[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of Entertainment? I thought it was pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: entertainment.jpg (44 KB, 1280x476) Image search: [Google]
entertainment.jpg
44 KB, 1280x476
What did you think of Entertainment?

I thought it was pretty good. Maybe repetitive and unchanging, but to a point. Very similar to The Comedy, thematically and stylistically.

My only problem is that some parts feel amateurish. The whole color scheme thing (yellow = ego) or even the first scene in the airplane graveyard (get it, he's not going anywhere) or the WHY WHY WHY dialogue. In a sense I like it because it's simple to interpret, but at the same time it feels like a student film. In that sense I prefer The Comedy.

They also had weirdly similar endings. Is Rick Alverson a hack?
>>
I enjoyed it. Very depressing, but kept true to itself the whole way. I agree some stuff felt heavy handed, but nothing too bothersome.
>yellow=ego
I just assumed yellow = desert but yeah

Great camerawork too. Impressive performance by Turkington.
>>
Also the clown guy was hilarious
>>
What was his problem?
>>
>>62906752

Good ol' depression, I'd say. Extreme, clinical, untreated depression.
>>
I've stayed the fuck away from this movie because I thought Neil Hamburger was the lead.. I've made a huge mistake, haven't I?

Why would they pay homage to a hack like that in the poster? I was sure it was him and was wondering why so many people were bringing up the movie on here.
>>
>>62907224
Wow, I just looked up the lead and apparently "Neil Hamburger" was a anti-comedy character by him. Maybe I have to watch this after all.
>>
>>62906599
I only say yellow = ego because the film literally says yellow = ego at that color presentation. It felt lazy.
>>
File: somewhere mask.jpg (90 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
somewhere mask.jpg
90 KB, 1280x688
>>62906688
Anyone feel this comparison?
>>
File: Gregg disguised.jpg (28 KB, 415x499) Image search: [Google]
Gregg disguised.jpg
28 KB, 415x499
>>62907224
you fucking idiot lmao
>>
>>62907224
>>62907257

You're an idiot
>>
>>62907563
>>62907630
I haven't heard of Neil Hamburger in like 7-8 years, since he was on the Tom Green show and /b/ was pranking them. Never bothered to look him up since I didn't like him at the time.

Is he a serious actor in this movie then? Plot sounds intriguing. I think I might watch it later today after my 2-3hour fap.
>>
>>62907695
think it might be a little over your head
>>
Comedy > Entertainment
>>
heyy guys
>>
>Gregg does stand up
>Gregg goes on a shitty tour
>Gregg meets some weird person
>Leaves a message for his daughter
>Repeat for 2 hours
>Gregg starts crying
>Gregg starts laughing
>The End
>>
>>62907728
Because I didn't like his Neil Hamburger character when I was 16 years old? I thought it was a boring one-trick shtick like Gilbert Gottfried.
>>
File: dayz.png (416 KB, 511x663) Image search: [Google]
dayz.png
416 KB, 511x663
>>62909394

You're legally an adult?

Fuck dude, i'm shocked.
>>
>>62909471
I'm shocked I continue to come to this shithole too.
>>
>>62909378
Repetition is clearly intentional.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.