he wasn't bad to her at all. Which is why she fell in love with him.
she softened him up with sex skill she learned from her brothers whore
>The worst thing he did was make her cooch sore from all the fucking in the first few weeks.
its a nice pain
>>
>>62915306
Ned would have been captured regardless because Littlefinger betrayed him. However if not for Sansa being stupid then at least she and Arya would have been returned to the North, greatly strengthening Robb's position.

Mind you, Ned also fell because of bad luck: Robert just happened to be assassinated at the worst possible moment. Had he not been fatally wounded on that hunt when he got back he'd have listened to Ned and Cersei would have been deposed. No war.

Plust Ned just HAPPENED to resign from the Council RIGHT before Catlyn abducted Tyrion which prompted Jaime to attack Ned, which left him crippled and healing in bed for weeks. In that time he might have uncovered the truth...

Ned had shitty luck.
>>
File: femfiction.jpg (187 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
femfiction.jpg
187 KB, 900x900
>>62914359
>>62914494
this sansa is made of fail
>>
>>62915310
>It's clearly been more than two years on the show

no it hasn't, that's an illusion caused by how there is only one season per year and the actors are aging
>>
>>62913846
sansa's man is not hot or exotic
>>
>>62915354
its not. I did not give a fuck about her one way or the other, Im just saying it would not have been that crazy if she had learned some skills.
>>
>>62915441
Are you saying Iwan Rheon in is ugly?
>>
>>62915424
how much time has passed in your eyes?
>>
Because it's not rape if the guy is "hot".
>>
>>62915484
2 years, i guess it could be pushing 2.5 years.

that's it.

>>62915460
she is learning skills if you have actually been paying attention. what could she have possibly done in the whole rape situation? she was given the choice herself whether to marry him or not.... she knew what she was getting herself into.
>>
tired of all this feminist bitching 2bh
>>
>>62914306
>smartly leveraged it to a position of greater power and social status

She directly led to the death of her husband and was lucky enough to have been born a Targ and get dragon eggs. She has done nothing but make enemies and only has an army because they are slaves.
>>
>>62915354
>why is this a bad a thing?

'cause shitting on my expectations meant a repeat of shit we've already seen just on a different set.
>>
>>62914794
Arya is a cold-blooded assassin, hellbent on vengeance, and will do anything to achieve it.

Dany is slowly succumbing to Targaryen madness, is not fit to rule, and ruins nearly everything she is involved with.

Jon is about to be resurrected, after being assassinated by people he loved, and trusted. He also has a burning desire for justice. Factor in that resurrection is flawed in GoT's universe, and he could end up very much like Lady Stoneheart.

Bran is literally becoming an agent of the Great Other.

You want to rethink your assessment?
>>
I think I'd like Sansa better if she was played as less of a bitch. In the book, she's supposedly known for being gentle and having beautiful manners- sure, she's still a teenage girl and has her snippy moments, but she's genuinely soft-hearted and not the sulky turbobitch that she comes across as on screen. There's certainly moments when her moodiness makes sense because her story is fucking horrifying, but there's too many when she has a face like a slapped arse and is coming across as rude for no reason, even well before the abuse starts.

It's not like she deserves all the shit that happens either way, but playing her as being very compassionate and gentle would make it all the more crushing when her view of the world comes crashing down around her, as well as giving her a clear obstacle to overcome (that to survive, she's going to have to throw other people under the bus sometimes). It also makes her 'betrayal' more understanding if it's clear that she's a naive girl who thinks kings and queens are always good people who can be trusted.
>>
>>62915441
>sansa's man is not hot
What did you just imply about my husbando?
>>
God damn I miss /got/

It was the fucking GOAT comfy thread.
>>
>>62915424
No, at some point last season somebody mentioned something from season 1 or 2, I don't remember what it was, but they said "years ago". Or else they said they'd been fighting this war for "years". That implies more than just two years. Two years is not a long time.
>>
>>62915524
>2 years, i guess it could be pushing 2.5 years.

No, you are thinking of the books. In the books it has only been about that much time.

However the show has certainly spanned a longer span of time. Mind you, originally after Storm of Swords the books were supposed to jump ahead to five years later.
>>
>>62915046
Yes.

