[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's 1997, you're the CEO of 20th Century Fox and receive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
It's 1997, you're the CEO of 20th Century Fox and receive the final draft and script of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. You read it and realize what we all know: it's complete shit. However, since you're the CEO, you can decide wether to go ahead with it or change it. You announce all the staff that you will change the story.

What would you change to make it a decent prequel for episodes IV, V and VI?
>>
>>62901140
"final draft" implies that there were multiple drafts, this is false.
>>
I would probably just baka desu senpai.

You dont become CEO by undermining the responsibilities of those under you.
>>
>>62901140
>>62901165
>>62901198
Who the hell cares, he's saying that if you had the power to change that shit movie into something good, how would you do it.
>>
>>62901140
Literally every single thing he says here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y
>>
>>62901140
>>62901301
And here (for Ep. II)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAbug3AhYmw
>>
>>62901301

I like that guy and everything he says, but I think they could have ditched tattooine entirely.

Pod racing was dumb.
>>
>>62901321
>>62901301

fuck that guy, he wants to make the movies even more boring than they already are.
>>
>>62901140
If I'm the CEO I don't change anything. My job isn't to ensure that a good movie gets made, my job is to make the company profitable. The prequels were shit but they were very profitable shit.
>>
>>62901140
I cancel the movie for being dumb, despite its obvious profit value, after which I am sued by the stockholders of Fox for violating my fiduciary obligations. I lose my job and much of my vast wealth and develop a fetish for my wife getting routinely blacked.
>>
Tone it down on the whole politics. It's a kid's movie, for crying out loud
>>
>>62901890
Literally the opposite of what should have been done.

I change the script so that every character is also a senator, even darth Maul. And prior to doing anything they try and negotiate. Most of the scenes happen in the senate chamber, or immediately outside of it.
>>
>>62901140
>Ditch the whole Naboo plot and characters

>Make Padme a slave girl in Tatooine

>Anakin is a Jedi apprentice (fuck the "padawan" word) who is already pretty damn powerful in his early adolescence, trained by Obi-Wan. The boy is probably 12 or 13 instead a 7yo "it's working, it's working" scumbag. He's just a Jedi like everyone else with good skills for piloting ships. He's a potential jerk.

>They go to Tatooine in a mission and the boy meets the slave Padme

>Ditch the love story. They'll fuck later in episode II without the whole teenager love shit. Anakin is a complete jerk like I mentioned so he doesn't care

>She will end up dying in ep II or III by Anakin's hands. She will have the kids before he finds out about her pregnancy. He'll quickly forget about that fact but Obi-Wan finds out about the kids later and decides to train one of them for proper - let's call it for now - revenge

>Literally make Anakin a hateful piece of shit from the beginning, this will take out the cheesy "genius boy" appeal and give Vader a more fitting backstory

>Don't even mention midichlorians. The force is already a solid explanation for everything.

>Darth Maul could be in it. He was one of the few good things in official ep I we all know. But he won't die. Anakin, using an apprentice lightsaber which can barely cut paper, will damage him and the guy flees wounded. Force is strong on him and shit, more like the dark side was at his side at the time. Obi-Wan is saved from death by his apprentice

>We need a war scenario to replace Naboo, make something more beliavable and settle a proper terrain for Clone Wars with the necessary politics background. An unfinished war that will continue in Episode II or III for some reason and really demands a creation of a Clone Army, not a bunch of stupid droids that can be destroyed with a single blaster shot. I don't care about that part. Call some experts in sci-fi wars and politics so we'll figure it out.

>Already a better movie
>>
>>62901140
>Anakin is the age he is in Clone Wars, not a 9 year old boy.

>His mother is already dead and we see an angry streak in him early on.

>He actually has skills as a pilot other than "spin around uncontrolled in a starfighter"

>Jar Jar can stay, but his character is much more subdued and down to earth.

>No more Qui Gonn, but instead Obi Wan and Yoda are teamed up (or Obi and Mace)

The rest falls into place.
>>
Start out with a main villian doing some heinous shit. Maybe make Darth maul antagonist. Like assassinating an important person at the intro. The whole movie would revolve around Obi-Wan learning to be a jedi. Anakin and wouldn't be introduced at all. Quigon gin would be hunting Darth maul and stumble across Obi-Wan.

