[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the other day I watched the first 3 Star Wars for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
So the other day I watched the first 3 Star Wars for the first time and I have a question,

If The Force allowed people to control minds and move objects, why had it almost died out? People were even talking shit about it on the Death Star, even when they'd presumably seen Darth Vader choke people with it.

Are there any answers?
>>
>>62902888
There were few Jedi left in hiding like Obi Wan. Vader was the only open force user. The force wasn't dying, the people who could tap into it were.
>>
>>62902888
most are inept to use it, they cant do it themselves so they think its impossible. it was a dying art;
>>
I think a lot of people weren't aware that the force was a real thing, I think they just thought Vader had super-technological powers and shit in his giant robotic armor.

You have speeders that float over the ground, hyperspace, etc. Maybe he has a device that allows him to choke people? Who the fuck knows
>>
Because Jedi and manipulation of the Force was an extremely rare thing. It was essentially the equivalent of wizards.

But unfortunately, between the prequels and the EU, every other asshole was either straight Jedi or Force-sensitive in some way, so the whole mysticism established in the original trilogy went out the window.
>>
>>62902888
>If The Force allowed people to control minds and move objects, why had it almost died out?

Not everyone is force sensitive. Sheev "The Senate" Palpatine genocided the Jedi so most were gone.

>People were even talking shit about it on the Death Star, even when they'd presumably seen Darth Vader choke people with it.

Lucas went full retard in the prequels and made the Jedi galactic space cops who go around solving mysteries. Those of us old enough to have never seen the prequels assumed the Jedi were a rare and secretive. We assumed most people had not seen enough of the force to know it existed.
>>
Because the force was something from an older less technologically advanced time. Who cares if Vader can choke one guy, they had a space station that could blow up an entire planet. Even to the commoners like Han, the force doesn't seem as strong as a blaster.
>>
>>62902888
Hey OP, just going to point something out to you know. If you haven't seen the prequels yet, don't. They completely shit on the original trilogy.
>>
>>62903311

I always assumed that there were many force sensitive people through the Galaxy. But few actual Jedi Knights.
>>
>>62902888
The sad fact is that George lucas never made anything good.
>>
>>62902888
Before ROTJ, and totally ignoring the prequels, anyone could use the force, no family lineage or natural inclination was necessary. The catch is you have to believe in it to do anything impressive, this is what yoda meant by "do" instead of "try".

Most people were skeptics like han solo. After vader killed the remaining jedi, he was the only living example besides two hermits no one had seen for decades. Force use didn't "die out", it was never common in the first place.
>>
>>62903633
He made the first movie

Normally I would brush that off to luck, but if you listen to his old interviews he actually knows what he is talking about, he actually sounds like the guy who created star wars. Since then he has changed his mind on everything, like he has brain cancer or something.
>>
>>62902888
Jedi are the spiritualists of the galaxy, except their cult actually had some validity. Bad Ani slaughtered most of the Jedi like animals.
>>
>>62904414
>like animals
read it in his nasally whiny voice
>>
>>62903944
American Graffiti is a decent flick. THX is alright but the chuckle fuck decided it needed to be remade with CGI too.
>>
>>62904420
OY VEY THE 10,000 JEDI!
>>
>>62903944
I can't find it but there is this amazing quote of him talking about why Luke shouldn't cry when he discovers his guardians dead.
He says that instead they would go back into editing and use scenery and music to convey the emotions he's feeling.

Somewhere deep down inside me I want to believe this man was more than a hack. But then I see shit like how he wanted to make Luke the next Vader and it makes me confused.
>>
>LUKE: As the Republic spread throughout the galaxy, encompassing over a million worlds, the GREAT SENATE grew to such overwhelming proportions that it no longer responded to the needs of its citizens. After a series of assassinations and elaborately rigged elections, the Great Senate became secretly controlled by the Power and Transport guilds. When the Jedi discovered the conspiracy and attempted to purge the Senate, they were denounced as traitors. Several Jedi allowed themselves to be tried and executed, but most of them fled into the Outland systems and tried to tell people of the conspiracy. But the elders chose to remain behind, and the Great Senate diverted them by creating civil disorder. The Senate secretly instigated race wars, and aided anti-government terrorists. They slowed down the system of justice, which caused the crime rate to rise to the point where a totally controlled and oppressive police state was welcomed by the systems. The Empire was born. The systems were exploited by a new economic policy which raised the cost of power and transport to unbelievable heights. Many worlds were destroyed this way. Many people starved...

>BIGGS: Why didn't the "FORCE OF OTHERS" help the Jedi to put things right?

>LUKE: Because a terrible thing happened. During one of his lessons a young PADAWAN-JEDI, a boy named Darklighter, came to know the evil half of the force, and fell victim to the spell of the dreaded Bogan. He ran away from his instructor and taught the evil ways of the Bogan Force to a clan of Sith pirates, who then spread untold misery throughout the systems. They became the personal bodyguards of the Emperor. The Jedi were hunted down by these deadly Sith knights. With every Jedi death, contact with the Ashla grows weaker, and the force of the Bogan grows more powerful.
>>
>>62904491
I've watched something similar. It was like his childhood died with is surrogate parents. Lucas had some real powerful imagery in that movie.
>>
File: 1276370155179.jpg (5 KB, 214x246) Image search: [Google]
1276370155179.jpg
5 KB, 214x246
>>62904540
>Dark Lighter
>>
well, you need a high midichlorian count to use the force. its all brilliantly explained in the prequels
>>
>>62904491
it's simple, the good parts in the ot aren't a result of george lucas decisions
>>
File: rotj.jpg (143 KB, 519x266) Image search: [Google]
rotj.jpg
143 KB, 519x266
>>62904491
>But then I see shit like how he wanted to make Luke the next Vader and it makes me confused

He didn't want that. He says it like a joke, Kasdan is all up for it (cause Kasdan is full of bad ideas in those old transcripts and wanted Luke to die and Leia to take over for him) then Lucas shots him down cause he really wanted a happy ending for ROTJ.
>>
>>62903944
His wife keked him with a carpenter.
Apperently this broke him. Makes sense I geuss
>>
>>62903553
Yeah. Lucas even said everyone can use the force but not everyone bothers to learn using it.
>>
Someone repost those quotes from 80s lucas where he has all the right ideas.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.