Do you know nothing of the law?
>>
>>62914755
this guy gets it
>>
>>62913696

It's not rape if the man is brown. Only white men can rape because rape is power + penetration. She was simply an unwilling sperm recipient.

Social Justice 101, do you even PC brah?
>>
>>62915623
>but she's genuinely soft-hearted and not the sulky turbobitch that she comes across as on screen.

I agree, but she's also clearly snobbish and stuck-up too. Don't forget that side of her.
>>
>>62915477
yes
>>62915524
>she knew what she was getting herself into.
thus not rape.
>>62915595
>MFW she cheated the merchant and murdered him. she sacrificed nothing to gain all she has.
>death of her husband
in her idiocy she gave her son to blood magic by putting her faith in a woman her new bros raped and tormented
>>
>>62915046
dog is property and you are responsible for damage caused by your property. its literally written in the law that its your fault even if you weren't not around
>>
>>62915306

Sansa's a naive little girl who had literally never left Winterfell and never been treated with anything but kindness. She's manipulated by an older and much cleverer woman, a queen who she idolises because everyone's always let her believe that real life is like the ballads.

Ned was a grown man who was the head of his family, responsible for all their safety, and had been through war and spent years keeping peace in the North. He discovers the truth about everything awful Cersei has done.. and then instead of having her arrested, goes and tells Cersei that he knows about her awful, awful crimes so she'd better do the right thing and quietly leave with her incest-babies and definitely not do any more murdering, therefore giving her time to turn it around and execute him. He isn't a sheltered young girl, he knew exactly what Cersei had done, and he didn't have an excuse for trusting her.
>>
>>62915181
>rape is a worse crime than murder
some feel that way. its not uncommon for people to go" I would rather be dead " on number of things
>consider how many people have rape fetishes.
people also have a vorarephilia, does not make it ok.
>>
File: monroe.jpg (57 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
monroe.jpg
57 KB, 640x640
>>62913696
>feminists
>having brain cells
>>
>>62915706
>>62915669

what makes you think the show has jumped ahead further than the books?

it really hasn't. they just changed some plotlines, that's pretty much it. at most the show is like a few months ahead of the books due to stannis and stuff like that.

it hasn't even begun to snow in kings landing yet in the show, which has already happened in the books
>>
>>62915859
Again, you are forgetting that at this time Robert was already on his hunt. Had Robert not happened to be wounded by the bore he'd have come back and Ned would have won.

Ned told Cersei to avoid having to see her children's heads on spikes. Ned had seen enough dead children in his life. It was extremely poor luck that Robert died right when he did.

His genuinely worst mistake is reject Renly's offer in the wake of Robert's death. That was a bone-headed move. However prior to that he'd mostly been the victim of terrible luck.
>>
she overcame her rape to become the most powerful woman in esso's. if that isnt strong, i dont kwnow what is but keep dwelling on muh rape culture meme
>>
husband not rapist and he was generally nice to her
>>
>>62915988
>what makes you think the show has jumped ahead further than the books?

'cause I've read the books and in the books Sansa is still in the Vale. I don't know where she will go after that in the books, but she's still in the Vale.

In the show she was in the Vale and then was sent to Winterfell.

So in that sense, Sansa's plot in the show is further along than her plot in the books.
>>
>>62913696
Her rapist was a brown man. They don't count. Only evil white shitlords can be rapists.
>>
>>62915096
>>62915708
>>62915857
OK but that would be involuntary manslaughter right?. Theon chose to kill those kids to hide his fuck up. Dany didn't order her dragon to kill that kid.
>>
>>62916063
that doesn't mean the entire book is further along than the books

that just means sansa's story has been sped up and additions were added, mostly because she literally does nothing in affc
>>
>>62916120
>that doesn't mean the entire book is further along than the books

bleh
entire show is further along than the books*
>>
>>62916120
No, it means certain plots in the show are generally ahead of the novels.

Like the battle of Winterfell, for instance.
>>
>>62916223
that's basically what i said

the timeline in the show is all over the place anyway so it's kind of pointless to try and figure it out. sticking with the books, it's 2-2.5 years, and i'm just sticking with that for the show too
>>
>>62916027

Robert was still alive when he came back from the hunt- Ned holds off on telling him and lets him die in peace instead of taking the opportunity to get the king's approval for what happens next, which would have hugely strengthened his position (unless he hurr-durred and placed those orders in Cersei's hands for her to tear up). Ned STILL has a window of opportunity and Littlefinger urges him to act immediately and seize Cersei and the children, and Ned still doesn't act.