Darth maul would of course be a puppet to Palpatine.
>>
To me its easy. Make a fucking original story. No politics, make it simple. Take the shitty dialogue and make it raw. Anakin is a fucking teenager (not a kid) that is really ambitious. He impresses everyone by being the smartest cockiest jedi ever. He is rude as fuck and doesn't give a fuck. Not even yoda is able to outperform him. Anakin is able to move entire space ships. NO FUCKING JEDI COUNSEL they are a secret society with no fucking ties with the space government. Like Batmans of the galaxy. Make Qui gon jin the master of both Anakin and Obi wan for the three movies but Anakin although is 16 yyears old can outperform Obi wan in every single thing.. They create a training scenario with master with two padawans. They go on adventures on remote planets and they encounter this sexy girl who for three movies we dont know is a really important senator. Padme falls in love with Obi wan, but he abstains. meanwhile Anakin is horny as fuck and doesn't give a fuck about the jedi code and falls in love. They get in adventures like Star Wars IV V and VI. they get their hands dirty as shit. As they grow up. Anakin does so much shit f*or Padme that she starts to feel bad for him and actually falls in love with the sorry ass looser that is anakin. Although anakin is super talented. Obi wan starts to outperform him because he has obtained control and wisdom. They get into a battle with the red sith that ALMOST kills Qui gon jiin. Sheev comes and revives the red sith in front of Anakin although he still uses the cape and doesn't know that is palpatine. last movie is similar to episode 3 (I like some of III with the exception of the dialogue of course.) Anakin keeps dreaming Padme dying and he keeps remembering how this misterious cloaked sith revived him. Anakin and Obi wan kill the red guy and qui gon jin discovers the the sith is palpatine and the same events of three happen but instead of samuel L fuckson qui gon jin is the one who is killed by Anakin.
>>
Anakin should be a jerk, true, but his negative personality traits need to be indispensible to his positive traits so that his downfall is plausible. He should be a jerk, but he should also have a strong sense of justice and an unending motivation to serve others. He is a knight, meaning honorable and noble, even if elitist.

The clone wars should inspire him to become more and more machiavellian, to the point where he shows no qualms about amassing and demonstrating power. And for the most part, he can get away with it because he truly does have good intentions under dire circumstances.

>>62902107
>>62902154

You guys are bad a movies.
>>
oh jar jar is the master sith
>>
Make Samuel L. Jackson the villain and have John Cusack play Anakin as an adult
>>
i like the idea that anakin is a fag and that he kills every jedi in the end
>>
What about making a single movie with a distinct title instead naming it "Episode I" and shit, before re-releasing the classics labeled as "IV to VI".

It could be a single movie that would explain the whole Clone Wars backstory mentioned in original 1977 Star Wars. You can basically start already in that war, make Anakin a powerful Jedi apprentice trained by Obi-Wan and later seduced by Sheev, a true Sith Lord commanding the opposite army (stormtroopers) that will win the war and take over all the systems AND Anakin as his new general. The kid fucked a random girl and she had twins, she doesn't need to be the queen of a grassy planet to make things work.

I feel like Episodes I and II were completely pointless and unnecessary to provide the amount of backstory the original three movies demand. Seriously. Naboo? Qui-Gon? Padme? Battle droids? Separatists? Jango? Dooku? Grievous? None of that bullshit is mentioned in them and were only created with the sole purpose of selling more action figures.

I'm the CEO. I have terminal cancer. I'll be dead before this movie arrives, so fuck it, I'm only making it for funding my family before I die. There will be a total of 4 movies and we can all live with that. Fuck you Lucas, you greedy pig.
>>
>Anakin is older, Han Solo with the force, arrogant and cocky but a good guy at heart.
>Anakin and Owen are proper brother living on Tat.
>Owen cant use the force at all but has seen Anakin's dark side. It scares him.
>"Padme" will get a name change, she is a powerful Jedi but a Consular more used to the diplomatic table than the battlefield, like most Jedi these days.
>She owns 3PO.
>Obiwan is her bodyguard.
>They were on a diplomatic mission to Alderan but get show down over Tat.
>They are cornered, "doomed", with droid troops chasing them, the droids kill a lot of people in Mos Eisley.
>Anakin comes blasting in and saves them.
>Both of them are amazed how strongly the force is with him.
>They need to get off the planet, they have vital information.
>Anakin is happy to help, it is his chance to leave this dust bowl.
>Owen can come to if he wants but he declines.
>Owen warns Obiwan of Anakin's darkside.
>They hire a ship but the pilot dies, Anakin takes over and gets them through some nasty shit.
>Get to Coruscant discuss training him.
>The vital information is about a massive clone army about to move against the Republic.
>The Senate/Jedi Council debates, Anakin is impatient, people are going to die and they are discussing it in a comity.
>He can save these people, he knows he can, but he wants to train as a Jedi so he waits.
>People start dying, they finally decide to act.
>Go to Alderaan stop the attack, but sense some thing, a Sith reveals her self.
>Even with Obiwan, Anakin and Padme they are bested, Obiwan with the only real combat training.
>Bail Organa comes in, saving the Jedi with normal troops, the Sith has to withdraw.
>Back to Coruscant.
>More reports come in, it wasn't just Alderan, 100's of systems report being attacked.
>The Clone Wars have started.
>Reluctantly the Jedi take on Anakin.
>After a 1000 years the Jedi are going to have to take up arms again, become the guardians of peace and justice they have forgotten to be.
>>
>>62902503
Naboo was acceptable. Qui Gon was good imo. Padme was retarded, Battle droids were irrelevant. Separatists were retarded, Jango was ok, and Dooku and Grievous were nice, but not indispensable.
>>
>>62901140
Prevent at all costs that Lucas directs them.
>>
File: goodfriend.jpg (10 KB, 640x261) Image search: [Google]
goodfriend.jpg
10 KB, 640x261
>>62902107
>Literally make Anakin a hateful piece of shit from the beginning,

But he was a good friend
>>
File: Urquhart.jpg (36 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
Urquhart.jpg
36 KB, 620x413
>>62901976
>It's a Sheev and Urqhuart plot their empire episode
>>
>>62902664

Kek. Yes.

