[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Space Cop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: space cop.jpg (57 KB, 335x458) Image search: [Google]
space cop.jpg
57 KB, 335x458
>15 years in the making
>it's done

Will it deliver, /tv/?
>>
>making ironically bad movies so you can shield yourself from criticism instead of actually creating something of value

faggots
>>
>Reddit Letter Media

No, it won't deliver.
>>
>>62904569
The fact that they use practical models is incredible and I can't believe they're wasting a resource like that on something so fucking stupid. Why not try to make a legitimate movie?
>>
The effects that they farmed out to the Canadians will be great, which will just make their own shit look that much shittier by comparison.
>>
>Red Letter Media
Are those the guys who don't know shit about movies so they rely on surface level critique of """plot holes""" and reddit memes? It'll be shit.
>>
>>62904583
We have been over there numerous times, they make shlock movies because they want to, not to be 'ironic'
>>
>>62904583
this.
>>
>>62904619

They literally never use the term 'plot hole'
>>
File: spacecop.jpg (368 KB, 738x657) Image search: [Google]
spacecop.jpg
368 KB, 738x657
>>
>>62904645
No. They complain about schlock movies that are bad on purpose and then they make one themselves. Hypocrites.
>>
>>62904597
>Why not try to make a legitimate movie?

Probably because they like doing comedy and want to focus on that? Is serious drama the only form of "legitimate" filmmaking to you?
>>
>>62904583

this^99

le epic fucking reddit tier shit
>>
>>62904671
oyyyyyyy
>>
>>62904753
They could try to make a legitimately good comedy instead of this
>DUDE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE BAD, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WE WERE INTENTIONALLY BEING HALF-ASSED LMAO
>>
>>62904597
honest question: how would they make a good movie on their budget?
>>
>>62904753
No, but Space Cop sounds like a five minute video that wouldn't even be that funny to begin with. And it's intentionally shitty which sucks too.
>>
>>62904569
I just hope they go back to regularly making Half in the Bag, I don't give a fuck about them making movies, god knows why'd they bother
>>
>>62904725
Making a silly comedy movie with a genuine low-budget B-movie aesthetic is not the same thing as making a "bad on purpose" movie like Sharknado or whatever.
>>
>>62904671
jay isn't jewish..
>>
>>62904805
Why fucking make one at all if you're not at least going to try? Why would anyone devote so much time and effort to making a knowingly bad movie?
>>
>>62904817
>silly comedy movie with a genuine low-budget B-movie aesthetic
That's literally what Sharknado and those Asylum movies are meant to be dude
>>
>>62904671
>Counting Jay 4 times

ayyy lmao
>>
>>62904846

Except they don't have the heart of satire
>>
>>62904839
for fun? seriously it looks fun as fuck. they'll make a decent return on it too
>>
>>62904788
I don't get the impression that they're being "intentionally half-assed at all". It seems like they're sincerely trying to make the best movie they can with the extremely limited resources available to them as a tiny, indpendent group of filmmakers. The fact that the movie is a knockabout comedy with necessarily low production values doesn't make it "bad on purpose" and it doesn't shield them from criticism. Ultimately the movie is going to succeed or fail on whether it's funny or not.
>>
I think that the low production values is beside the point, because judging from the trailer the writing is going to suck and it doesn't matter if you have $100 or $500,000,000 if the writing fucking sucks.
>>
>>62904671
Uh, Jay's not a Jew.

He's said on one of the Pre-Recs that he grew up in a family that wasn't religious at all.
>>
>>62904946
Exactly.
>>
>>62904839
Just because you've all ready decided that no one could possibly enjoy their 'bad' movie which by the way no one has seen yet, doesn't mean they think the same as you.

Why do you all come to a thread about something you hate? does /pol/ really prefer just hating on things rather than talking about things they actually enjoy?
>>
Do people actually expect this to be not shit?
>>
>>62904958
>he grew up in a family that wasn't religious at all

Jewish, then.
>>
>>62904970
>/pol/
what are you talking about
>>
>>62904958
thats exactly what a jew would say tho
>>
>>62904970
>does /pol/ really prefer just hating on things rather than talking about things they actually enjoy?

Yes. Yes they do. They're such twisted fuckers that the most enjoyment they get out of life comes from hating things.
>>
>>62904886
God knows what that's even meant to mean.
>>
So is there gonna be a stream when it's out?
>>
>>62904988
There's more posts concerned about jay being a jew than the actual thread topic, you know exactly what i'm talking about.

Never had much interest in space cop though, might check it out eventually. They'll always be known and liked for their plinkett and half in the bag videos though.
>>
>37 posts
>23 posters

wew someone had fun pushing their mentally ill agenda this thread
>>
>>62905052

Do you know the difference between the AVGN movie and Danger 5?

The AVGN movie was fine with being the exact same shit it made fun of, whereas Danger 5 used its genres for satire and transformative humour
>>
>>62905176

>it's uncommon to make two posts in a thread
>>
>>62904569
yes
>>
When does it even come out?
>>
>>62904569
SPIRITUAL AND ECONOMIC DISASTER
>>
>>62905176

Oh look, the mentally ill McFaggot is back. How was your LE EBIN OVERTIME at your McJob yesterday you mentally ill piece of shit?
>>
Did you know that it's 15 years in the making?
>>
>>62904958
Secular Jew is still a Jew.
>>
The scene with Mike from Red Letter Media looks epic lol.
>>
File: CNimtIqUYAA3Qgx.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
CNimtIqUYAA3Qgx.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>62904569
i think it'll be pretty rad desu senpai
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.