You're completely missing the point if you think it's all bad luck that got him killed. Ned dies because he's too honourable and straight-thinking for the games played at King's Landing and that's made very clear in the show and the books, in which it's a pretty recurring theme that being good and honourable and chivalrous doesn't always pay off.
>>
>>62916391
Right, I just don't understand why you decided to argue me and now I realize I don't even know what you're arguing with me about.

I said that Sansa's plot in the show was ahead of her place in the books, then you went off about some other such shit.
>>
>>62916462
>Robert was still alive when he came back from the hunt- Ned holds off on telling him and lets him die in peace instead of taking the opportunity to get the king's approval for what happens next,

Uh.... Robert was alive but on death's door, bed ridden and helpless. That situation is much different from Robert being alive and healthy.
>>
>>62916717

He was able to speak, understand and give orders for Ned to transcribe, as well as talking to his family while lying on his deathbed. He doesn't need to personally go out there and do the arresting, he only needs to give orders.

I don't really see how this is up for debate. The show pretty much spells it out- Ned is a good guy, but he fucked up by giving Cersei a chance and letting Robert die in peace, and it's honour that gets him killed.
>>
>>62913696
Her rapist wasn't a sweaty neckbeard from /tv/ so she liked it really
>>
>>62914107
Feminists saying men should be castrated didn't come about a year ago, what you're seeing is more weaker versions of those now. It went mainstream, so to speak. Like PETA anti-fur protesters are more plentiful than eco-terrorists or the peole who free animals from testing.

Just cause you became aware of shit cause of tumblr and reddit, doesn't mean it didn't exist before. Goddamn teens piss me off.
>>
>>62915307
His family owned slaves, pretty sure that's worse than your ex-rich mother being raped. Next thing you know, you'll say Madoff's wife should deserve sympathy for living in an average home.
>>
>>62913696
it's not rape if the man is a khal and in shape
>>
>>62915148
I always though it was cause they aren't getting a proper dicking cause they're all surrounded by betafags. Many conflicts are resolved by a proper dicking irl, but these bitches don't get such a release.
>>
>>62917568
>I always though it was cause they aren't getting a proper dicking cause they're all surrounded by betafags

to them 85% of men are betafags

so it's their own fault
>>
>>62917167
political correctness didn't get rebranded to social justice till after 2010, then didn't get much traction till around 2012.

Sure, there were insane people, but no one takes them seriously.
>>
>>62913696
>How does that even work?

Wildly emotional prestige seeking? Just like in the show. Doesn't matter what happens or who gets hurt as long as the woman comes out on top. If she were just his baby making slave they would hate it. Same as women bitching about job title equality. None of them want to work in a mine or an oil rig, but they want exposure to the visible, prestigious jobs.
>>
>>62914047
>gained agency

You mean a bunch of people conspired to save her from others who were conspiring to use her. She was just there.
>>
>163 replies
>14 images

holy shit this place blows
>>
>>62913696
It was consensual. Just because she did not like the sex at first, does not make it rape
>>
>>62913877

They did but it had mostly went out of style by then, the SJW resurgence was mid to late 2013.
>>
>>62919064
how young are you? 18?

SJW nonsense started becoming mainstream in 2010
>>
>he first scane is her borther telling her its okay to get raped by 300 men
>she get surronded by 300 men

????
>>
>>62915095
Humanism is completely different
>>
>>62913696
They don't care for a female character who's "perfect". They care for a female character with development.

Why they attribute strong character development to Kelly C is a whole other question
>>
>>62918941
thats not true though, in the books its implied to be consensual but on the show it is rape

the showrunners confirmed it on the season 1 dvd extras
>>
>>62918623
It's reddit thread. /got/ is on eight-chan.
>>
>>62913696
expecting logic from feminists...that was your first mistake
>>
>>62913846
Dany got raped by a super hot brown alpha.

Sansa got raped by an autistic white male manlet.
>>
>>62913739
There is no word for "no" in the Nignogy language
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.