[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
96% Rotten Tomatoes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
As a huge fan of horror movies I got to say this was one of the worst movies I've seen in my life. Can someone explain why the huge vibe?
>>
>>62907176
Because Rotten Tomatoes isn't good at reviewing movies.

Did that have liberal messages scattered throughout in an only slightly subtle way? Then it's a masterpiece and gets 95% or higher.
>>
>>62907176
>As a huge fan of horror movies
Now see that's your problem OP, as a "nuffin scarez me!" snob your opinion means jack shit to the common man.
>>
>>62907231
It has white ultra-beta kids who would sleep with an average looking girl even when she carries the most horrible STD known to man. is that liberal?
>>
>>62907247
I'm sure it can be seen as some liberal message about STD equality or something.
>>
The beach and pool scenes were so bad
>>
i have not seen very many movies but if it makes you feel better it was one of the worst movies ive seen too.
>>
>>62907176
>huge fan of horror movies
>one of the worst movies I've seen in my life
Oh fuck off with your hyperbole bullshit. It had plotholes and some general stupidity, but the horror genre is so filled with shitty movies that it's literally impossible for you to not have seen ones that are way worse.

It's overrated, just leave it at that.
>>
>>62907327
Name a hyped horror movie worst than this one.
>>
Were all of the main characters supposed to be stoners or were they just trying way too hard to be perma-relaxed hipsters? If a supernatural entity was after me I wouldn't be chilling on a beach or distractedly watching old movies. I couldn't have given any less of a shit if any of them were killed, which the director mustn't have realized is a fundamental for stalker horrors.
>>
>>62907344
You didn't say worst hyped horror movie, you said worst movie.
>>
its a good movie, whats your problem with it.
>>
>>62907286
The whole idea of having the climax in the pool was really underwhelming.
>>
>>62907344
Too easy.
Babadook.

Btw I love It Follows as a movie, although it wasn't scary.
>>
>>62907399
Lol not the same guy but you look like a stupid idiot now for not backing your claim
>>
>>62907176
Please tell me what modern horror films you consider to be better.
>>
>>62907438
Correct on every count.
>>
>>62907442
I called him out for calling It Follows one of the worst movies he'd ever seen, nothing else.

But all later Saw and Paranormal activity moves are worse than It Follows.
>>
>>62907394
Yeah, there wasn't a single character I gave any fucks about.

I liked the music, the concept, the cinematography, and the overall plot, but the writing was fucking garbage, as was the annoying attempt to make a "timeless" movie with a bizarre juxtaposition of black and white TVs and fucking hand-held computers in a compact mirror, leaving all of the characters looking like insufferable hipsters.
>>
>>62907176

It's shitty, but I thought it was better than the borefest The Orphanage.
>>
>Dude promiscous behaviour std metaphor lmao
>>
>>62907176
It was a little artsy and it had a vague metaphor.
The director actually cared about the composition of the shots.
That's it.
Those aspects make it better than 95% of the horror movies the industry shits every two days.
Some people just want a little more thought in horror unlike Insidious 6 and Saw 22.
>>
>>62907935
I like your opinion sir, upvoted!
>>
>>62907176
Rotten Tomatoes is a horrible way of determining if a movie is good.
>>
>>62908072
>it was just shilling even though the explanation is really simple!
>>>/pol/
>>
>>62907176

Easy, OP. You hated it because you heard other people thought it was good, and you're a hipster moron.
>>
>>62907176
>RT

>>>/leddit/
>>
Pleasing aesthetic
Godlike soundtrack
Interesting application of usual horror tropes
Pretty intense at times
>>
File: 1437074993145.png (173 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
1437074993145.png
173 KB, 620x400
I don't know about you guys but this scene spooked me better than most recent horror movies.
>>
>>62908167
>Pleasing aesthetic
sure
>Godlike soundtrack
it wasn't anything new or special but it was bretty good
>Interesting application of usual horror tropes
ahahaha not at all.
>Pretty intense at times
Yeah man, that pool scene was pretty intenzzzZzzzzzzzzzz
>>
This is JUST the movie equivalent to ITAOTS, even though is complete garbage hipsters will love it only to be edgy contrarians.
>>
>>62908207
You're telling me that the "nerdy girl wants to bang hot girl" trope wasn't used interestingly in this? The fact that he had to to save her turned the whole thing on its head.

I didn't actually like the pool scene that much. The scene in the house was the best part of the film.
>>
>>62907176
People like you are the reason we keep getting paranormal activity sequels.
>>
File: it-follows-800.jpg (290 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
it-follows-800.jpg
290 KB, 800x600
It wasn't perfect but it had a neat premise and very nice atmosphere. I really liked how it brought back memories of my teen years and how magical and scary sex seemed.

Overall 7/10.
>>
theres so many shit horror movies out that any time something above average comes out people completely overrate it
>>
it was meh level movie with kinda nice retro music. Totally forgettable, dunno why it's praised so much.
>>
>>62908072
... so you like the endless slasher sequels?
>>
>Watching murrican horror movies
There is your problem OP, go watch Eden Lake, Haute Tension, Au interior, Martyrs, LTROI, Sauna, etc. I mean European horror movies. Murrican flicks are only obsessed with beauty and youth.
>>
>>62908394
Sauna was some serious stuff, it freaked me shitless for a few weeks. Literally shitless, no toilet visits during nighttime because too afraid.
>>
>>62908211
People don't like either of those to be edgy contrarians, especially not It Follows. Its appeals are basic.
>>
>>62908114
homo
>>
>>62907176
>vibe
shilling.

YOU FUCKING TARD
>>
>>62907176

I liked the general atmosphere and the shots and cinematography were well executed. Like a well shot car commercial. On the other hand the plot was terrible and there was no "horror" in it. The only emotion it got out of me was mild annoyance due to the brooding teens and the wannabe kek.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.