Episode II should have just been Dooku and Sheevious in a conference room planning out there strategy. They spit ball ideas and sit around brainstorming. A battle droid might come in and mention the outcome of some battle or whatever thats going on.

It ends with Sheev and Dooku saying

> This is going to be great
> Its going to the great.
> Yeah its going to be great.
>>
>>62902177
So you want a threesome with Anakin, Obi wan and padme?
>>
>>62901140

The CEO couldn't do shit. The movie was self financed by Lucas from toy money. It was the biggest indie of all time
>>
>>62902694
>not a foursome plus sheev
>>
>>62902107

>Literally make Anakin a hateful piece of shit from the beginning

No, that is a shit idea.
>>
>>62902692
Reposting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAbug3AhYmw
>>
>>62902177

Retarded except for the idea of Sidious actually using his life restoration powers.

That would be a dope scene. Mauls corpse being physically recovered, and Sheev performs some black wizardry on him, and his body reanimates and vomits or something in shock.

All of this by the way, is just a performance for Anakin, whom Sheev knows is watching. As soon as Sheev takes maul out of the scene it becomes clear that Maul isnt really 'all there'. And Sheev re-murders him since he only brought back a brain dead epileptic maul, which is all he needed to puppet Anakin to the dark side.
>>
>>62901140
Fox distributed the movie. Lucas produced it with his own money and studio. They had no control.
>>
>>62901140
>replace Padme with Obi Wan during the love scenes from episode II aside from the marriage scene
>extend that to two hours, especially the parts that involve spinning
>Ani and Obi Wan go to illegal cock fighting rings, except its youngling clones tearing eachother apart
>Anakin starts developing a liking for hiking in shaded areas while Obi Wan enjoys being out in the beach
>Obi Wan is reckless and keeps pissing off Yoda
>Ani bangs a prostitute after a cantina run
>Accidentally gives Obi Wan his lightsaber and tells him to give it to the kid or some shit
>Ani goes to a job interview to be a secretary but never comes back
>Obi Wan becomes a freeloader at Owens pad until he gets kicked out for force poking Aunt Beru's goodies
>Jar Jar delivers Luke to uncle Owen and tells him Ani died in a freighter accident
>Jar Jar molests Leia and drops her off at a space castle or some shit
>>
>>62901454
Tatooine was necessary to introduce Anakin though.
>>
>>62901140
>implying George ever submitted anything
>implying he didn't just ride his horse to the bank and empty the vault of whatever he wanted.
>>
>>62901165
The first draft is also the final draft, OP is still technically correct.
>>
File: kornheiser stop.jpg (12 KB, 137x234) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser stop.jpg
12 KB, 137x234
>>62902107
>>Literally make Anakin a hateful piece of shit from the beginning
>>
File: giffy.jpg (25 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
giffy.jpg
25 KB, 640x479
>Text crawl explains how the CIS is trying to declare independance from the republic and that the republic is fracturing, lead into a space battle between the Galatic Republic and the CIS over Yavin 4

>Anakin is a rookie star fighter pilot for the Galatic Republic with a unusual amount of luck.

>His luck has not been unnoticed, a mysterious fighter pilot in a unusual, almost stone-like starfighter enters the battlefield and enters a dogfight with Anakin. Anakins ship crashes into the planet, he ( Again using his 'luck' ) survives the fall but is wounded.

>Anakin at this point is a bit closer to Han Solo and Luke Skywalker put together. He explores Yavins moon only to stumble on the Temple from ROTJ.

>The Jedi Council takes in wounded Anakin and help him heal, the Jedi are peace keepers but arent directly tied to the Galatic Republic-More of a independant order of knights.

>Mace Windu is brought on early and fills the role of "Elder Jedi" in place of Yoda. He grows a beard. Get rid of the rest of the pointless Jedi council members who are only made to create toys.

>The Jedi Order, long isolated from the rest of the galaxy is suprised to hear of the war between the seperatists and the republic. Windu asks that a apprentice Jedi named Obiwan accompanies Anakin. Anakin reluctantly agrees.

>Anakin and Obiwan head out on their repaired starfighter back towards the Galatic Republic, due to a lack of hyperdrive they need to stop on a nearby planet for refueling. Tatooine.

( Here is a concession for Lucas, since the Podrace seen seems kind of important to the plot. )
>Here Anakin and Obiwan try to earn enough money to buy the fuel for their refueling, Obiwan is not skilled enough to do the Jedi mind trick so they are forced to enter a pod race to earn the money they need.

>They win the race, as they are refueling they go to a big refueling station. There they meet the mysterious fighter pilot from before; Darth Maul. Darth Maul fights both of the Jedi.
End Movie.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.